Simao sabrosa still a target? - I bleeding well hope not!

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:49 am

According to the LFC page on ITV teletext, we are still after Simao Sabrosa from Benfica, and he's likely to join now their President has given him permission to leave.

I for one will be massively deflated if we sign him now, having tracked Daniel Alves for such a long time.
Simao isn't good enough, IMHO, and apart from a poxy goal against us in the CL last season, he did sh*g all over the two games.

WHat do you chaps and chapette's think? Is it just me, or is he a stinking pile of dog poo, that will almost certainly fall on his ar*e in the English league?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:15 am

I havent managed to see Alves play yet so I cant compare them or comment on Alves. Simao looks just about worth his original valuation around £8million but no more.  When I have seen him play he has seemed more comfortable playing on the leftwing and cutting inside rather than playing as an out and out rightwinger. I would prefer as my first choice SWP but thats not going to happen. Maybe they are using Simao to lower the price for Alves?
account deleted by request

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:30 am

Well, I've read that we are thinking about pulling out of the Alves deal (check the Alves thread)...hopefully this is a scare tactic so Seville will drop their price.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:30 am

wee_boi888 wrote:Well, I've read that we are thinking about pulling out of the Alves deal (check the Alves thread)...hopefully this is a scare tactic so Seville will drop their price.

Great.

WTF don't these tin-pot clubs realise that Beni won't pay over the odds, so it's just better allround if they accept his offer and let the players go to the best club in the World?

Little f*cking Hitler's, is what they are.  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:46 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
wee_boi888 wrote:Well, I've read that we are thinking about pulling out of the Alves deal (check the Alves thread)...hopefully this is a scare tactic so Seville will drop their price.

Great.

WTF don't these tin-pot clubs realise that Beni won't pay over the odds, so it's just better allround if they accept his offer and let the players go to the best club in the World?

Little f*cking Hitler's, is what they are.  :no

lmao, good rant Lando, 'tin pot clubs'  :bowdown
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:54 am

Why is it only LFC have problems agreeing fee's for players? ????

Something to do with the negotiators???

Sorry but Rick Parry does not inspire confidence (lovely guy and I appreciate what he's done for the club).

We need some one a bit more street wise!!!

Lando you up for the job? ???

:nod
RedWolf35

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:14 am

Don't rate Simao at all and never have.  Rubbish against us in the CL apart from one good strike and he's been pathetic for Portugal this world cup.  No pace and for a winger I haven't seen him put one single cross into the box yet.  His style is similar to Garcia's for us, but I doubt he'd have anywhere near the same goal threat as our Spaniard.  Surely this reported rekindled interest is just to get Seville to drop the Alves price.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:27 am

Rafa has this under control folks. He is clearly playing the 2 off against each other. He knows Alves wants to come to Liverpool and is using this to speed the deal through. Simao looks too hot and cold for me and also a bit moody on the pitch!! Let's wait and see what the next few days brings!! I am confident Rafa knows what he is doing!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:32 am

RedWolf35 wrote:Why is it only LFC have problems agreeing fee's for players? ????

Something to do with the negotiators???

Sorry but Rick Parry does not inspire confidence (lovely guy and I appreciate what he's done for the club).

We need some one a bit more street wise!!!

Lando you up for the job? ???

:nod

A bit more streetwise or a bit more flash harry with the clubs/our money? ???

Players have a value that a club is willing to pay for them. Rafa and Parry will not be held to ransom on player they do not believe is worth it. We cannot do a Chelsea and throw an extra £3m-£4m in just to make sure we seal a deal.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:57 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:According to the LFC page on ITV teletext, we are still after Simao Sabrosa from Benfica, and he's likely to join now their President has given him permission to leave.

I for one will be massively deflated if we sign him now, having tracked Daniel Alves for such a long time.
Simao isn't good enough, IMHO, and apart from a poxy goal against us in the CL last season, he did sh*g all over the two games.

WHat do you chaps and chapette's think? Is it just me, or is he a stinking pile of dog poo, that will almost certainly fall on his ar*e in the English league?

:laugh:

Well i think he isn't a "stinking pile of dog poo", he is a decent squad player and he adds a bit of width on the wings, but for 10m thats expensive sure! 6m tops!

John, I disagree for what your saying he has no pace, The guy has pace watch him more often with Benfica he outruns most defenders (even the fast ones).
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:30 am

metalhead wrote:John, I disagree for what your saying he has no pace, The guy has pace watch him more often with Benfica he outruns most defenders (even the fast ones).

Tell you what metalhead, the next time you see Simao knock the ball past a defender and then get to the ball before the defender, pm me and I'll hold my hands up.

Better still, if you ever see him cross a ball instead of checking inside to shoot, let me know.

Pretty sure you'll take a while to get back to me mate :laugh:

Simao is not a good winger - a tidy footballer, but not a winger, and certainly not suited to the rough and tumble of the premiership.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:59 am

john craig wrote:
metalhead wrote:John, I disagree for what your saying he has no pace, The guy has pace watch him more often with Benfica he outruns most defenders (even the fast ones).

Tell you what metalhead, the next time you see Simao knock the ball past a defender and then get to the ball before the defender, pm me and I'll hold my hands up.

Better still, if you ever see him cross a ball instead of checking inside to shoot, let me know.

Pretty sure you'll take a while to get back to me mate :laugh:

he did both against holland. if you watch the highlights on bbc website - in the second clip he turns 2 defenders inside out before crossing the ball across the face of the goal.

- BUT i know what you are saying, and i for one dont want him at liverpool (well - under 7 mil I would but not more). There is better out there.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:13 pm

Redman in wales wrote:he did both against holland. if you watch the highlights on bbc website - in the second clip he turns 2 defenders inside out before crossing the ball across the face of the goal.

- BUT i know what you are saying, and i for one dont want him at liverpool (well - under 7 mil I would but not more). There is better out there.

Don't remember that myself mate but I'll take your word for it.  Turning defenders inside out though is not the same as him having pace.  He's got quick feet and good skill and ball control, but to me he looks more of an attacking centre mid or second striker.  I'll stand by what I said about him having no pace - he's quick enough over the first few yards, but over a distance he can't sprint - he's not going to race down the line for you all day and get crosses in.

As for his crossing, he rarely delivers good balls into the box, instead preferring to cut inside - mainly because he has a decent shot, but also because he usually doesn't have the pace to beat the full back on the outside and whip in a ball.  I've never seen a goal come from a Simao cross.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red H » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:15 pm

He's not a bad player, but I'd still rather we sign Alves.
Red H

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:39 pm

The whole point is that things have changed a lot from this time last summer.

Getting a top notch right winger is not as important as it was back then, as Stevie has been a revelation there this season, allowing Momo and Xabi to both play in the middle.

Alves offers so many options on the right hand side, which is why I think Rafa is desperate to get him. It may also depend on Kromkamp's situation, on whether or not he'll be here past August, but the talk of him leaving has gone quiet somewhat.

If Rafa's summer budget is limited, and doesn't have enough to get Alves and Kuyt, I'd rather sacrifice the RW option (getting a cheaper alternative like Pennant). Getting our strikeforce sorted is imperitive and has to be spot on if we want to challenge for the Premiership.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill