Torres - Rent Boy - What now

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Even Konchesky managed to join a team with at least one  European Cup .....Torres must not have had time to google European Cup WINNERS  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:22 pm

cheers for that MLPD, brought a tear to the eye (given the circumstances its hard to know whether to be upset or angry) :) I thought we'd built a connection with Atleti, hopefully that doesn't change.

much appreciated, I thought the same last night, I remember us playing your lot and it being a very pleasant experience for both sets of fans. You won't get that from Chelsea, trust me
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby MLPD » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:25 pm

I am sure we won't ... glad to read your post
Thanks Greavesie
MLPD

Postby Greavesie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:29 pm

what do you make of the situation tho MLPD, have you still got respect for fernando or have you lost it a bit? You know what his connection with Liverpool was, an adopted scouser, an he gets up and offs without a word basically sh!tting on those who sang his name no matter how good or bad he and the team were
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Ciggy wrote: :Oo:

The support of the fans who always showed respect to me when I came to Stamford Bridge and at Anfield. Now I am very happy to be a Chelsea player

Didn't you know that's the universal "we love you and respect you very much as a footballer and as a person"-sign though   :lookaround

I look forward to seeing our new strikers in action but I still cannot get over how much Torres suddenly turned around and went from understanding all things LFC and history to just plain right taking a dump on all of us. Unforgivable lad :no

Good post btw MLPD (and no, you're not to blame for this) :)
JamCar05

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:48 pm

:(  :(  :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:53 pm

Hiya MLPD appreciate your post and welcome back, we feel very bitter, hurt and angry because we hate Chelsea they are everything we dont stand for, and thats why it hurts, it would be like him going to Real madrid for you guys, thats how it feels at this moment in time.

His attitude for the past 18 months even under Rafa was appauling and twice as bad under Roy, he always had a mood on and fell out with a few people, but we forgive him and made excuses for him for everything.

There is lessons to be learned here and we wont be fooled again by football players anymore, we idolised him like you and your fans did, but we really feel right now we have been made fools of, the statement about Chelsea being the biggest club in the world is pathetic and dissrespectfull to one of the biggest clubs in the world Liverpool F.C.

Never mind we will get over it soon enough just hope our new striker partnership hit it off immedialty so we will have something to cheer about again.

Hey and stick around here mate.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MLPD » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Though I understand your point 100%, I believe our position from Madrid is a bit different. We have seen him grow, I have  seen 90% of all matches he played since he was a kid, playing for the under 15 Atletico side. He left Atletico and we were in misery, but we understood that a player of his level could not stay in a mad house as ours.
We were sad when he left, then happy when he joined you. I had no particular link with LFC but I loved the way you guys treated him. We then went to Liverpool for the Champions League match and felt totally at home, even surprised by how big he was there.
But time was running and LFC was losing good players, was further from titles than everyone expected. Fernando, believe or not, has always received severe critics in Spain for not winning titles with clubs. He has always been under a lot of pressure, especially during the world cup. I think he was promised a lot this summer and he felt the team was not performing at the expected level; this would have made him think that a move was necessary so as to be able to win something in the short term.

At that stage, my opinion was two-fold: First option, he could leave LFC and seek a club which would compete for the Champions League in the very short term and I could understand that. Second, he could stay in LFC despite his complicated situation (meaning that it does not seem that LFC could compete for the Champions League in the short term, with all due respect) and become my idol for ever and ever.
He chose option one, which I can understand but does not necessarily match my "romantic" idea of football. And I think things have happened the wrong way, possibly the most painful for you lot, and I am deeply sorry. At the same time, I can understand him. Honestly, I think he made a BIG mistake staying in Atletico too long, keeping the faith while reality was tough. My feeling is that he suffered a lot from that experience and he did not want the same to happen again.
As I said before, it is contradictory and difficult to swallow ... but he is one of us, he has always been and he will always be. I agree that he owes a good explanation to the LFC fans, and I am sure he will. Whether that is enough for you is up to you, and I will fully understand whatever you decide; in the past you proved to be a great, fair bunch of supporters and you have all our respect and credit, whatever your opinion is.
MLPD

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Ciggy wrote:Hiya MLPD appreciate your post and welcome back, we feel very bitter, hurt and angry because we hate Chelsea they are everything we dont stand for, and thats why it hurts, it would be like him going to Real madrid for you guys, thats how it feels at this moment in time.

His attitude for the past 18 months even under Rafa was appauling and twice as bad under Roy, he always had a mood on and fell out with a few people, but we forgive him and made excuses for him for everything.

There is lessons to be learned here and we wont be fooled again by football players anymore, we idolised him like you and your fans did, but we really feel right now we have been made fools of, the statement about Chelsea being the biggest club in the world is pathetic and dissrespectfull to one of the biggest clubs in the world Liverpool F.C.

Never mind we will get over it soon enough just hope our new striker partnership hit it off immedialty so we will have something to cheer about again.

Hey and stick around here mate.

...Well said...

You forgot the following though...

"Any more bleedin' good strikers you feel like sending our way, please feel free to do so. The last one was pretty good......"
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:56 pm

MLPD wrote:Hi all.
I am an Atleti supporter, some of you may have read me around. I appeared here the day Torres did, and welcome was warm and friendly. I understand that today may be a difficult day for me to come back, but somehow I felt I had to.

Torres is now gone and you feel bitter. I understand completely. I understand Fernando as well: he came to Liverpool from a similar situation in Madrid, where he was not achieving what he expected and time kept running. I am not happy about the way things have happened; however, I can understand his reasons and still feel he is one of us.

The only purpose of this message is this: I, as many others in Madrid, feel now very attached to LFC and I feel you ought to know. The way you have always treated Fernando is something we deeply appreciate. I never supported any English team in particular, but for the last few years I have watched most of the LFC matches, regardless if Fernando was playing. We went to Anfield to the Champions League and Europa League matches and people were incredibly friendly. We shared beers and songs and that will never be forgotten. You came to Madrid and we (I) played football against you and went for beers on the days before the matches, we made good friends with whom we are still in contact. You clapped at us and cheered outside our stadium even after your team lost in Madrid last time and we will never forget that, I will never ever forget that. You lads made an impression on us because of your passion and loyalty to your team, your respect for our team, your way to understand football, very close to ours.

I now feel sorry for the situation and fully understand how you feel. I also feel somehow oddly responsible; you would probably feel the same if this happened the other way round.

It would be difficult for us to support any other English team now, even if we do feel that Torres is and will always be one of us. It is a difficult, contradictory situation that we still don't know how to handle or whether we will be able to handle it at all.

I thought you had to know this, sorry if it is not the right moment.

Hi MLPD,

we just feel hurt, its like Torres going to Real Madrid or any of your hated rivals in La Liga.

He disrespected us in his interview yesterday, he said Chelsea are a top club, best team in England without mentioning us and without even saying how sad he left Liverpool. He says he wants to score a goal against us and wants to feel happy about it.

:(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Ciggy wrote:The top club jibe was quite frankly the biggest insult he could have given us.

Chelsea are not even in the list of top ten clubs in the world.

He is a f'uckin sell out lying ratbag.

Totally agree.

I can accept him wanting out.

I can accept that Liverpool, in the end, was really just another career stepping stone for him.

I can even accept him going to Chelsea.

But, I cannot accept the sheer contemptuous nature of that remark. It was just completely uncalled for.

I always knew he'd be off someday, but I never thought he'd leave with such a bad taste in the mouth.

As I said before all footballers and managers are mercenary, but you can do it with a bit of dignity.
tonyeh

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:57 pm

metalhead wrote:He says he wants to score a goal against us and wants to feel happy about it.

Where is THAT ? Did he actually say that ?
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:58 pm

BluesChronicle Dan Levene
by JimBoardman
Torres not playing v Liverpool: neither club would want this to be his debut. Too much for both to lose. Bad psychology for the player.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:58 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
metalhead wrote:He says he wants to score a goal against us and wants to feel happy about it.

Where is THAT ? Did he actually say that ?

I'm exaggerating mate.. let me be :D

he said he won't feel bad if he scores against us, which is normal
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:00 pm

metalhead wrote:BluesChronicle Dan Levene
by JimBoardman
Torres not playing v Liverpool: neither club would want this to be his debut. Too much for both to lose. Bad psychology for the player.

Bollix !
Stand up like a man, not a cowering chickensh!t..Look your former brothers in arms in the eye, you ku'nt.

I would farkin' LOVE to see him on the pitch on Sunday. And gettin' leathered all over the place by our lot.

The biaaatch !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion