Giuly to liverpool?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Sabre » Tue May 02, 2006 10:53 am

Too good? as in he'd expect bigger team? I don't think so!

F.C. Barcelona has some decent forums, some of them are full of bandwagon supporters and politic idiots, but one of them is full of good football supporters, and knowledgeable guys (it's some sort of Barcelona's newkit). I lurk around there sometimes and Giuly is regarded as much more than  a squad player, instead, they've wondered always why he wasn't given more chances. I must say I didn't know him well at the start of this season, but the guy convinced me.

The guy, is shouting in order some big club knocks at his door. He only admits the official bid from Galatasaray but adds that right now he thinks only in Liverpool. In my football book that press quotes must be read like "Oh I have some offers, but I'm waiting for the good one".
He has probably said he had no contact with Benitez, because the Barcelona surrounding press has already mentioned the link to Liverpool, and in those cases, the usual thing is to say there's nothing official.

I do think he's a good signing. Definitely better than Victor, if you ask me. I hope Rafa goes for him!
Last edited by Sabre on Tue May 02, 2006 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue May 02, 2006 3:40 pm

maybe cisse (seeing as though he is visiting eto'o) will swap with giuly  ???  maybe he's just gone for a break... who knows.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby farmer_gerrard » Tue May 02, 2006 8:22 pm

writing back to the very first post: dont we want to be the best? so if he doesent haave a place in barcelona what why would we want to sign him
farmer_gerrard

Postby Sabre » Tue May 02, 2006 9:22 pm

Luis Garcia hadn't a place in Barcelona neither, and I think he's done pretty good work for us. Riquelme didn't perform well in Barcelona neither, and well, he's a great player although he failed a penalty in the Champions league.

Not to mention Owen, who had no place in the galacticos, and he would have become very handy this season. No, I don't think your point is a valid one. Even Ronaldinho wasn't the same in PSG and in Barcelona. And Kronkamp hadn't a single minute at Villareal, and he turned out to be better than Josemi.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GLB1 » Wed May 03, 2006 4:29 am

farmer_gerrard wrote:writing back to the very first post: dont we want to be the best? so if he doesent haave a place in barcelona what why would we want to sign him

M.U.P.P.E.T

Defoe doesnt have a place in Spurs.. Should we not sign him??

SWP - doesnt have a place in Chelsea   Should we not sign him ???

A team can only fit 11 players on the field... And when one of them is Lionel Messi and he plays in your position..... You do the math !!!
GLB1

Postby GLB1 » Wed May 03, 2006 4:32 am

Anddd

I think Real Madrid and Chelsea (In Europe) have proven that even if you have the best 11 players in the world at each position.....  Wont automatically make you the best !!
GLB1

Postby darwisigila » Wed May 03, 2006 7:02 am

[quote]

UserGrant115
LFC newBie

Posted: May 01 2006,13:57 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow!
That would be GREAT! but i dont see him coming to liverpool sorry guys i think he is too good for that.

Good try....keep posting
darwisigila

Postby TheoRacle » Wed May 03, 2006 7:39 am

darwisigila wrote:

UserGrant115
LFC newBie

Posted: May 01 2006,13:57 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow!
That would be GREAT! but i dont see him coming to liverpool sorry guys i think he is too good for that.

Good try....keep posting

Wind up merchant - bored come the end of the season.  Prepare for a few more over the summer.....
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sun May 07, 2006 10:00 pm

Barca have offered Giuly a one year extension.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby 73-1141222089 » Fri May 12, 2006 3:57 pm

If he's available for not "stupid money"..... then we should sign him..... He may not have a place in barcelona but that's only due to Messi's presence...

Definitely worth a long, hard look this one.......
Last edited by 73-1141222089 on Fri May 12, 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
73-1141222089

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill