Simao sabrosa still a target? - I bleeding well hope not!

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Pakat » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:39 am

We won't sign Simao any way because they will want 12m for him and Benitez isn't going to pay that much money for him.
Pakat

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:39 pm

Pakat wrote:We won't sign Simao any way because they will want 12m for him and Benitez isn't going to pay that much money for him.

He ain't worth £12m that's why. Benfica (and Simao himself) seem to rate him as some kind of world super star!! That's just not the case!!!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby clik » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:37 pm

simao is a good player but i agree with hacksaw he just aint worth it, Pennant is as good a prospect and he would cost half the price, to be honest i wouldnt think Rafa would entertain the idea for more than 8m
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby Raiden Warr » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:22 pm

I think I would like to wait and see how Simao performs against England before deciding. I am not impressed by Kronkamp either I do not see him coming on and adding anything to the team. Perhaps we should scout in some exotic places like the barrios of Brazil and Argentina or Toxteth.
Of the Spanish players on show who are not at Liverpool and of course the delightful Fabregas I quite like Joaquin and his big shorts and Fernando Torres looks quite tasy too. :devil:
Raiden Warr

Postby metalhead » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:50 pm

Raiden Warr wrote:I am not impressed by Kronkamp either I do not see him coming on and adding anything to the team.

you mean kuyt?!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raiden Warr » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:05 pm

Kronkamp... Kuyt....do you see a pattern here any other Dutch players names starting with K who are overrated
Raiden Warr

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:15 am

Can't see us going for Simao if we have secured the sevices of Alves!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 007 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:32 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Can't see us going for Simao if we have secured the sevices of Alves!!

I got to agree with you...

Getting Simao after signing Alves will be pouring money into the drain...We definetely don't need this guy after securing Alves.

We still have a lot of players who can play right side:
Garcia, Gerrard, Krompkamp, Finnan, Alves

Even Kewell can play on the right side....

Don't forget we still have utility man Zenden coming back to us next season..
Liverpool for LIFE

Postby Raiden Warr » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:14 pm

If Kewell is playing on the left then he cannot play on the right can he. If Gerrard is playing in the middle he won't be available to play on the right. If Finan is playing RB he can't play RM. Kronkamp??!!! (just should not be allowed to play at all I have got a great idea send him to play for Everton) Simao (I thought he played on the left but I could be wrong I will check) err Zenden??? do you think he has the pace we need to play down the right?
Raiden Warr

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:29 pm

Raiden Warr wrote:Perhaps we should scout in some exotic places like the barrios of Brazil and Argentina or Toxteth.

i already think you are someones alter ego but just in case i am wrong let me make a suggestion to you.

if you want to be liked and respected on here its not wise to stereotype parts of the city that the club you claim to support belongs to.

from your comments i am assuming that you mean toxteth is a slum area on the same level as the Barrios. Also you will find that the name for the slum you use 'barrios' is used in venezuela, the term in brazil is 'favelas' and the term in argentina is 'villas miseria'.

now to make it clear to other posters what you are hinting at these areas are famed as settlements on the edges of modern cities with patchwork dwellings made of any material handy—plywood, corrugated metal, sheets of plastic, etc. where gangs of unemployed youths and men engage in criminal activity against both their innocent neighbours and society at large.

Toxteth is not perfect but to stereotype it in this way is wrong when there is a possibility of you never even having been there
112-1077774096

Postby Raiden Warr » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:06 pm

Actually I take exception to your post it is personal and assumes a lot. I would have appreciated if you asked me to clarify my remark about Toxteth.
1  I am not someone's alter ego and I have no idea where you got that from and you don't even know whether I have been to Toxteth or not.
2 There is no shame coming from a Barrio, a favela, council estate, nor for that matter a country house in High Wycombe.
3 Thirdly not all areas that have Barrios, Favela etc have people with criminal activity. unemployment yes. And the point I was making was people from those areas are likely to be more motivated to succeeded given the opportunity. Some of the worlds best players like Pele, Ronaldinho and Rooney have come from Barrios. As for stereotyping I have worked in UK and in Nigeria in Africa with young people in the stews of lagos as a single female and been quite unmolested, places where Toxteth would seem a paradise and not all of them are crime infested there was low unemployment yes.
Raiden Warr

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:19 pm

your reply is not really making clear what your point was.

is your point that people from poor areas are more likely to be motivated?  also at no point did i mention any shame, i pointed out that you are mentioning a part of the city in the same breath as south american slums and therefore are likening toxteth to those areas.

and now you are calling croxteth a barrios as thats where rooney comes from (not toxteth) and if you had done your homework you would also see that croxteth does have a decent area, in fact croxteth hall is i believe a stately home. the areas in liverpool that you mention, or rather area as you only mention toxteth and then relate to croxteth in a roundabout way via rooney are not perfect, far from it but we are very defensive of our city and i for one dont appreciate your insinuation that any part of the city is on a level with a south american slum.

and for your information you are not the only person to have travelled or worked abroad as i have now been in south east asia for over 4 years so i am not ignorant to poor areas overseas
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:24 pm

Raiden dont ruin this thread now with another reply, feel free to send me a pm unless you feel that you have to defend yourself in public
112-1077774096

Postby Raiden Warr » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:44 am

I am not going to bother replying to anymore posts from you Pee Wee  you are obviously have a chip on your shoulder about where you live.
Raiden Warr

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:39 am

ok karim,no problem.

dont worry i have already guessed who you are. also i dont have a chip, i am proud to be from liverpool and will defend it against anyone. i am also very happy about where i live now, bangkok.

but thanks for your concern anyway
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill