Kuyt

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu May 25, 2006 3:49 am

David Raven - To Tranmere for 500,000 K

Huh?? This boy is good RB, do we have to sell him ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu May 25, 2006 3:50 am

He's one excellent cast off. Spurs don't want him because he doesn't seem to fit into Jol's plan and Jol's system.

I agree ... its just like Cisse ... He's a good player but doesn't fit in RAFA's plan.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu May 25, 2006 4:00 am

From what I learned that EPL that if you want to have a good striker, your striker must run like speed demon like Owen, Cisse, Defoe, TH and WR because most of EPL defenders they dont run fast but they are more Physical Strength like Terry, Sol Camp and Rio.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby blur » Thu May 25, 2006 4:03 am

i say we swallow our pride, bite the bullet and go for old Horseface... i reckon he'll be a perfect fit into our current system of play - proven poacher's instinct in the Prem.
blur

Postby Morth » Thu May 25, 2006 4:05 am

Also, let's remember that Kuyt has showed some good moral fiber too.  He chose to stay in Feyenoord for one more season because he could have the captaincy.  He's shown some good leadership skills by the old "Leading by example" model.  He works hard, defensivly as well as going forward, he's not afraid to use his elbows if it's needed to get to the ball first, and he's got a real explosive force when he rushes forward. 

I think a burly striker with good work ethics and a professional attitude is exactly what a possessive team like Liverpool FC currently is needs.  A Morientes with some upper body strength.  Plus his touch isn't as bad as some would have it.  He doesn't just blast the ball, he's usually places it to the side where the keeper is resting his weight.  I studied his compilation (Yes, yes, I know, I know, but finishing is one skill you can somewhat pick out from those things)

He looks a sound investment.
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu May 25, 2006 4:42 am

i say we swallow our pride, bite the bullet and go for old Horseface... i reckon he'll be a perfect fit into our current system of play - proven poacher's instinct in the Prem.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!Image
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu May 25, 2006 4:55 am

Also, let's remember that Kuyt has showed some good moral fiber too.  He chose to stay in Feyenoord for one more season because he could have the captaincy.  He's shown some good leadership skills by the old "Leading by example" model.  He works hard, defensivly as well as going forward, he's not afraid to use his elbows if it's needed to get to the ball first, and he's got a real explosive force when he rushes forward. 

I think a burly striker with good work ethics and a professional attitude is exactly what a possessive team like Liverpool FC currently is needs.  A Morientes with some upper body strength.  Plus his touch isn't as bad as some would have it.  He doesn't just blast the ball, he's usually places it to the side where the keeper is resting his weight.  I studied his compilation (Yes, yes, I know, I know, but finishing is one skill you can somewhat pick out from those things)

I dont know how good he is but there's ppl here said that he's good ( that's fine with me ) but we have to remember that EPL is different from Holland League. Too be safe I would rather buy players that have played in EPL because they know what is EPL all about ....

Let's look at these strikers in Liverpool next season ....Image
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu May 25, 2006 4:59 am

Next season ... ( I hope ) we have Cisse (Speed Demon), Defoe (Speed Demon) , PC ( Targer Man) and Folwer ( Intelligent ) as our striker. I think with these 4 players as Liverpool Strikers we can be Champion for EPL and maybe CL ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby DonnieDarko » Thu May 25, 2006 5:56 am

Some of you are delusional if you think Kewell is gone. It just wouldn't make sense. Anyway Kewell > Defoe.
DonnieDarko

Postby babu » Thu May 25, 2006 5:57 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

I dont know how good he is but there's ppl here said that he's good ( that's fine with me ) but we have to remember that EPL is different from Holland League. Too be safe I would rather buy players that have played in EPL because they know what is EPL all about ....

Let's look at these strikers in Liverpool next season ....Image

Then why do you want to sell Kewell? He's proven in the EPL.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Thu May 25, 2006 6:23 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Next season ... ( I hope ) we have Cisse (Speed Demon), Defoe (Speed Demon) , PC ( Targer Man) and Folwer ( Intelligent ) as our striker. I think with these 4 players as Liverpool Strikers we can be Champion for EPL and maybe CL ...

Speed demon... When have you seen Cisse cause problems to the likes of Terry, Campbell or Rio? Are you sure with Cisse you didn't mean donkey man?

Well, The thing about the Dutch is that their players are very good all-round footballers. They train their players to be able to play in various positions since they are young, making them very versatile. Kuyt is a very good player and IMO would be great in England. Plus liverpoolmadman, I dont know if you remember but your precious Cisse has only been in England for 2 years and he hasn't exactly been impressive.

Another plus point for Kuyt that I wanted to add to what Morth mentioned of him is that he not only has merit for staying in Feyenoord but also for his work ethic. At the same time he was linked with us last season, I remember reading that he always arrived early to training and was also last to leave. A player with that mentality and his ability IMO could be good in any league plus, he should really be up to the challenge.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Judge » Thu May 25, 2006 7:38 am

the valencia boy (on loan at monaco) looks good. Sky sports reported he is wanted by lfc, plus the kuyt fella (no secret there).

i expect rafa to buy all his players in one go - he knows his targets and will sort it in one fowl swoop :;):
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu May 25, 2006 8:06 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
He's one excellent cast off. Spurs don't want him because he doesn't seem to fit into Jol's plan and Jol's system.

I agree ... its just like Cisse ... He's a good player but doesn't fit in RAFA's plan.

Yeah and the small fact he's seem ove the past two years that he's forgotten how master the basic's of football.  :D
48-1119859832

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu May 25, 2006 11:36 am

Come on !! 1st season Cisse only played less than 5 games, after that he got injure. 5-6 months later he came back .... but he came back with more than 17 goals this season (remember he played less games and out of his position ).
LiverpoolMadman

Postby deejay-cgt » Thu May 25, 2006 3:47 pm

Next season ... ( I hope ) we have Cisse (Speed Demon), Defoe (Speed Demon) , PC ( Targer Man) and Folwer ( Intelligent ) as our striker

100% love to see that but i have defoe for his finishing. cisse would be top 4 us if we played him in right pos he not a right mid (but doing alright job there) cisse if he could get his finishing up he be amazing

he does the job for france why not us?
CgT

deejay-cgt

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill