Robbie keane

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:14 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:Anyone listening to Talksport?  The're topic for the afternoon is Liverpool FC.  They (Adrian Durham & Micky Quinn) are saying that Robbie Keane is not a LFC type player and is someone that we should not be going for as he will not help us get to the next level.

They are also asking why, if he is that good, are the likes of Mwanck Utd, Cheaski and Arsenal not in the running for him.

Call them and tell them to get a clue lads  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:26 pm

neither of them clubs have f.Torres and Keane will be perfect partner for Torres - we all know that.

tell 'em to f.off,
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:55 pm

account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:02 pm

s@int wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Elisha scott on ynwa ,is saying that Keane will sign by the weekend , fee agreed apparently.

I'm not sure if thats good news or what Igor. He's a lot better than nothing .......or Voronin, but I think there are better out there for the price. Better than Bellamy, but still not quite good enough for us imo.

The price we are reputedly paying stinks as well, £20million!!! when you consider what we paid for Torres. I would prefer buying a player thats got potential as well as already producing the goods, rather than a player that has probably peaked and who's value both to the team and monetarily will only go one way from here on in...... down.

I dont agree with that mate!
I think hes an excellent player and will guarentee plenty of goals and assists.He has a great hunger and attitude as well,works his absolute nuts off and always gives 100%.I would rather pay £20m for Keane who has proven he can play consistantly well in the League than take a chance on some import.

If Torres scores as many as last season,Gerrard does his usual damage and Keane can hit as many as he hit for Spurs last season we will be laughing!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Elisha scott on ynwa ,is saying that Keane will sign by the weekend , fee agreed apparently.

I'm not sure if thats good news or what Igor. He's a lot better than nothing .......or Voronin, but I think there are better out there for the price. Better than Bellamy, but still not quite good enough for us imo.

The price we are reputedly paying stinks as well, £20million!!! when you consider what we paid for Torres. I would prefer buying a player thats got potential as well as already producing the goods, rather than a player that has probably peaked and who's value both to the team and monetarily will only go one way from here on in...... down.

I think hes an excellent player and will guarentee plenty of goals and assists.He has a great hunger and attitude as well,works his absolute nuts off and always gives 100%.I would rather pay £20m for Keane who has proven he can play consistantly well in the League than take a chance on some import.

If Torres scores as many as last season,Gerrard does his usual damage and Keane can hit as many as he hit for Spurs last season we will be laughing!

I think he will get a few goals....10-15 maybe, but he doesn't get many assists Barry. I think he only got 3 assists last season, and that was one of his better years!

Hard working player, who works his nuts off...... remind you of anyone......Kuyt? Problem for me is I don't think Torres WILL score as many if he plays with Keane.

Keane is not top quality and for that sort of money you expect top quality. 

Or to paraphrase Sabre......Keane won't score 20 goals in a season for Liverpool and you can quote me on that!

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:43 pm

so any news on him?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:56 pm

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

I think he will get a few goals....10-15 maybe, but he doesn't get many assists Barry. I think he only got 3 assists last season, and that was one of his better years!

Hard working player, who works his nuts off...... remind you of anyone......Kuyt? Problem for me is I don't think Torres WILL score as many if he plays with Keane.

Or to paraphrase Sabre......Keane won't score 20 goals in a season for Liverpool and you can quote me on that!

Fair enough mate but i think hes a quality player and will be an instant success.hes a better forward than Kuyt will ever be in our League,you know that as well as i do.

I cant really think of any other forward as good as Keane who we could bring in and be almost gaurenteed to play well instantly in England!Where he will play be it in a 4-4-2 or behind Torres in 4-2-3-1 is another matter,Rafa may even put him on the wing ffs! :D

Yes there are plenty of foreign players out there who we could get for less but its a gamble if they can adapt.Its also fair to say that a high percentage take half a season or a whole season to adapt if they do atal.
We need someone whos gonna be ready from day one,none of this getting used to the English style of play cr@p.
Also mate I think hes good enough if (heaven forbid) Torres was injured.Imagine being stuck with Kuyt and Voronin as the only fit forwards..our goal difference would be minus something!

Overall i think its a practical and sensible signing probably a bit expensive maybe but thats the way the market is.Also when you consider Spurs signed Bent for £16.5million only last year it kinda adds a bit of perspective.Proven strikers in our League are gonna cost ya!

Not really a one for stats as they fail to tell the whole story everytime but he hit 23 in total last season,Berbatov hit the same amount!
Keane was brought on as a sub 8 times in all games,Berbatov 4!
Now im not saying hes a better player than the Bulgarian but if he can hit 23 for LFC in his first season(IF HE COMES) it should be good enough for any fan!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:18 pm

I usually dont get excited by new buys but Keane has the right feel it.  I can see him maturing into a support role for Torres as Kenny supported Rushie and equally lethal himself in front of goal. With Gerrard just behind, Babel hopefully also causing trouble and Barry lurking etc.. it makes for a very forward focused line up. My concern is he´s no spring chicken with 3-4 top seasons left at most, so 20 million would be expensive in that respect as his resale value in 3 years would be closer to 5 million. We can talk about Vill and Silva, but keane seems more realistic.

Cautiously optimistic.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmymac » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:22 pm

apologies if i'm missing something here, but this elisha scott person thats saying we have him all but signed, how reliable is this person? I get the feeling its someone thats usually in the know?

Personally I would be over the moon with this signing, I've been after us getting him to liverpool for a couple of years now and I really think he could become invaluable. The perfect partner for Torres would be someone in a vein similar to that of Rooney and I think Robbie fits that bill. He's hard working, good passer, great shot on him and seems to have learnt a lot of the last few years.
Jimmymac

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Fair enough mate but i think hes a quality player and will be an instant success.hes a better forward than Kuyt will ever be in our League,you know that as well as i do.

I cant really think of any other forward as good as Keane who we could bring in and be almost gaurenteed to play well instantly in England!Where he will play be it in a 4-4-2 or behind Torres in 4-2-3-1 is another matter,Rafa may even put him on the wing ffs! :D

Yes there are plenty of foreign players out there who we could get for less but its a gamble if they can adapt.Its also fair to say that a high percentage take half a season or a whole season to adapt if they do atal.
We need someone whos gonna be ready from day one,none of this getting used to the English style of play cr@p.
Also mate I think hes good enough if (heaven forbid) Torres was injured.Imagine being stuck with Kuyt and Voronin as the only fit forwards..our goal difference would be minus something!

Overall i think its a practical and sensible signing probably a bit expensive maybe but thats the way the market is.Also when you consider Spurs signed Bent for £16.5million only last year it kinda adds a bit of perspective.Proven strikers in our League are gonna cost ya!

Not really a one for stats as they fail to tell the whole story everytime but he hit 23 in total last season,Berbatov hit the same amount!
Now im not saying hes a better player than the Bulgarian but if he can hit 23 for LFC in his first season(IF HE COMES) it should be good enough for any fan!

I think you make some good points there Barry, certainly he is probably the best prem proven striker available (after Berbatov and Owen)and I think he will do a good job when called on to replace Torres for a game or two. Whether they can work together I have my doubts, but I just hope I am wrong.

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Jimmymac wrote:apologies if i'm missing something here, but this elisha scott person thats saying we have him all but signed, how reliable is this person? I get the feeling its someone thats usually in the know?

Personally I would be over the moon with this signing, I've been after us getting him to liverpool for a couple of years now and I really think he could become invaluable. The perfect partner for Torres would be someone in a vein similar to that of Rooney and I think Robbie fits that bill. He's hard working, good passer, great shot on him and seems to have learnt a lot of the last few years.

Elisha Scott is Stevie Gerrards mate, and so most of what he says is well founded...... but doesn't always come true.

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:57 pm

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

I think you make some good points there Barry, certainly he is probably the best prem proven striker available (after Berbatov and Owen)and I think he will do a good job when called on to replace Torres for a game or two. Whether they can work together I have my doubts, but I just hope I am wrong.

I can understand that mate!
Torres seems to be at his very best when playing up there alone with one thing in his mind.
Id say Rafa has putting Keane in Gerrards present role in mind.Of course there is a certain gamble in every new signing but i feel Keane could play this role the no sweat.We need to trust that LFC have done their homework,i'd say Rafa has analized the @rse off Keane and feels he can slot right in.
Probably means Gerrard back on the right which will probably start a riot on here with some posters!

Oh im just Fu*king fed up with ifs,buts and maybes tbh...only 26 more days to go! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmymac » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:29 pm

s@int wrote:
Jimmymac wrote:apologies if i'm missing something here, but this elisha scott person thats saying we have him all but signed, how reliable is this person? I get the feeling its someone thats usually in the know?

Elisha Scott is Stevie Gerrards mate, and so most of what he says is well founded...... but doesn't always come true.

oh righty, so a bit of a better source than most of the broadsheets then, cheers for the info fella :)
Jimmymac

Postby zarababe » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:52 pm

s@int wrote:

:D probably makes-up a lot of sh*t too ay  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:32 pm

The latest I heard that we are going to bid 18m quid for keane

SOURCE
ImageImageImage
metalhead