Liverpool win race for milner

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:23 pm

Many are saying Milner is an improvement on Pennant, which is arguable but given the fact he is much younger and the fact that his attitude doesn't stink/is a c..., I'd broadly agree with. Is he better than Kuyt at right midfield though? Well he is an actual right midfielder for a start, but he doesn't work anywhere near as hard as Dirk (even I don't do that but don't tell the missus), and probably wouldn't offer more goal threat from right mid than Kuyt either.

Could it just be, (oh God, please no..........Rafa, please mate, I'll never mention the styling ever again, I promise, I'll trust you with the best of them), could it just be that Rafa is about to embark upon Dirk going back up top, with Barry on the left, Gerrard and Masherano in the centre and Milner on the right? Oh my God, I've been to the top of the mountain, I've looked over the other side and I've seen the promised land..... oh surely not  :(  ???  :veryangry  :wwww
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:35 pm

We need to stop getting players who wouldnt get anywhere near our rivals team.  James Milner is not the answer!!!
puroresu

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:49 pm

puroresu wrote: James Milner is not the answer!!!

Depends what the question is really mate  :D Anyways, I've been on the old Rum and coke tonight which is not my usual tipple, so best I feck off before I make an even bigger fool of meself than normal. Hopefully it'll all be clearer on the transfer front by the morning.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:52 pm

from a geordie fan on RAWK:
Obviously you know Pennant better than we do (I am a Newcastle fan) watching him week in, week out, but we know Milner better than you do, and the general concensus amongst Newcastle fans right now is that if this deal happens, we have ripped you off big time.

Milner is better on the left than on the right. He admits it himself.

He can't beat his man
He can't cross from the byline
He has no pace
His passing is dreadful (known to have as low as a 40% pass completion rate)
He can't take set pieces.

The three things he can do though is move well off the ball from the left wing, hit a good inswinging cross from the left (providing his teammates are 20 yards ahead of him in the box) and he has an ok shot from distance (although you have players who do that better anyway).

I'm sorry, but I'm one of the few on here who doesnt think he's any improvement on pennant. from the looks of it, half on RAWK are saying that too.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:57 pm

Redman in wales wrote:from a geordie fan on RAWK:
Obviously you know Pennant better than we do (I am a Newcastle fan) watching him week in, week out, but we know Milner better than you do, and the general concensus amongst Newcastle fans right now is that if this deal happens, we have ripped you off big time.

Milner is better on the left than on the right. He admits it himself.

He can't beat his man
He can't cross from the byline
He has no pace
His passing is dreadful (known to have as low as a 40% pass completion rate)
He can't take set pieces.

The three things he can do though is move well off the ball from the left wing, hit a good inswinging cross from the left (providing his teammates are 20 yards ahead of him in the box) and he has an ok shot from distance (although you have players who do that better anyway).

I'm sorry, but I'm one of the few on here who doesnt think he's any improvement on pennant. from the looks of it, half on RAWK are saying that too.

the toon fans do rate him up here in the north east. couldn't understand how a water carrier like geremi was keeping him out of the team. the same with n'zogbia who couldn't get a game.

he's yet another striker who's been converted into a winger though. we've already got enough of those imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:00 pm

He looks like he needs a good wash and he's got a tatty head.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:He looks like he needs a good wash and he's got a tatty head.

:D

Definately do not sign him then.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

He does look like he needs a good wash though, he reminds me of them scruffs you had at school with tidemarks and a crusty green snots :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:44 pm

I think it is a good thing to have the core of the team to be English (or British). 

Look at Man United.. Even Chelsea..

I think English players want the Premiership more.. I think forign players have their merits but I still think home grown talent handle the more physical side of our game and are more up for the games played in freezing cold, wet windy conditions.  and that can make a difference to your points tally at the end of the season..
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:46 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

He does look like he needs a good wash though, he reminds me of them scruffs you had at school with tidemarks and a crusty green snots :D

were not talking about your date last night are we ciggs  :D
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
I think we are being raped in the transfer market this year

Yep it appears that way S@int, it always seems that way come to think of it. Why is that ?

because we have a excellent staff member rick parry , who takes his time to sign players and buy that time they are playing for our rivals or their price is so inflated that its even more expensive that gas
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:56 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

were not talking about your date last night are we ciggs  :D

Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:04 pm

IF its true and Villa are also chasing him its time for a master Raffa tactic, tell Villa we will pull out of the running for Milner if they drop their price tag for Barry. We get Barry they get yet another "promising English player" ( we know the press love that O'Neil spin about his English young guns ) and we save some money, everyones a winner :;):
destro

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:15 pm

Seeing the club linked with Milner (although Riera even looks poo on the youtube vids) pretty much sums up where we are just now in terms of finances and all the boll.ox at board level. You can throw Milner in with the likes of Pennant, Bellamy and Bennayoun. He's a useful player who has his good days but far from the quality needed to push on and win the league. It's clear we need to improve in wide areas, any idiot can see it but we NEED players in the Quaresma/Ribery/Lahm/Alves bracket and that will not happen with the current owners + the managers insitence on always spending big on central players and bargain hunting for the wide positions.

The worse thing is you know the mancs will probably shell 20-30 mill on one player this summer. The Arsenal youngsters will be one year older and wiser and god knows how much Scholari will spend at Chelsea but i'd guess at 40-60 mill. It's hard to be optimistic about our chances next season.

I just wish he make a move for Arshavin who is three times the player Milner will ever be while costing about twice as much.
Last edited by Scottbot on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:22 am

Scottbot wrote:I just wish he make a move for Arshavin who is three times the player Milner will ever be while costing about twice as much.

Same here dude.  :nod
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill