Raul Meireles - Rent Boy Mark II

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:06 pm

He was a bench player here and will be over there at Chelsea. All hes done is replace Benayoun. Chelsea have a pretty settled line up overall and he wont be walking into their first choice 11 seeing and theyve just signed young Mata as well. Meireles will play a supporting role at Chelsea but he will be happier working with manager whom he knows and who wanted him and thats the key. Its a decent deal for us and the player and thats why hes moved on
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:32 am

Shouldn't this thread be in the premiership discussion forum?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:23 am

redtrader74 wrote:Not sure you get the concept there zb, if we lose a player that contributes and has good ability, seems to ge on well with team mates then our squad will be weaker, we may be able to cope, but we are still weaker.

We are only weaker if he has not been replaced by someone of equal or greater worth
We are not weaker
We are stronger
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:30 am

I don't think we are weaker because I believe Charlie Adam brings more to the team than the losses die to RM moving to Chelsea.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:56 am

metalhead wrote:Shouldn't this thread be in the premiership discussion forum?

yah... shouldn't it?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:29 am

Meireles just gave a lame :censored: excuse... he didn't want to leave Liverpool and he only handed in transfer request because Chelsea came in for him...  :glare:

feck him...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:58 am

Meireles denies he forced Reds exit

Wednesday September 07 2011

Raul Meireles has insisted he never wanted to leave Liverpool but admitted he jumped at the chance to join Chelsea when it became clear he would be sold.

Meireles handed in a late transfer request to complete a reported £12million move from Anfield to Stamford Bridge minutes before the transfer window slammed shut last week, reuniting him with former Porto boss Andre Villas-Boas.

The 28-year-old told his new club's official website: "I made the right choice last year to come to England and to come to Liverpool and this year was different because I knew that I didn't want to leave Liverpool. I felt that the new owners didn't want to sell me, but when I knew that Chelsea and Andre wanted me, it convinced me."

Meireles added: "It was strange, because I knew of the interest of Chelsea, and the interest of the coach, and it was a pleasure to come to this club but it was strange because it was on the last day.

"The people think that I wanted to leave and it is only because Chelsea wanted me. For Andre to want me, that is why I wanted to go."

Meireles was out of the country on international duty on transfer deadline day, which he ended with the Portugal squad in Cyprus.

And there are no shortage of familiar faces at Stamford Bridge for the midfielder, who worked very briefly under Villas-Boas at Porto and also knows Chelsea's Portuguese stars Jose Bosingwa, Paulo Ferreira and Hilario, as well as Brazilian duo Ramires and David Luiz.

Meireles said: "I have a lot of friends here, Portuguese players that I know from Porto and the national team, and Jose Bosingwa helped me a lot in these first days.

"I know that Chelsea is a great club, one of the best clubs in the world, and it is not too difficult to convince me to come. Paulo and Hilario I know well, and Ramires and David Luiz I know from the Portuguese League, where they did a very good job in Benfica.

"They were very difficult opponents. Ramires only played one year in Portugal and that year they won the championship and he is a fantastic footballer. David Luiz also was very good. We talk the same language so now it is easy."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 am

Lol he is contradicting himself, he said that he wanted to join Chelsea because of AVB and that's why he put in a transfer request.. So how can he deny not forcing his exit :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:44 am

But at least credit to him saying he didn't want to leave.  He clearly believed in what AVB did, and I'm sure that was more of the decision maker then the fact it was Chelsea..

We should be happy, he left in a much more respectful manner then torres... He's not talking sh!t on the club... At least not yet :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby aCe' » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 am

He said something amongst the lines of being frozen out and that was the reason he left the club. The manager obviously didnt have him in his plans and given the chance to play for Chelsea rather than sit in our bench he made the sensible decision that we've been calling on other players in similar situations to make...

I still think it was a poor decision by Kenny and co, but hopefully it wont come back to bite us .. Stings that he joined Chelsea of all people, but loyalty is a two way thing..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 am

He never said he was frozen out, the Echo reported that Liverpool did not intend to sell Meireles until he handed the transfer request. The problem between Meireles and the Club was down to the salary wage promise that the PREVIOUS regime told him and the current refused to give. Kenny and Comolli had plans for him but he wanted a better pay check
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:11 am

aCe' wrote:The manager obviously didnt have him in his plans and given the chance to play for Chelsea rather than sit in our bench he made the sensible decision that we've been calling on other players in similar situations to make...

I don't think thats true at all.  He struggled with his fitness during pre season which is why he wasnt a starter for the opening 2 games.  Kenny was going to use the Carling Cup game to help him with his fitness but he got injured in that

He was only available for 3 games and he played a part in every one of them. That doesnt suggest to me that he wasnt part of Kennys plans.

He just admitted himself that the owners didnt want to sell him and him handing in a transfer request on deadline day is also proof that he chose to leave.   

If he wasnt prepared for a bit of competition then he doesnt have the right mentality for this club.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:28 am

not a liverpool player anymore so couldn't give a monkeys what he has to say.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:36 pm

aCe' wrote:He said something amongst the lines of being frozen out and that was the reason he left the club. The manager obviously didnt have him in his plans and given the chance to play for Chelsea rather than sit in our bench he made the sensible decision that we've been calling on other players in similar situations to make...

I still think it was a poor decision by Kenny and co, but hopefully it wont come back to bite us .. Stings that he joined Chelsea of all people, but loyalty is a two way thing..

erm...the quotes are above...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:10 pm

usual post-transfer sh!te...would have prefered to see him say nothing and leave it at that. Oh well...am still disapointed he's gone, but as St mike said, he's not our player anymore and couldn't care less.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion