Torres - Rent Boy - What now

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby laza » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:17 am

You have to laugh at irony after Andy grabbed us winner in FA semi final with Torres scoring last night
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:58 am

First off Torres' goal didn't actually count for anything because Chelsea would have gone thru on away goals.  Not that it wasn't important, it did put the game to rest, but without it they still would have gone one.

Secondly, he lost the ball to Iniesta on the play instead of clearing it, and gave it to them in an extremely dangerous position, then just kept lolling up the pitch because he went into sulk mode for not winning the ball.  He got very lucky that his mate cleared the ball up and he was there.

With that said, it was a well taken goal, he didn't choke, and looked a bit like the Torres of old with his positioning and cool.  Usually he rounds the goal keeper and shoots wide.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Hope they don't win it, despite that though just getting to a European Cup Final will probably vindicate his move to them,  :glare:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:42 pm

If Chelsea dont win a trophy this year ill consider him the most cursed player ever  :D 

Never won a trophy with Athletico, joined us to win trophies... Athletico crowned EL Champions.
Never won a trophy with Liverpool, joined Chelsea to win trophies, Liverpool crowned Carling Cup champions and in FA Cup final.

PS:  Valdes is an awful keeper, made it so easy for Torres by fumbling around on the ground when he should have stayed standing.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:48 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 pm wrote:PS:  Valdes is an awful keeper, made it so easy for Torres by fumbling around on the ground when he should have stayed standing.

oh come on... if he stayed standing it is easy for a striker to toe poke the ball pass him and into the net. It is always difficult for a keeper to anticipate one on one situations. If he stayed standing he is vulnerable at his sides like i mentioned. If he spread out and went to the ground, the striker can chip the ball over him. If he comes out, the striker can round him, if he didn't come out, he's not narrowing the angle for the striker. Reina is one of the best at one on one situations but even he can't defend all of them... the best goalkeeper at one on one situations to me is Peter Smeichel... but that has alot to do with his physical size...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

I thought Valdes was poor for the first, I just remember wondering why he was so far off his line, I haven't watched it back but I'm sure he could have just stayed nearer his line and he would have been ok. Can't blame him much for a one on one. Barca were throwing the kitchen sink at Chelsea and got caught out, simples. Torres is still a Judas c*nt tho
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:11 am

maguskwt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:48 pm wrote:
jacdaniel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 pm wrote:PS:  Valdes is an awful keeper, made it so easy for Torres by fumbling around on the ground when he should have stayed standing.

oh come on... if he stayed standing it is easy for a striker to toe poke the ball pass him and into the net. It is always difficult for a keeper to anticipate one on one situations. If he stayed standing he is vulnerable at his sides like i mentioned. If he spread out and went to the ground, the striker can chip the ball over him. If he comes out, the striker can round him, if he didn't come out, he's not narrowing the angle for the striker. Reina is one of the best at one on one situations but even he can't defend all of them... the best goalkeeper at one on one situations to me is Peter Smeichel... but that has alot to do with his physical size...

Peter Schmeical was an awesome goalkeeper. He had everything. Shame he played for the mancs.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:34 pm

I thought Di Matteo was very very fortunate with the Torres substitution against Barca. Torres looked nonchalant when he came on and his work-rate to me was poor but this IMO was Di Matteo's fault for expecting Fernando Torres to play as a left wing-back. He's not a team player! Barca should have capitalised on this fact that Torres was playing where he was, I would have instructed my players to double up and attack the right-wing where Torres was playing.

Di Matteo was lucky with this IMO - but it paid off for him.

I hope Munich rape em, in the final.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 am wrote:I thought Di Matteo was very very fortunate with the Torres substitution against Barca. Torres looked nonchalant when he came on and his work-rate to me was poor but this IMO was Di Matteo's fault for expecting Fernando Torres to play as a left wing-back. He's not a team player! Barca should have capitalised on this fact that Torres was playing where he was, I would have instructed my players to double up and attack the right-wing where Torres was playing.

Hear hear.....can't wait to see Bayern stuff them.....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:32 pm

Hattrick against QPR today.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Hope he has as stinker against us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Terrible time for him to hit form

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:43 pm

babu » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:40 pm wrote:Terrible time for him to hit form

yeah he got a hattrick against a poor QPR team when the match was already over
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:49 pm

bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:57 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 am wrote:I thought Di Matteo was very very fortunate with the Torres substitution against Barca. Torres looked nonchalant when he came on and his work-rate to me was poor but this IMO was Di Matteo's fault for expecting Fernando Torres to play as a left wing-back. He's not a team player! Barca should have capitalised on this fact that Torres was playing where he was, I would have instructed my players to double up and attack the right-wing where Torres was playing.

you guys sound like some bitters.... credit where credit is due, di Matteo turned Chelsea around and now he's getting the best out of Torres...
Last edited by maguskwt on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:53 pm

maguskwt » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:49 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:57 pm wrote:

you guys sound like the bitters.... credit where credit is due, di Matteo turned Chelsea around and now he's getting the best out of Torres...

No... hes gone back to basics, fair play, Torres is mediocre still and they are screwed next season instead of this season
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion