Liverpool win race for milner

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Milner is f*cking sh*t.

Get off the fence Lando  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:30 pm

I think this is just a smokescreen ,w e seem to have "won" the race for him but there is no official word on it at all . If we are going to pay 7 for him , we might as well pay a little more for bentely , who is clearly a better player
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:38 pm

:D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:36 pm

Screw Milner, we should go back for Simao.  He'd probably be around 7-8 mill right now and still a quality player.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:42 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Screw Milner, we should go back for Simao.  He'd probably be around 7-8 mill right now and still a quality player.

Why do you reckon he's only worth 7-8 million?
JamCar05

Postby club_Levis » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:32 am

bigmick wrote:Winning the race for Milner doesn't make you particularly want to celebrate I must admit. It's a little bit like winning the race to open the fridge first when your in the house on your own. That said, he isn't a bad player and I've enough faith in the managers eye to think he can probably step up on what he's shown previously. I hope so anyway.

WHo else was involved in this race ?
club_Levis

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:01 pm

club_Levis wrote:
bigmick wrote:Winning the race for Milner doesn't make you particularly want to celebrate I must admit. It's a little bit like winning the race to open the fridge first when your in the house on your own. That said, he isn't a bad player and I've enough faith in the managers eye to think he can probably step up on what he's shown previously. I hope so anyway.

Accrington Stanley and Harrogate Railway Atheltic.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby bigmick » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:37 pm

club_Levis wrote:

It depends which race you mean whan you say "who else is involved in the race". If it's the race to open the fridge door when you're in the house on your own, then nobody else is involved in the race.

If on the other hand you're talking about the race to secure the signature of Milner, then actually come to think about it, nobody else is invloved in that race either, apart of course from ourselves.

Come to think of it, I'm going to have a quick look at the transfer rumour thread, followed by the "what you look like thread" and then a brief skeg to see if Owzat has any stats on how long Rafa's signings last, before having a race with myself to see who can get in bed first.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:59 pm

Ciggy wrote:No comment.

Liverpool win race to sign James Milner
By James Nursey  12/06/2008

Rafa Benitez is set to inflict more misery on Aston Villa by beating them to Newcastle star James Milner, as Liverpool also close in on Gareth Barry.

Boss Benitez and Anfield chief executive Rick Parry have made contact with the Magpies to offer Jermaine Pennant in part-exchange for Milner.And the clubs are now haggling over how much cash Liverpool must also pay for £7million-rated Milner, who penned a new four-year contract last July.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley wants to raise funds for new players and trim the the club's wage bill while ambitious Milner is keen for European football to boost his England ambitions.

The winger's likely move to Merseyside is another huge blow for Villa manager Martin O'Neill, who tried to sign Milner in August 2006 and wants him this summer.

O'Neill has already been fighting a losing and increasingly tense battle to keep Villa's inspirational captain Barry out of the Reds' clutches.

But Villa are resigned to the versatile 27-year-old midfielder quitting after he told O'Neill this month he wanted to move to Anfield.

Parry is putting the finishing touches to a third cash bid of £15m, with £3m in add-ons, for Barry which Liverpool hope will finally ensure they get permission to speak to the ace.

Villa are holding out for £20m but Barry, who has 20 England caps, is on standby to open talks with the Anfield giants after returning from holiday and a compromise is set to be thrashed out.

Liverpool are also hopeful of securing the arrival of Newcastle's 22-year-old former Leeds trainee Milner using fellow winger Pennant as bait.

Pennant, 25, is surplus to requirements after failing to make a sustained impact since a £6.7m move from Birmingham in July 2006 and was originally offered to Villa in the Reds' first £10m bid for Barry.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport....0604040

So when Gerrard states quite clearly the owners need to buy big this season, I conclude they have both got their ear muffs on, or are doing an outstanding version of Helen Keller .
Last edited by redbeergoggles on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby desmdlow » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:54 am

Milner is not too bad a player and he will be hungry for success. However he is not the type of player i hope we will be signing tbh.. Can't we just consolidate all our available funds and buy ourself another class player like Torres??
desmdlow

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:59 am

FWIW, I think Milner is muck...useless...brings nothing to the club other than thuggery...and he's not particularly talented either....
Have I expressed my sentiments adequately ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby mkingdom » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Rafa only wants to buy him to pi$$ O'Neill off.

He probably thinks, if you are being an :censored: over Barry we'll buy one of your targets and put him in our reserves for three years.

Personally, I reckon us buying Villa and Silva would upset o'Neill (and most of the prem) a little more.   :eyebrow
mkingdom

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill