Simao sabrosa still a target? - I bleeding well hope not!

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby RedWolf35 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:50 pm

so you would sooner have Kuyt than Alves???

If Rafa wants him that desperately then he'll get him (hopefully the player will hold his nerve)

Given a choice I would sooner sign Alves any day of the week

I would be happy with both though    :D
RedWolf35

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:55 pm

Good post StMichael, I actually prefer Gerrard to play on right wing as Momo and Alonso reinforced as and when needed by Gerrard seem ideal , whether Gerrard would want another season there Im not sure. The loss(?) of Cisse means we have no adequate cover on the right so Alves would be perfect as he would also push Finnan to maintain his form whilst offering a speedy alternative when due to injuries etc Gerrard moves into the central role. As I am very unsure of Kuyt being the answer to our striker problems I would not be against waiting till Christmas to ensure we get the right man(we CANNOT afford another mistake )Maybe the Italian scandle will come to our rescue? :D
account deleted by request

Postby GOAT » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:56 pm

This alves deal better go through! Theres no one i would want on that right wing more, hope we dont end up scrapping this and we get something sorted. I want us to be able to unveil bellamy, alves, gonzalez soon.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:19 pm

john craig wrote:
metalhead wrote:John, I disagree for what your saying he has no pace, The guy has pace watch him more often with Benfica he outruns most defenders (even the fast ones).

:laugh:

Tell you what metalhead, the next time you see Simao knock the ball past a defender and then get to the ball before the defender, pm me and I'll hold my hands up.

Better still, if you ever see him cross a ball instead of checking inside to shoot, let me know.

Pretty sure you'll take a while to get back to me mate :laugh:

Simao is not a good winger - a tidy footballer, but not a winger, and certainly not suited to the rough and tumble of the premiership.

:D

I will do matey, I will try to find you some videos of Simao passing through defenders with his pace and making some good crosses.

But you are right its going to take me a while because i have a crappy internet connection so it would take me hours to check some videos out, so i will try my best  :D

Anyways back to the topic, There was this one low cross he did against holland which was pretty good, it was in the end of the first half, i forgot who he was passing it to.

If you can watch him a bit with Benfica in the Portoguese League he is much different.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:57 pm

metalhead wrote:I will try to find you some videos of Simao passing through defenders

He's a ghost now is he? :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:46 pm

john craig wrote:
metalhead wrote:I will try to find you some videos of Simao passing through defenders

He's a ghost now is he? :laugh:

:angry:

excuse my english sometimes (i'm not english, i'm lebanese)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:55 pm

Only messing metalhead
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:33 pm

He's made a few jinking runs into the box and supplied the ball for Maniche's goal against Mexico, I believe, but JC's right...he's not a wide player and seems far too much in the Luis Garcia mould to be useful to Liverpool.

On a different note, why is his shirt 5 times tighter than those of the other Portuguese players?  Maybe a baggy shirt makes him look even tinier?!? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sparky » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:34 pm

simao  = portugese leprechaun!!  :rasp
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:29 pm

john craig wrote: :laugh:

Only messing metalhead

i knew that  :D  :laugh:

and rofl@bad bob, maybe the tight shirt exposes his 6 packs he is trying to show us  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:50 pm

:bowdown simao is a replica of garcia
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:07 pm

clik wrote: :bowdown simao is a replica of garcia

I honestly don't think Simao would do a better job than Garcia, you say that as if Luis was a bad player  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:05 am

If we get Simao and Alves (which I really do doubt by the way given the monies involved) then we have two possible first choice wide men and two possible first choice right backs (adding Finnan and Kromkamp to the equation) which would mean only good news.

Strenghtening is the No 1 objective.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:09 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:If we get Simao and Alves (which I really do doubt by the way given the monies involved) then we have two possible first choice wide men and two possible first choice right backs (adding Finnan and Kromkamp to the equation) which would mean only good news.

Strenghtening is the No 1 objective.

i think in all the transfer rumours the only thing we can say for certain is that we will not get BOTH simao and Alves ....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:14 am

The price isn’t right, we are pursuing other targets, its no coincidence that the Benfica president last week stated that Simao will most likely leave this summer after reports of us signing Alves became stronger, their hoping we will go back in for him.

If we sign Alves then there is no way we will sign Simao, even if the Alves deal falls through we will look for other players because the price is unreasonable.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill