Cicinho to liverpool - Reds linked to cicinho

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby nifan82 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:31 am

As the title says, wots the thoughts on this one guys?? (From Sky Sports), http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2648415,00.html

Liverpool have joined Roma in the hunt for Brazilian ace Cicinho, according to reports in Spain.

The Brazilian full-back appears to have been pushed down the pecking order at Real Madrid under new coach Bernd Schuster.

Michel Salgado and Sergio Ramos have been used on the right during most of Real's pre-season to date, and Cicinho realises he could be due for a season of bench-warming if he stays at The Bernabeu.

Roma battle

Roma first showed an interest last month but have yet to strike a deal for the 27-year-old.

However, Liverpool have now been alerted and it has been claimed that Rafa Benitez has made contact.

Benitez wants competition on his right side and after seemingly cooling his interest in Sevilla's Daniel Alves - Cicinho appears to be an attractive alternative.

Roma were believed to be looking into a possible loan, but it seems a The Reds could bid 10 million euros (£6.8million) - which the Eternal City side would not match.

One possible problem for Liverpool could be the fact that Cicinho is reported to have told Real that he would rather move to Italy than England.
Last edited by nifan82 on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
nifan82

Postby mungi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:34 am

not a bad player, will definitley push finnan although i think arbeloa is doing a adequate job at this. wouldnt mind seeing him in a red shirt
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:38 am

would be more than happy with this.  Would add a new dimension going forward.
puroresu

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:51 am

Be a good addition in my eyes, good attacking wing back and wud push finnan a bit!

Just have doubts as to whether or not he can cut the physical nature of the premiership!
ICE-MAN

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:45 am

Rafa wanted him before he went to Real.

It has to be said that Cicinho has looked utter gash in Spain.
2 or 3 years ago he looked like he was going to train on and be a quality attacking fullback in the Cafu mould, but he can't defend to save his life, he is injury prone and his attacking prowess/distribution leaves a lot to be desired aswell. Cicinho doesn't improve what we already have, and Real paid 7m+ for him, so they will want most of that back and for me he just isn't worth that money.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:58 am

stmichael wrote:Rafa wanted him before he went to Real.

It has to be said that Cicinho has looked utter gash in Spain.
2 or 3 years ago he looked like he was going to train on and be a quality attacking fullback in the Cafu mould, but he can't defend to save his life, he is injury prone and his attacking prowess/distribution leaves a lot to be desired aswell. Cicinho doesn't improve what we already have, and Real paid 7m+ for him, so they will want most of that back and for me he just isn't worth that money.

His 1st season wasnt great but I think players from South America need time to adapt to Europe.  Last season he suffered a really bad injury at the start so it was practically a write off.  When Schuster first took over he did say Cincinho was in his plans.
puroresu

Postby babu » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:23 pm

saw this earlier today. I think its BS, but hope i'm wrong

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:20 pm

Bollox. Don't want him anyway. He wasn't much cop when we played against him in the Super Cup.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:41 pm

Well the fact is that Cicinho wants to leave the club at all cost as he feels unsupported and unwanted there.

And since Liverpool and overall English Clubs have the money this days, all kind of rumours are going to be rised.

I rate the player quite much, to be honest, he's quality, IMHO.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:10 pm

Well said Sabre  :nod
Last edited by mistyred on Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:49 pm

I would not mind him coming here , but only if the price is right
Elchris

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:51 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Bollox. Don't want him anyway. He wasn't much cop when we played against him in the Super Cup.

I thought he was the only decent player in that game to be honest.
Not sure about him defensively but going forward he caused problems. Based on that one game i thought he would be a good signing.

Although i dont think for one minute he could play right back for us, if Rafa was interested i would bet it was to play him as a right midfielder in tougher games when he wants to be a bit more solid.
Like he has on the left with Aurellio and to an extent Riise.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:03 am

Ace Ventura wrote:Although i dont think for one minute he could play right back for us, if Rafa was interested i would bet it was to play him as a right midfielder in tougher games when he wants to be a bit more solid.

That's what i thought too.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:25 am

If he gets the Sabre seal of approval then sounds good to me :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:05 am

Paul C wrote:If he gets the Sabre seal of approval then sounds good to me :)

Gonzalez got that too.
66-1112520797

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill