Mourinho wants to coach liverpool - Shocker

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby the_red_alonso » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:23 pm

An article I read in the Sunday Express website-

Jose Mourinho has been keeping a close eye on the pressure slowly building on Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.

When he left  Stamford Bridge in September, Mourinho insisted his next post would not be in England.

But that was before Benitez’s rotation policy cost Liverpool valuable ground in the Premier League, and left their Champions League hopes on the brink and the fans up in arms.

The Sunday Express has learned from sources in Portugal close to Mourinho that he has added the Anfield giants to his short list of possible clubs to manage next.

Our source confirmed: “There’s no question Liverpool is a club Jose would like to manage.”

Under his extremely generous severance terms with Chelsea, Mourinho cannot work in England until June.

But he believes that taking over from Benitez could be the most attractive option open to him because:

Liverpool have the financial power to compete with Europe’s elite.

The Kop are so fed up with the club’s title drought that they would welcome the Special One.
lIt would make Roman Abramovich even more jealous of Liverpool.

Only last week Mourinho emphasised his determination to hold out for one of Europe’s top jobs by rejecting Valencia, widely regarded as Spain’s third-largest club.

But unless Real Madrid or Barcelona come calling next summer, which is unlikely, his options will be limited to either of Italy’s Milan clubs – or Liverpool. News of Mourinho waiting in the wings is sure to rattle Kop boss Benitez, who has an intense dislike of the ex-Porto coach and is engulfed in a full-blown crisis on Merseyside.

Failure to beat Besiktas at home on Tuesday will end Liverpool’s Champions League interest – and further undermine the Spaniard’s standing at the club.

And unless he was to deliver the Premier League – a tough proposition with Arsenal and Manchester United both in great form – Benitez could well pay the price for blowing £50million last summer and leave the door open for Mourinho.

WELL !!!
Highly Unlikely to happen but who knows
:veryangry
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:30 pm

That paper is a f*cking joke, and there is not a shred of anything in that article to give it anything even resembling credibility.

"Sources in Portugal" - does anyone believe that this story has been written following phone calls, or a visit to anybody in Portugal?

"The Kop are so fed up with the club’s title drought that they would welcome the Special One."

Ask everybody on the Kop if they'd welcome him.

I've said this many, many times before. If the only quote in an article is attributed to a "source", then the journalist has made it up. It really is that simple.
ivor_the_injun

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:37 pm

"The Kop are so fed up with the club’s title drought that they would welcome the Special One."

IVE just nearly choked on my cup of tea reading that

Not a :censored: chance in hell. who ever is making these stories up should be writing fairy stories
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:51 pm

Well we do need to replace Pako........... :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:57 pm

If this rumour ever starts to look like anything other than total :censored:, I think the whole ground needs to join together in singing "F*ck off Mourinho", just to make the point to G&H that we will not tolerate that sh*tbin anywhere near our great club.  The way he does things is not the Liverpool way.  He is a piece of slime, and a despicable, disrespectful excuse for a human being and would rather see us relegated before we let him in charge of our club.
Red Red Tom

Postby Elchris » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:59 pm

Owzat wrote:Well we do need to replace Pako........... :D

HAHAHAHA !!!!!

Nobody can replace Rafa Benitez , He will show he's class soon  :help
Elchris

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:05 pm

He can fook right off.
We have our manager and he proved time and again in the cup games against Jose that he has his measure.

Just another way of them (the press) trying to put pressure on our manager.

Dont think we need say anything more about this, an Liverpool supporter would not want a man like that managing our club.  :no

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:22 pm

Owzat wrote:Well we do need to replace Pako........... :D

I wouldnt even give him a job picking up the rubbish after the game,

The mans name shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentance as our club
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:32 pm

ON YOUR BIKE MUPPET
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:33 pm

To be honest, I reckon this thread should be locked - talking about it, even if all we're saying is that it's ridiculous, is playing into the rag's hands.
ivor_the_injun

Postby destro » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:24 pm

I agree I would not want him at Liverpool, and that the article is probably a load of  :censored:,but..... you can never say never in football. Rafa is not 100 % guaranteed to stay at Liverpool be it his choice or G&H ANYTHING can happen.

The Glazers were told they would never take over at United and it led to a break away club being formed in F.C United now slowly but surely the same fans  are creeping back to Old Trafford.

The sad fact is that if the Board want this to happen then it will and there isn't a thing the fans could do to stop it ???
destro

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:27 am

If he's available, affordable and willing, then Manhattan would be cool with him being LFC manager.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:38 am

yeah, the guy knows how to win the premier league, why on earth would we ever want a manager like that      :Oo:

personally i dislike the guy but if he comes and wind the league then so be it
112-1077774096

Postby red_guy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:If he's available, affordable and willing, then Manhattan would be cool with him being LFC manager.

Yarp. If anything happens to Rafa....  ???
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:28 am

Why replace one negative manager with another?

Isnt it funny the way he has been so easily forgotten about at Chelsea?

And suprisingly they are playing better football without him its like he was never here in the first place.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill