Mourinho asked to be manager by dic - According to the mail anyway

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:15 pm

So generally this thread is about a company who have nothing to do with the club offering a job to someone who also has nothing to do with the club.

Personally I doubt very much they would even be considering another manager, all they would be considering is getting there own foot in the door first.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:30 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:DIC + Jose + New Stadium would be too good a prospect to turn down.

It's not too good enough for me to turn it down, which I would. That equation reminds me of a shit sandwich. Obviously with Jose being the filler. The prospect of DIC and a new stadium on the other hand sounds mouth watering.

Why?

He's a proven success.

If he was the LFC manager from 2004 onwards and shot his mouth off while winning the Premiership, no one would have a problem with him.

As an individual, as a person, I favor Rafa. There's just a sleazy and unpleasant aura about Mourinho that I dislike and would never like to see someone as pompous and as smug as him running our club. He's got a distinctly "un-Liverpaudlian" way about him to put it for want of a better phrase. I'm not even sure that's grammatically acceptable, but anyway. Sure he's been a success, but he hardly built a team from the ground up, and should he have had to, he would have all the money and backing in the world. I just don't like the guy. Personal preference I suppose.

He would hardly have to "build a team from the ground up" if he took over Liverpool though would he Emerald?  We have a lot of top quality players who I am sure he would be delighted with. Its the problem that they arn't all playing consistantly to their potential that is a concern.

If we lose Rafa (for whatever reason) I think Mourinho is by far the best candidate. He has proven himself in the prem, has good knowledge of the English and European game and is a big enough name to attract the cream of European footballs top players.

While Rafa also has many of those same qualities, it is not beyond possibility that he will leave in the summer , and for me Mourinho would be the best manager available to replace him. 

As Leon says its probably just Mourinho trying to talk himself into one of the top jobs while taking a side swipe at Rafa, but if it comes to the crunch and Rafa goes, who you gonna call ?  Fat Sam   :D
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:49 pm

I know i'm completely biased and with that brings no logic whatsoever , but i just can't bare the thought of him as manager of our club . I know he would be the logical choice if rafa was ever to leave ,but the way he loves being centre stage in the press just riles me . Remember when he manged chelsea ,it wasn't how great they played or this player was great or that player played a blinder, it was what's maureens next sound bite gonna be , what wacky controversial comment is he going to make now . The fella's got no class, yes he is definatley a good manager that proven . It's just that he's a first class grade a t!thead.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:53 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I know i'm completely biased and with that brings no logic whatsoever , but i just can't bare the thought of him as manager of our club . I know he would be the logical choice if rafa was ever to leave ,but the way he loves being centre stage in the press just riles me . Remember when he manged chelsea ,it wasn't how great they played or this player was great or that player played a blinder, it was what's maureens next sound bite gonna be , what wacky controversial comment is he going to make now . The fella's got no class, yes he is definatley a good manager that proven . It's just that he's a first class grade a t!thead.

Agree totally with that. I just cannot stand the guy, he is the one person who would put himself above the club, the supporters and the traditions, he is the one person who would regard himself supreme to everything lfc are about. Thank you but no thank you. Besides if rafa did leave what bigger insult could you give then to hire him?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:15 pm

To me its a bit like how I felt about Roy Keane when he was at his peak. I hated him with a vengence , but I still had to admit he was a cracking player, who I would have loved to play for us. Ronaldo and Drogba are also two cracking players but whether their behaviour and diving would be acceptable to the majority of fans?  Same with Mourinho, I can understand anyone who says he's not acceptable due to his behaviour and constant headline grabbing, but for me he is the outstanding candidate if Rafa left, and hopefully he would be instructed in the way things are/were done at Liverpool.

Personally I think if he won the league first season(or even made a real challenge) most people would forget the past anyway.

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 pm

I dont think it would be a case of forgetting the past, it would be a case of living with what he said the day before. Also I dont think he is as great as people make out he is. With porto he won the champs league but he had the rub of the green against man utd. He won the league with chelsea, and the reason being, with no doubt in my mind at all, that he had the resources (money) to challenge. When injuries kicked in he went out and spent millions to replace those who were injured. The minute abramovich put a cap on his spending he struggled and was eventually booted out. No, for me he is not the man for us.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:29 pm

I dont think it would be a case of forgetting the past, it would be a case of living with what he said the day before.

Now I know this would be the past but ya know what I mean ! It would be the past in the future were it to happen but not as long in the past as now but then should it happen....hang on im confusing myself here...
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:30 pm

I take it that Rafa didn't have any luck when when we won the CL Karhaz? :D

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:32 pm

s@int wrote:I take it that Rafa didn't have any luck when when we won the CL Karhaz? :D

Nope, aside from the final itself, and a tough one against chelsea in the semis, the team looked convincing. Group stages dont count !  :eyebrow
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:32 pm

double post - my internets knackered
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby JBG » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:33 pm

I agree with Saint. While Mourinho is unpalatable he is certainly the most qualified person for the job were Rafa ever to leave.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:37 pm

JBG wrote:I agree with Saint. While Mourinho is unpalatable he is certainly the most qualified person for the job were Rafa ever to leave.

I dont know, Rijkaard could do a job I reckon.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:37 pm

I think we are all missing the point here!
Rafael Benitez is at present and continues to be the manager of Liverpool Football Club! :D

And as far as im concerned,long may that continue.
At no point whatsoever has he indicated in any way that he will leave soon or has any desire to in the near future.

A greasy bast.ard who was out thought by our current manager on 2 occasions in the semi finals of the biggest and best competition in world football,has chosen a few days before the 3rd such occasion has tried to link himself with his superiors job!
Any alarm bells yet? Ding fuc.king dong?

Do i need to spell it out??

Meanwhile so called " LFC fans " are having a cyber wa.nkfest over the very man who is trying to disrupt our progress and pave a rocky road towards number 6??

I suggest some people have a look at themselves!

"IF Rafa goes we want Jose,hes the best man for the job"!Disgusting!
Yeah hes great,hes slinging :censored: in your faces and you are eating it...Wake up,open your eyes ffs!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:40 pm

Number 9 wrote:I think we are all missing the point here!
Rafael Benitez is at present and continues to be the manager of Liverpool Football Club! :D

And as far as im concerned,long may that continue.
At no point whatsoever has he indicated in any way that he will leave soon or has any desire to in the near future.

A greasy bast.ard who was out thought by our current manager on 2 occasions in the semi finals of the biggest and best competition in world football,has chosen a few days before the 3rd such occasion has tried to link himself with his superiors job!
Any alarm bells yet? Ding fuc.king dong?

Do i need to spell it out??

Meanwhile so called " LFC fans " are having a cyber wa.nkfest over the very man who is trying to disrupt our progress and pave a rocky road towards number 6??

I suggest some people have a look at themselves!

"IF Rafa goes we want Jose,hes the best man for the job"!Disgusting!
Yeah hes great,hes slinging :censored: in your faces and you are eating it...Wake up,open your eyes ffs!

I started off with the same attitude but adapted to the "who would replace rafa?" attitude, as an alternative mind. Many are looking at maureen as the only option. He isnt.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:44 pm

NANNY RED wrote:They are aware that Liverpool fans would react with horror if they believed Mourinho was a possible replacement for Benitez, who has been shown that he has fans’ full support to continue in the job.

Anfield supporters have not forgiven Mourinho for much of the rhetoric and confrontational attitude towards the club taken over the years by the Portuguese coach, particularly involving the Champions League clashes between Liverpool and Chelsea.

Except Manhattann proooject !

.. Mourinhio's got to much time on his hands - spiteful little man..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill