Liverpool in vieira race

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby joko » Wed May 03, 2006 6:04 pm

Liverpool - Reds joined in French superstar race
02 May 2006 10:18

clubcall

Manchester United could rival Liverpool in the chase to sign Juventus midfielder Patrick Vieira - according to reports in Italy.

Claims emanating from Europe suggest that the Italian club could be willing to sell the 29-year-old French international in the summer.

Liverpool were previously linked with the former Arsenal star, who reportedly could favour a move back to the Premiership with Manchester United now interested.

Sir Alex Ferguson has previously tried to sign the player in the past, who could be available for less than the £13.75million Juve paid Arsenal in the summer for his services
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed May 03, 2006 6:07 pm

Don't need him - we have the new Vieira already
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:14 pm

Post the link Joko.  Or admit you've just made this up.
jonnymac1979

Postby joko » Wed May 03, 2006 6:26 pm

ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:49 pm

Don't mean to be rude joko, but it's hardly the best source is it?  Anyone could have made that up, there's not even a quote or anything.  Plus, I can't ONCE recall us EVER being linked with Vieira.

I've never heard of that website and that's not to say I think it's b*ll*c*ks because of that reason, but I actually do think the story is b*ll*c*ks.  I don't think we'd even be sniffing around him, not with Alonso, Gerrard and Sissoko.  We don't actually need another central midfielder.

I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

If The Rumour Mill is going to be the dominant forum on this mesage board this summer, I might draw up a list of reputable sites which people can cut and paste articles from to discuss, and sites which print s*i*e which are not to be cut and pasted from.

RAWK do something similar and it works on there.  Is anyone up for this?  It just means we are all reading stuff from reputed journalists instead of two-bit gossip sites like this.

If I get no replies due to the nature of this thread I will start a poll myself later on it.
jonnymac1979

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 03, 2006 6:53 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Don't mean to be rude joko, but it's hardly the best source is it?  Anyone could have made that up, there's not even a quote or anything.  Plus, I can't ONCE recall us EVER being linked with Vieira.

I've never heard of that website and that's not to say I think it's b*ll*c*ks because of that reason, but I actually do think the story is b*ll*c*ks.  I don't think we'd even be sniffing around him, not with Alonso, Gerrard and Sissoko.  We don't actually need another central midfielder.

If The Rumour Mill is going to be the dominant forum on this mesage board this summer, I might draw up a list of reputable sites which people can cut and paste articles from to discuss, and sites which print s*i*e which are not to be cut and pasted from.

RAWK do something similar and it works on there.  Is anyone up for this?  It just means we are all reading stuff from reputed journalists instead of two-bit gossip sites like this.

If I get no replies due to the nature of this thread I will start a poll myself later on it.

Sound idea, J-Mac...I'd be in favour...

BTW, if I wasn't sure that Joko was Roberts in one of his guises, I might think he's an alter-ego of Welsh Wizzard's given this thread!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 72-1146193975 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:59 pm

BTW, if I wasn't sure that Joko was Roberts in one of his guises, I might think he's an alter-ego of Welsh Wizzard's given this thread! :D

he's just a kid for fecksake
72-1146193975

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 03, 2006 7:17 pm

Hotsauce wrote:
BTW, if I wasn't sure that Joko was Roberts in one of his guises, I might think he's an alter-ego of Welsh Wizzard's given this thread! :D

Like hell he is!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:25 pm

I did here this rumour the other day from one of me mates (in one of the sunday rags apparently) but I said then it was bulls*i*e and i stick by that. Unless we sell on one of Gerrard, Alonso or Momo we've got no need for him and undoubtedly Rafa's spending money will be spent much better elsewhere.

That seems like a sound idea J-Mac 'cos if people are allowed to link to any old article this place is gonna be swamped by every piece of footballing shite on t'internet. Clubcall is one of those sites that advertises the phone line's on teletext for about £1.50p/min and i bet they get their facts from the same place as The SCUM - cloud cuckoo land.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Wed May 03, 2006 9:52 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Don't mean to be rude joko, but it's hardly the best source is it?  Anyone could have made that up, there's not even a quote or anything.  Plus, I can't ONCE recall us EVER being linked with Vieira.

Great idea.
columbia

Postby GLB1 » Wed May 03, 2006 11:15 pm

Hotsauce wrote:

Bit protective of lil Joko hey. Strange how you both joined at the same time and always seem to both be on the forum at the same time discussing the same topics. hmmm alter ego?? Close friend ??

J-Mac: Very good idea...  Come the transfer window I can see Joko  start posting links from football-rumours.com   what a joke that website is !!!!
GLB1

Postby TheoRacle » Thu May 04, 2006 4:04 am

JonnyM:- a list of 'respected' sources is the only way to go IMO. We'll still get people ignoring it tho' :D
Last edited by TheoRacle on Thu May 04, 2006 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu May 04, 2006 4:18 am

We don't need Viera, Sisoko, Alonso and Gerrard are our main midfielders and he won't come to Anfield to sit on the bench.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu May 04, 2006 6:30 am

We dont really need 5 central midfielders.

It'll just upset Rafa's "system".

Viera would want to start every match anyway leaving less appearances for Sissoko, Hamann and Alonso. Not to mention his price too.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Thu May 04, 2006 7:31 am

sensible one there john
noted that
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill