Mourinho asked to be manager by dic - According to the mail anyway

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:10 am

Number 9 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:i can't believe people are actually wanting Mourinho as our manager. The same Jose Mourinho who never had a good word for us as a club during his spell at Chelsea, the same Jose Mourinho who will do anything in his power to ensure Liverpool fail and the same Jose Mourinho who tells Liverpool fans to shut up (carling cup final 2005)

He's an arrogant, slimely, un-Liverpool like man. I never want to see him replace Benitez or any other Liverpool manager. I can't stand the fella, he's a total embarassment to football the way he carries on. Whenever Chelsea lost a game under him, it was always someone elses fault. I'd rather a manager come out and give the other side credit (if they deserve it)

So what he won league titles with Chelsea...why do people think that would guarentee us a league title? I'm not Benitez' biggest fan but I'd rather see him in charge of Liverpool for another 50 years, than just one off Mourinho.

He should never be offered the job (should it come available) and anybody who wants him as our manager must have extremely short memories.

In Rafa I Trust Ahead Of Mourinho.

1) he is passionate
2) we knew what he did to liverpool fans but he would have done the same if it was any other team - his celebration when porto beat manure

Its two days until our Champions League Semi final mate!

Any chance you could save your obvious affection for Mourinho until after that please?
Think about it? :)

trust me. i wanna see liverpool stuff em.
i had a vision as i was in the gents. we beat em 3-1
:D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Number 9 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:13 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:i can't believe people are actually wanting Mourinho as our manager. The same Jose Mourinho who never had a good word for us as a club during his spell at Chelsea, the same Jose Mourinho who will do anything in his power to ensure Liverpool fail and the same Jose Mourinho who tells Liverpool fans to shut up (carling cup final 2005)

He's an arrogant, slimely, un-Liverpool like man. I never want to see him replace Benitez or any other Liverpool manager. I can't stand the fella, he's a total embarassment to football the way he carries on. Whenever Chelsea lost a game under him, it was always someone elses fault. I'd rather a manager come out and give the other side credit (if they deserve it)

So what he won league titles with Chelsea...why do people think that would guarentee us a league title? I'm not Benitez' biggest fan but I'd rather see him in charge of Liverpool for another 50 years, than just one off Mourinho.

He should never be offered the job (should it come available) and anybody who wants him as our manager must have extremely short memories.

In Rafa I Trust Ahead Of Mourinho.

1) he is passionate
2) we knew what he did to liverpool fans but he would have done the same if it was any other team - his celebration when porto beat manure

Its two days until our Champions League Semi final mate!

Any chance you could save your obvious affection for Mourinho until after that please?
Think about it? :)

trust me. i wanna see liverpool stuff em.
i had a vision as i was in the gents. we beat em 3-1
:D

Just as long as you were not in the gents with Mourinho!! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:50 am

I cannot understand how some here can even consider Mourin"media"ho. It is always about him and not his team and he is not a long term solution to any team as he cannot last at any team more than a few years before self destructing. He is good at selling himself and talking a good game but I never saw him as a tactical master. Watching his teams are a good  cure for insomnia. He is good enough for a "flash in the pan" team but not good enough for Liverpool.

We have a great manager and if he were to leave it would not be Mourinho that I would want to replace him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:52 am

NANNY RED wrote:
The_Rock wrote:BTW.....i am interested to know what all the Hicks bashers think about this...

If Hicks still remain as owner...then rafa stays....

If DIC takes over, mourinho takes over....

So which option do they want ?

If i am not wrong,  most of the anti-hicks brigade are in the "Rose-tinted clan"......  :glare:

Looks like your outa luck then Rock

DIC quash Mourinho rumours

27/04/2008 - 12:50:34 PM

Liverpool fans’ groups have been assured that Jose Mourinho has not been offered Rafael Benitez’s job as boss at Anfield.

In a situation similar to the one admitted by co-owners Tom Hicks that they did meet Jurgen Klinsmann last year to discuss a possible appointment at Anfield, it has now been claimed that Dubai International Capital have held conversations with former Chelsea boss Mourinho.

But sources at DIC today have denied that they have ever “offered the job to Mourinho, or met him to discuss it.”

And DIC’s representatives, who have good relations with a number of Liverpool fans’ groups including the recently formed 'Spirit of Shankly' organisation, have gone to the point today of contacting them to deny speculation over Mourinho.

They are aware that Liverpool fans would react with horror if they believed Mourinho was a possible replacement for Benitez, who has been shown that he has fans’ full support to continue in the job.

Anfield supporters have not forgiven Mourinho for much of the rhetoric and confrontational attitude towards the club taken over the years by the Portuguese coach, particularly involving the Champions League clashes between Liverpool and Chelsea.
AdTech Ad

So it is being greeted with suspicion that more speculation over Mourinho and Liverpool has surfaced just days before the clubs meet again at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday in the Champions League semi-final second leg.

DIC are acutely aware that if they do eventually take over at Anfield, Benitez has complete backing from the club’s fans and any move to dislodge him would be a massive PR blunder.

It is believed DIC have actually been contacted twice by intermediaries for Mourinho suggesting a meeting, but the offer has not been taken up because they are happy with the job Benitez is doing and they are very aware of the reaction from the Kop fans.

Benitez is also believed to be aware of DIC’s stance as he bids to take Liverpool to their third European Cup final in four seasons. 

http://www.eecho.ie/news/story/?trs=mhojsnojeycw

Quick  reply to the rumour from Dic

not many " " in that post.

If you have radio 5 live on today they has still been saying that DIC and Mourinho have been in talks.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:17 am

Ive got a whopper of a hangover from a party last night came on here to see some good news only to see were still goin on about Mourinio, Raffa Benitez is the manager of our club and long may it continue, 

Im actualy sick of all this PR from Mourinio and them two clowns because thats what it is ,

Theres no job vacancy at Anfield so Get yourself down the Job Center Jose.

He must be :censored: gutted to see that Chelsea are doing alright without him
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:23 am

well latest odds people?
maureen to be next 'pool manager: 2/1 yes; 4/11 no

so if u do believe, insert money below upper lip
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:32 am

Number 9 wrote:!

Rafa is going nowhere and the creaming over Mourinho on this forum is really starting to make me ill!
Totally disgusted!

Lucky you werent here earlier in the year then when we were going through a bad patch, this is pretty mild now.

Rafa aint going nowhere and if Hicks is his mate then by god he certainly doesnt need any enemies
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:08 am

Josie showed he can win the Premiership by spending money and that he can also not win it by spending more money. People over-rate what he did with Porto, he took a big club and won the league. He then won the Champions League when the big clubs had all gone out, they beat MONACO in the final ffs and the semis were pretty weak (add Deportivo and Chelsea) and the semis not that much stronger (add Lyon, Arsenal, Milan and Real Madrid) then it wasn't a great campaign. Only Porto of the semi-finalist had ever won the European Cup, compare that with this season and only Chelsea HAVEN'T ever won it.

If DIC throw money at Josie then will we get the quality players or the Shevchenko's, Malouda's etc? I said when he first won the Premiership that it was on the base of Ranieri's side, if anything you could make a case that the more players he signed, the weaker Chelsea became.

Jose Transfers

2007/8 (£13.5m) : Beletti, Malouda

Nothing special, arguably the players that left were better - Johnson, Robben and Diarra.

2006/7 (£70.0m) : Boulahrouz, Cole, Sidwell, Pizarro, Ben Haim

Nothing special, lot of money for not a lot of 1st team quality. Duff, Del Horno, Huth, Gallas and Crespo were among those departing.

2005/6 (£92.4m) : Del Horno, Diarra, Wright-Phillips, Essien, Ballack, Kalou, Shevchenko, Mikel, Sinclair

Some very good signings, Mikel, SWP, Essien and Ballack among key players in the current squad. Smertin, Tiago, Veron, Kezman, Gudjohnsen and Jarosik among those who left. So his signings were good, and no coincidence that was their last title triumph.

2004/5 (£77.1m) : Cech, Kezman, Drogba, Tiago, Carvalho, Jarosik, Ferreira

Surprisingly few signings considering, shows how much the title came from existing players. Carvalho and Drogba were key and still are, the rest so ordinary they have gone already! Players leaving included Mutu, Parker, Forssell, Melchiot, Zenden and Babayaro

And then look at the players who play a key role who were there already - Terry, Lampard, Joe Cole and Makelele. They're arguably as key as any other four players you could name, and not to mention the players like Crespo, Duff, Gallas, Bridge and Robben who were key to their success even though only Bridge now remains. Josie made key errors in judgement, he let too many defenders go and ended up without enough cover. Was it Essien at CB when we beat them 2-0? And when Duff, Robben and Crespo left he couldn't find a new winning formula, they're too reliant on Drogba and generally he didn't really replace key personnel in key positions - CB, wide and up front.

Do we really want a manager who, with a near bottomless resource, made changes and made a mess of them? I think his ego must have played some part in some of the players who left, he may well come in and upset the key players we have already and we may see no success. How many quality CFs did he sign for Chelsea? One (Drogba) How many quality CBs did he sign for Chelsea? One (Carvalho) How many quality FBs did he sign for Chelsea? Arguably none, Cashley is over-rated. How many quality wingers did he sign for Chelsea? One (SWP) He signed a quality GK and quality CMs, everywhere else I would say he didn't sign much in the way of quality and paid a lot for what he did sign.

Anyone still want Josie? Yes to DIC, let's wait and see regards the manager.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:37 am

Or perhaps a different way of looking at Mourinho is  :- He took a team from the weakest of the top leagues, beat the best team in England over the past 20 years in Manchester utd, with a team that cost a pittence in comparison, before going on to win the final.

He then took over at Chelsea where without a 2 year settling in period, managed to blend the best of european football with the home grown talent before winning the league 2 years on the trot. Admittedly his final year was a complete disaster as he only won the FA CUP and League CUP. However he was forced to include players he neither wanted nor needed while being refused the CB that he wanted and needed as he had so many injuries.   

5 cups in 3 years (including 2 league titles) not bad for an over-rated manager who had to take on the established Ferguson and Wenger in the prem.
account deleted by request

Postby puroresu » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:52 am

Jose won the Champions League with Porto.  How is that any less than any other CL win.  Yeah they beat Monaco but its not his fault that Monaco beat Real Madrid.  They beat Utd, Lyon and Deportivo on the way to the final.  Again they played deportivo cos Milan managed to blow a 4-1 lead against deportivo in the 2nd leg.  I dont see how just because the big names got Knocked out suddenly that CL win is any less than another sides win.
puroresu

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Who cares, DIC don't even own the club.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:42 pm

One vaguely interesting angle on this media shitenzehousen balloney:

The thought that IF DIC became owners they wouldnt want to continue with the sure and steady squad and performance improvement but go for gold and "do an Abramovich" and buy in the best, creating another dream team.

I havent even considered that possibility until now, we the fans are used to the patient build up to regain lost glories however what if DIC comes in and says ok Rafa, do a Joss or worse, bring in Joss to do a Joss? ??? If that was their plan maybe Joss is the man?

Taxi´s outside.................... :laugh: :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill