Sami hyypia - new liverpool coach?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby mramo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:43 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/02/2005795/roy-hodgson-lines-up-sami-hyypia-for-return-to-liverpool-as

Not sure how accurate this website usually is?
mramo

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 am

I read this in the Mirror newspaper (i think it was) yesterday, if this happened i think it would be a boost for Liverpool. Sammi's spirit and personality around the place could rub off on the rest of the squad, and to be honest even at his age he was a star player in the Bundesliga last year.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:57 am

Could be an excellent move by Roy
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Raoul » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Didn't Rafa offer him a year's contract, followed by a coaching contract, before he decided to sign for two years with Leverkusen? Don't think he is ready to hang up his boots yet. Perhaps in a year or two, but not this season I think.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:37 pm

I said this the day Roy was appointed as our boss, I heard it last week
roberto green

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:48 pm

I think I said this before: I think Sami should be back ASAP, a fantastic example to others...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby parchpea » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:37 pm

I thought the offer to return as a coach was on the table when Hyypia left to be honest. He wanted to play regular footy for a year or two but we did not feel we could offer that but did not want to lose him permanently. In effect his stint in Germany was a short term playing arrangement with a long term view to return to Anfield on the coaching staff. Arguably the best centre half Liverpools had, absolutely fantastic player Hyypia.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:55 am

Liverpool made Hyypia approach     August 7, 2010

Roy Hodgson has revealed he has failed in an attempt to bring Bayer Leverkusen defender Sami Hyypia back to Liverpool.

Hyypia, 36, left Anfield last summer after ten years at the club to sign a two-year deal to play in Germany, but reports had claimed Hodgson wanted to bring him back to Liverpool in a player-coach capacity.

Hodgson, who managed Hyypia during his time in charge of Finland from 2006 to 2007, has now confirmed he made an offer but said Leverkusen would not allow him to leave.

"I can see players like Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard never leaving Liverpool Football Club," he said on Click Liverpool. "I can see them always being part of the club. In the same way I'm a bit disappointed that my attempts to bring Sami Hyypia back failed.

"It only failed because he's so important to Bayer Leverkusen. We couldn't get him out of his contract. He's one I would also put in the Jamie Carragher-Steven Gerrard mould - Liverpool for life.

"Unfortunately he was let go at the end of the season before last and we can't get him back. He's too valuable to them."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:57 am

Pity
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill