Mourinho asked to be manager by dic - According to the mail anyway

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:31 pm

I was reading on the BBC website that Mourinho has been approached by DIC to be the new manager if they finally manage to take over the club. While I don't believe its true (DIC have also said that Rafa's job is safe)I just wondered how people would feel about this.

Would you rather have Hicks(c*nt) and Rafa, or go with DIC AND Mourinho?

I would go with DIC and Mourinho if it came to the crunch. DIC have the money to take the club forward while Mourinho has proven that given money he can be very successful.

Hicks is just going to drag the club down and even with Rafa as his running mate, I don't see long term success unless we get the new stadium built before Rafa has to start drawing his pension.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:35 pm

Rafa stays no matter who is charge at the top. Was there any quotes with this Saint or do you reckon its all just made up?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:40 pm

The thing that gets me is that I'm livid with Hicks to a large extent because his conduct with the media has been so un-LFC.

Even if the ownership changes for the better, bringing in Mourinho just means that we have a manager that's incapable of upholding the Liverpool way. I'd be embarrassed to have him, and it'd be a dark, dark day for the club if we put personality before ability. Mourinho has his qualities as a manager, but at the end of the day any owners airlifting him in are doing so because he's a marketable figure and he generates consistent heat in the press.

The Mail can f*ck off anyway. It's an absolute joke of a rag.
ivor_the_injun

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:51 pm

DIC + Jose + New Stadium would be too good a prospect to turn down.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:54 pm

I don't know if there are any quotes Dundalk as my internet is fkd and it takes about 2 or 3 mins to load a page at the moment (Mail on line just won't load) I got it from the BBC website :-
Jose Mourinho says he has been offered the manager's job at Liverpool by the Dubai International Capital group who want to buy the club. (Mail on Sunday)

BBC - ABOUT HALF WAY DOWN

Its probably the usual b0llocks before a big game, but I was just wondering which pairing would people choose if it was true.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:19 pm

definitely jose and dic. the only reason why jose is a :censored: in the eyes of some is because he was manager of our rivals. if he was with us i assure you guys will be singing a different tune. besides, his relationship with the media and players has always been great.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:35 pm

"The Liverpool Way" is to win trophies, particularly the league.

If Jose can do that, then it'll be fine.

Then again, we are not a million miles away from a serious challenge for the Prem with Rafa.

And he's done all that despite the boardroom struggles and distractions.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:43 pm

You know my take...

The only person better than rafa IMO is mourinho..and if he becomes our manager....then its all good (esp if DIC also takes over)......So if i bonk megan fox, mourinho becomes our manager and DIC takes over....its christmas for me... :D

If no mourinho...then i rather rafa stayed.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:46 pm

BTW.....i am interested to know what all the Hicks bashers think about this...

If Hicks still remain as owner...then rafa stays....

If DIC takes over, mourinho takes over....

So which option do they want ?

If i am not wrong,  most of the anti-hicks brigade are in the "Rose-tinted clan"......  :glare:
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:47 pm

I think its another PR by Hicks and his cronies Saint
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:51 pm

The_Rock wrote:If i am not wrong,  most of the anti-hicks brigade are in the "Rose-tinted clan"......  :glare:

Well, since the vast majority of Newkit are in the "anti-Hicks brigade," as you so blithely call it, I guess that means we're all "rose-tinters" now, hmmm? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:55 pm

The_Rock wrote:BTW.....i am interested to know what all the Hicks bashers think about this...

If i am not wrong,  most of the anti-hicks brigade are in the "Rose-tinted clan"......  :glare:

Looks like your outa luck then Rock

DIC quash Mourinho rumours

27/04/2008 - 12:50:34 PM

Liverpool fans’ groups have been assured that Jose Mourinho has not been offered Rafael Benitez’s job as boss at Anfield.

In a situation similar to the one admitted by co-owners Tom Hicks that they did meet Jurgen Klinsmann last year to discuss a possible appointment at Anfield, it has now been claimed that Dubai International Capital have held conversations with former Chelsea boss Mourinho.

But sources at DIC today have denied that they have ever “offered the job to Mourinho, or met him to discuss it.”

And DIC’s representatives, who have good relations with a number of Liverpool fans’ groups including the recently formed 'Spirit of Shankly' organisation, have gone to the point today of contacting them to deny speculation over Mourinho.

They are aware that Liverpool fans would react with horror if they believed Mourinho was a possible replacement for Benitez, who has been shown that he has fans’ full support to continue in the job.

Anfield supporters have not forgiven Mourinho for much of the rhetoric and confrontational attitude towards the club taken over the years by the Portuguese coach, particularly involving the Champions League clashes between Liverpool and Chelsea.
AdTech Ad

So it is being greeted with suspicion that more speculation over Mourinho and Liverpool has surfaced just days before the clubs meet again at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday in the Champions League semi-final second leg.

DIC are acutely aware that if they do eventually take over at Anfield, Benitez has complete backing from the club’s fans and any move to dislodge him would be a massive PR blunder.

It is believed DIC have actually been contacted twice by intermediaries for Mourinho suggesting a meeting, but the offer has not been taken up because they are happy with the job Benitez is doing and they are very aware of the reaction from the Kop fans.

Benitez is also believed to be aware of DIC’s stance as he bids to take Liverpool to their third European Cup final in four seasons. 

http://www.eecho.ie/news/story/?trs=mhojsnojeycw

Quick  reply to the rumour from Dic
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
The_Rock wrote:If i am not wrong,  most of the anti-hicks brigade are in the "Rose-tinted clan"......  :glare:

Well, since the vast majority of Newkit are in the "anti-Hicks brigade," as you so blithely call it, I guess that means we're all "rose-tinters" now, hmmm? ???

You sure about that ? Or do you talk for everyone here..... :O

I would prefer if hicks went too (especially if this DIC story is true).....but that doesn't mean i am anti-hicks....

I would prefer if Kuyt didn't play as a RF..... I would prefer if we had david silva on our left than babel..... I would prefer if we had philip lamm as our RB.....I would prefer a lot of changes to our team.....that doesn't mean i am anti-Kuyt, Babel or finnan/arbeloa.

No need to make sweeping statements.....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
The_Rock wrote:BTW.....i am interested to know what all the Hicks bashers think about this...

Looks like your outa luck then Rock

DIC quash Mourinho rumours

27/04/2008 - 12:50:34 PM

Liverpool fans’ groups have been assured that Jose Mourinho has not been offered Rafael Benitez’s job as boss at Anfield.

In a situation similar to the one admitted by co-owners Tom Hicks that they did meet Jurgen Klinsmann last year to discuss a possible appointment at Anfield, it has now been claimed that Dubai International Capital have held conversations with former Chelsea boss Mourinho.

But sources at DIC today have denied that they have ever “offered the job to Mourinho, or met him to discuss it.”

And DIC’s representatives, who have good relations with a number of Liverpool fans’ groups including the recently formed 'Spirit of Shankly' organisation, have gone to the point today of contacting them to deny speculation over Mourinho.

They are aware that Liverpool fans would react with horror if they believed Mourinho was a possible replacement for Benitez, who has been shown that he has fans’ full support to continue in the job.

Anfield supporters have not forgiven Mourinho for much of the rhetoric and confrontational attitude towards the club taken over the years by the Portuguese coach, particularly involving the Champions League clashes between Liverpool and Chelsea.
AdTech Ad

So it is being greeted with suspicion that more speculation over Mourinho and Liverpool has surfaced just days before the clubs meet again at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday in the Champions League semi-final second leg.

DIC are acutely aware that if they do eventually take over at Anfield, Benitez has complete backing from the club’s fans and any move to dislodge him would be a massive PR blunder.

It is believed DIC have actually been contacted twice by intermediaries for Mourinho suggesting a meeting, but the offer has not been taken up because they are happy with the job Benitez is doing and they are very aware of the reaction from the Kop fans.

Benitez is also believed to be aware of DIC’s stance as he bids to take Liverpool to their third European Cup final in four seasons. 

http://www.eecho.ie/news/story/?trs=mhojsnojeycw

Quick  reply to the rumour from Dic

There goes my xmas.....  :D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:05 pm

Southern media in pre big game bollox shocker!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill