Robbie keane

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby heimdall » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:41 pm

stmichael wrote:spurs are going to have no strikers left :D

True but they'll have a :censored: load of cash to spend, I expect a big profile striker form Spain joining their ranks.
I'd be very happy if we get Keane, I've always liked him as a  player although his goal celebration is naff!
heimdall

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Lee J wrote:

oh dear  :D

They still have bent  :laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:34 pm

If they sell Berbatov and Keane they will be getting around £50million for two players that are both 28 years old and who's value is only going to fall, and will have plenty cash to replace them.
account deleted by request

Postby mistyred » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:41 pm

s@int wrote:

If they sell Berbatov and Keane they will be getting around £50million for two players that are both 28 years old and who's value is only going to fall, and will have plenty cash to replace them.

F'ckin rippin people off if you ask me.

Of course nobody did but hey like to give an opinion  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:45 pm

if negotiations are so far ahead ?? so far nothing in any of the usual places...... bbc..echo
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:49 pm

edit
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby John Kegs » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Im liking the sound of keane now personally, keane behind torres, if its for a reasonable price like, not the 20mil being banded about, thats insane

We need rid of voronin too
John Kegs

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:58 pm

Elisha scott on ynwa ,is saying that Keane will sign by the weekend , fee agreed apparently.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Elisha scott on ynwa ,is saying that Keane will sign by the weekend , fee agreed apparently.

I'm not sure if thats good news or what Igor. He's a lot better than nothing .......or Voronin, but I think there are better out there for the price. Better than Bellamy, but still not quite good enough for us imo.

The price we are reputedly paying stinks as well, £20million!!! when you consider what we paid for Torres. I would prefer buying a player thats got potential as well as already producing the goods, rather than a player that has probably peaked and who's value both to the team and monetarily will only go one way from here on in...... down.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:22 pm

Elisha Scott on YNWA is now saying "Everything is done, fee, personal terms. He just needs to have his medical. Hopefully that will be today/tomorrow...."
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Elisha Scott on YNWA is now saying "Everything is done, fee, personal terms. He just needs to have his medical. Hopefully that will be today/tomorrow...."

I suppose I will have to stop knocking him and start supporting him now then ..... at least till he has a bad game for us anyway  :D

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:33 pm

s@int wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Elisha Scott on YNWA is now saying "Everything is done, fee, personal terms. He just needs to have his medical. Hopefully that will be today/tomorrow...."

I suppose I will have to stop knocking him and start supporting him now then ..... at least till he has a bad game for us anyway  :D

I like keane saint , i think he'll be a very good link man and more importantly he should back up Torres with goals . 28 and in his best footballing years hopefully. £20 million is a lot of money ,but if we are buying a proven prem talent and tottenhams best player and captain , we have to come across with the money.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:59 pm

I dont think we are buying him for 20m are we? maybe less, the media are exaggerating i think.

because if we bought him for 20m then it really doesnt make sense that we didnt buy garreth barry for 18m
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:07 pm

i told ya earlier this week it'll be a deal by today
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Anyone listening to Talksport?  The're topic for the afternoon is Liverpool FC.  They (Adrian Durham & Micky Quinn) are saying that Robbie Keane is not a LFC type player and is someone that we should not be going for as he will not help us get to the next level.

They are also asking why, if he is that good, are the likes of Mwanck Utd, Cheaski and Arsenal not in the running for him.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill