Liverpool linked with carlton cole, van der vaart

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 am

Liverpool linked with Raid on West Ham's Cole.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW15295091111-0938.htm

Cole, who is 26 on Thursday, has scored six times in 11 Premier League games this season, including one against Liverpool in September when Rafa Benitez was impressed with his all round performance.

Van Der Vaart for £13m (because Real do not want to lose out on what they paid for him)
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW15294091111-0927.htm

Rafael van der Vaart has confirmed he will be leaving Real Madrid and has this week launched a ‘come and get me’ plea to big clubs in the top four leagues in Europe after rejecting old club Ajax.

DAZZLING BRAZILIAN IN?
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW15293091111-0922.htm

Liverpool are the latest club to be linked with the playmaker in the Brazilian press with claims that Rafa Benitez will step up his chase the talented South American by financing the move with the sale of fringe players Andrea Dossena and Ryan Babel.

Id have Carlton Cole a big target man and a bloody nuisance, I also think we should have taken a few of the dutch contingent from Real when we sold Alonso.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:16 am

If thats true ciggy thats great news 2 players that could really push us on(cole and Van I mean).I would have no bitching about Rafa if those was players he was gunning for.

Not seen any thing of the other one is that another could be player tho ?
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:19 am

Good stuff Ciggy.

Decent sources. Unlike some on here ^^^^
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:44 am

I'd take both in a heartbeat. Carlton Cole has come on leaps and bound in the last 18 months or so. It's laughable that Heskey gets in the England side ahead of him when they basically do the same job only one scores goals and the other doesn't.

VDV I wouold welcome because he's an excellent player but mainly because of his missus :oops:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:46 am

stmichael wrote:I'd take both in a heartbeat. Carlton Cole has come on leaps and bound in the last 18 months or so. It's laughable that Heskey gets in the England side ahead of him when they basically do the same job only one scores goals and the other doesn't.

VDV I wouold welcome because he's an excellent player but mainly because of his missus :oops:  :D

Is it ? now ?  :laugh:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:52 pm

stmichael wrote:I'd take both in a heartbeat. Carlton Cole has come on leaps and bound in the last 18 months or so. It's laughable that Heskey gets in the England side ahead of him when they basically do the same job only one scores goals and the other doesn't.

Also I would imagine with the pending world cup, Cole would like to play for a team that will create chances for him. His opportunities are limited at West Ham.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Shouldn't this be on the rumours section ?

Unless someone here can claim that these transfers are confirmed ? Where welsh wizard ?  :wwww
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 pm

I like Cole a lot and he's one we could/should have moved for in the off-season. He's big, strong, quick, can play with his back to goal and looks like a goal-scorer. Unfortunately if we try and buy him in January you can guarantee the hammers would/will demand a stupid amount of money though.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:12 pm

moved to rumour mill
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:30 pm

Van der Vaart is a very good footballer. If you want creativity, intelligence and goal threat from midfield, sign him up.

We could do with a target man. Cole is alright but would be too pricey I feel.

I've never heard of the Brazilian guy but he says Pirlo is probably the best midfielder in the world, which is interesting :)
LFC2007

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Hernanes (air nan ace) is having an off year, probably because SP is playing him further up the pitch than he had been in seasons prior which earned him a call up to the Olympic team.  We already have Lucas and Aquilani, he is kind of similar to them. A bit more "brazilian" than Lucas, but the league is not of a very high standard and Lucas was the player of the year a couple years ago and Hernanes was there then.
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:28 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Good stuff Ciggy.

Decent sources. Unlike some on here ^^^^

Decent sources? One is from The Mail and the other is from 'the web'. Probably another goal.com job. I'm surprised .tv even bothered to pick that one up.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:44 am

Ill find out if were interested in Cole , ill ask his team mate, an let yous know:)
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:58 pm

nice one nan :cool:
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:21 pm

West Ham have already said they want 20 mil for Cole ???
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill