Benny - I hope it's lies

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Just seen this from the Daily Mail:

Yossi Benayoun has agreed terms to quit Liverpool for Dynamo Moscow, according to the Russian club's sporting director.

Dynamo are yet to agree a fee with the Barclays Premier League giants, but hope to settle on £7million before the end of the week.

Despite the 29-year-old being one of boss Rafa Benitez's most trusted players, details of talks between Benayoun's agent and Dynamo emerged last week.

Anfield boss Benitez would be reluctant to lose one of his most reliable performers, but with the Spaniard's own future in doubt, cash-strapped Liverpool may be keen to take the money and target other areas.

They are still looking for a striker to take the burden off injury-plagued Fernando Torres and recently sold Andriy Voronin to Dynamo for £1.2m.

The Merseysiders have already signed like-for-like player Maxi Rodriguez from Atletico Madrid, with the Argentina international able to play on the wing or through midfield.

Dynamo sporting director Konstantin Sarsania said: 'It is true that we have come to an agreement with the player's agent. In the next two days, Liverpool will make their own decision.

When we completed the signing of Andriy Voronin, consent was given by Benitez. Now the Liverpool coach is against losing Benayoun, but the decision is not his, it is for the club's directors.

'The transfer of Benayoun will happen if the price is acceptable. If they want more than we expect, the board of directors will discuss the issue.'

Israel captain Benayoun was offered a similar move to Spartak Moscow year ago, only to sign a new Anfield deal in the summer.

Dynamo are understood to be offering him a three-year contract, with the option of a fourth year, on terms of about £40,000 a week. The significantly lower tax rate in Russia means he would receive a similar amount as his current deal.

has anyone heard anything else regarding this story, it's probably :censored: but I just want to be sure. With the situation we're in, I don't wanna take any chances that's all
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:19 pm

I'd heard rumours about this (a mate of mine who isn't even a footie fan emailed me this morning, asking if I heard an interview with Benny). Can't find anything on the Beeb or elsewhere to substantiate it though....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:20 pm

I hope its a wind up.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Would be hilarious (well, not really) if we were to sell one of our only creative players. Really hope there's nothing to this story (can't really see why Benny would want to go there either tbh).
JamCar05

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:30 pm

JamCar05 wrote:Would be hilarious (well, not really) if we were to sell one of our only creative players. Really hope there's nothing to this story (can't really see why Benny would want to go there either tbh).

that was my initial thought, why would Benny go sttle in Moscow at pretty much the closing stages of his career
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Also it's not exactly as if he hasn't been played when fit this past year (ie it can't be for the lack of playing time).
JamCar05

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:31 pm

I give up
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Dundalk wrote:I give up

Stepping down as manager of LFC?  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Absolutely zilch about this in Tonight's Echo

HOWEVER .............

In Tomorrows papers though (apparently ) Mick McCarthy has stated he will only play his Goalkeeper against Spurs ,Quote "Anything else would be BARMY " ..... The F.A have (apparently ) stated that Manager Mick BARMY McCarthy is entitled to play just one player against Eleven..... unless that team be Liverpool  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dinger » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Greavesie wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:Would be hilarious (well, not really) if we were to sell one of our only creative players. Really hope there's nothing to this story (can't really see why Benny would want to go there either tbh).

that was my initial thought, why would Benny go sttle in Moscow at pretty much the closing stages of his career

Because there is money in the russian league. He's getting on, this could be his last chance at getting a decent signing on fee and a better chance of earning more money for longer playing at a lower level of football.

But I hope he stays, I was never his biggest fan but some of the performances he has put in this year have proved me wrong.
Dinger

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:55 pm

stopped reading at the words "daily mail"
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Load of :censored:.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:36 am

Can we give 'em Rafa instead ? :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby neil » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 am

stmichael wrote:stopped reading at the words "daily mail"

whats up? dont you copy'n'paste from the mail?  :grinning:
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill