Raul Meireles - Rent Boy Mark II

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Impressive start and an assist playing in a deeper role... Interesting that many thought he wasnt good enough for us
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:07 pm

I wouldn't say 'noot good enough' - more not understanding where he's at his most effective...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Raul Meireles has accused Liverpool of a broken promise and claimed that he was asked to submit a transfer request

Meireles made one of the latest moves on deadline day when he joined Chelsea for a reported £12million just before the cut-off point.

The 28-year-old revealed upon signing for Chelsea that he had never wanted to leave Anfield and that he would eventually explain why he had done so.

He has now attempted to set the record straight by revealing that he was asked to submit a transfer request once Liverpool had decided to sell him to the Blues.

Reports had suggested that Meireles was promised a 100 per cent pay rise at Liverpool if he impressed during what was his debut season.

"All I have to say is that I had one promise at Liverpool which wasn't fulfilled. "
Raul Meireles Quotes of the week

Officially unveiled as a Stamford Bridge player on Monday afternoon, Meireles said: "All I have to say is that I had one promise at Liverpool which wasn't fulfilled.

"It's not the only thing to blame. But that's why the Liverpool fans are unsure why I left."

He added: "Liverpool asked me to hand in a transfer request, so that's normal."

Meireles admitted he was stunned to discover he had been made available for transfer.

"I was aware that Liverpool wanted to sell me in the summer, which was a bit surprising to me," said Meireles, who was reluctant to discuss his relationship with Reds boss Kenny Dalglish.

"There's no point touching this subject any more.

"I was a bit surprised, but now I'm just concentrating on my present and future, and that's with Chelsea."
Villas-Boas praise

Indeed, Meireles was delighted to have ended up at Stamford Bridge, saying: "When Chelsea showed interest, it was like a golden opportunity.

"I'm here now, it's a new adventure, and I want to do well here."

Meireles' move reunited him with Andre Villas-Boas, who he worked under during pre-season a year ago before joining Liverpool from Porto.

"I worked under Andre for one month at Porto, so I felt that there's the same mentality here as there was at Porto - the desire to win competitions and trophies. With Andre, we can do that," Meireles said ahead of Tuesday's UEFA Champions League Group E opener against Bayer Leverkusen.

"In one month, it was enough to see how he works and his desire to win things. So it wasn't hard to make the decision to come to Chelsea."

Source

---------------

Wow, if that's true then I'm disappointed with the club
Last edited by metalhead on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:05 pm

I was literally just going to post that....im the same with you, IF that's true, im not best pleased.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:30 pm

More twist now, Comolli is saying that Meireles WANTED to leave and he REQUESTED a transfer

more to follow...
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:58 am

Comolli rejects Meireles claims           Monday 12th September 2011

Director of football Damien Comolli insists Liverpool did not want to sell Raul Meireles but had little choice after he handed in a transfer request and told the club he wanted to leave.

Meireles joined Barclays Premier League rivals Chelsea in the final minutes of the transfer deadline day last month in a reported £12million move. Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Meireles accused Liverpool of a broken promise and claimed he was forced to submit a transfer request once they had decided to sell him to Chelsea.

Putting across Liverpool's side, Comolli said on the club's official website in response to questions sent in by supporters: "I think Raul said it himself with what I've seen recently in the press. Basically, he came to see me and said 'I want to leave, I want to play for another club'."

He added: "Our intention was not to sell him but we were put in a corner a little bit when he put in a transfer request and said he wanted to go and that he didn't want to play for Liverpool anymore.

"I think the owners and Kenny (Dalglish) have said it, and we all have the same view. When someone doesn't want to be here it's difficult to say 'you are going to stay'.

"We've been through that process in January with Fernando Torres and this felt like the same situation. We've done it, we think it was the right thing to do for the club, because it's very, very difficult to have somebody here who doesn't want to be here.

"The job of the manager in the Premier League is already difficult having to manage 25 players and only having 11 to start on a match day, so you have to deal with all the others.

"On top of that if you have someone who is adamant they don't want to be here and wants to play for someone else, we took the view it's better if he goes and we get the best possible deal for the club. In the end I think we did well."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:33 am

Too be honest, nobody really gives a toss do they?

He isnt a world class superstar who left us in the mire at the 11th hour!

He was a decent squad player who chose to leave for big bucks and the glamour of CL football. All those tatoos and designer mohawks cost money :D

Shouldn't thisnthread now be renamed to Rent boy - Raul Meireles?
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:09 am

metalhead wrote:Raul Meireles has accused Liverpool of a broken promise and claimed that he was asked to submit a transfer request

Meireles made one of the latest moves on deadline day when he joined Chelsea for a reported £12million just before the cut-off point.

The 28-year-old revealed upon signing for Chelsea that he had never wanted to leave Anfield and that he would eventually explain why he had done so.

He has now attempted to set the record straight by revealing that he was asked to submit a transfer request once Liverpool had decided to sell him to the Blues.

Reports had suggested that Meireles was promised a 100 per cent pay rise at Liverpool if he impressed during what was his debut season.

"All I have to say is that I had one promise at Liverpool which wasn't fulfilled. "

Officially unveiled as a Stamford Bridge player on Monday afternoon, Meireles said: "All I have to say is that I had one promise at Liverpool which wasn't fulfilled.

"It's not the only thing to blame. But that's why the Liverpool fans are unsure why I left."

Meireles admitted he was stunned to discover he had been made available for transfer.

"I was aware that Liverpool wanted to sell me in the summer, which was a bit surprising to me," said Meireles, who was reluctant to discuss his relationship with Reds boss Kenny Dalglish.

"I was a bit surprised, but now I'm just concentrating on my present and future, and that's with Chelsea."
Villas-Boas praise

Indeed, Meireles was delighted to have ended up at Stamford Bridge, saying: "When Chelsea showed interest, it was like a golden opportunity.

Meireles' move reunited him with Andre Villas-Boas, who he worked under during pre-season a year ago before joining Liverpool from Porto.

"I worked under Andre for one month at Porto, so I felt that there's the same mentality here as there was at Porto - the desire to win competitions and trophies. With Andre, we can do that," Meireles said ahead of Tuesday's UEFA Champions League Group E opener against Bayer Leverkusen.

"In one month, it was enough to see how he works and his desire to win things. So it wasn't hard to make the decision to come to Chelsea."

Source

---------------

so contrary to what he said last week, it was about money....?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:53 pm

RedSi35 wrote:Too be honest, nobody really gives a toss do they?

Spot on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Greavesie wrote:
metalhead wrote:Raul Meireles has accused Liverpool of a broken promise and claimed that he was asked to submit a transfer request

Villas-Boas praise

Source

---------------

so contrary to what he said last week, it was about money....?

every one knew that when he signed he was promised a review on his salary after the 1st season,so no secret there.
just the same as we all knew that kk didnt want him and he was going to be 2nd fiddle to henderson,so still no surprise there either.
pretty sure that the club werent going to increase his salary if he was going to be a bit part player and they decided it was best to move him on when chelsea made a bid.
slate me if you's want for this post but we lost a good player in merieles and its going to be worse watching him turn it on for the chavs every week.
definately our loss and chelseas gain.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:00 am

red till i die!! wrote:every one knew that when he signed he was promised a review on his salary after the 1st season,so no secret there.
just the same as we all knew that kk didnt want him and he was going to be 2nd fiddle to henderson,so still no surprise there either.
pretty sure that the club werent going to increase his salary if he was going to be a bit part player and they decided it was best to move him on when chelsea made a bid.
slate me if you's want for this post but we lost a good player in merieles and its going to be worse watching him turn it on for the chavs every week.

Thats the way I look at it. Its a big loss for us. Its made all the worse by the fact we let him join Chelsea. Stupid move on our part.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:every one knew that when he signed he was promised a review on his salary after the 1st season,so no secret there.

Thats the way I look at it. Its a big loss for us. Its made all the worse by the fact we let him join Chelsea. Stupid move on our part.

Couldnt agree more, even if people didnt rate him and I certainly did. I dislike this selling to our main rivals for CL spot, what happening letting a player rot in reserves
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:01 pm

He played well last nite, I have to say...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby centarec » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Miss him already.
centarec

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Hes transformed Chelsea's midfield into a cohesive and strong unit after their recent struggles in the absence of Essien. Hes been given the chance to play in his natural position as a central midfielder where we refused to play, and hes showing his quality whenever played. The fact that hes keeping Lampard out of the side is testament to his abilities imo. Him and Mata have been hugely influential for them so far this year and I expect that to continue. With Essien returning to replace Ramires/Mikel I think they'll compete with ManUtd and City for the title this season.

Anyone who said he was surplus to requirements here or that we replaced him with better players must have missed his performances for us and Portugal last year.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion