Torres - Rent Boy - What now

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:42 pm

If he repllicates his form of 2 years ago then it will essentially vindicate the move. Not that I give a :censored: but it would be better he if turns out to be shevchenko pt 2.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:42 pm

EDIT
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 pm

If he ever leaves his chosen profession ... I'm sure he would make an excellent actor ,because the cunt certainly pulled the wool over my eyes .... what a thoroughly  nasty piece of work he turned out to be ....he virtually had the keys to the fucking city such was the trust we had in him ....and he left us feeling used :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:05 pm

To put it in perspective, we've not heard any parting shots from the likes of Konchesky or Babel (I don't think) and they've had to put up with their share of stick from supporters that expected better of them.  With Torres it was an unconditional love affair from his first appearance and he's paid the supporters back with an almighty slap across the face.  Despicable.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:31 pm

when ian rush left to go to italy, we all knew why he was doing it, at the time not many players had been able to make it there and it was seen as a life choice, something you had to do before you die. he did npot talk about moving to the worlds best club or anything like that, he left us with our blessing.........and we soon took him back under our wing and he is still loved today.

Torres has not won the club anything in his time here, and due to this once we start winning things we will forget him......apart from when he walks onto the field of play.

if he dont win nothing with the russians in the next two years he will not stay there and move back to spain.

Torres has turned out to be scum in my view, for the last year i have given him stick and said that if he dont pick up his game he should be sold, well we can take something from what has just happend, there is a chance that the russians have just got themselves a stallion that mike be in fact a donkey.

i dont see him fitting in that well there and there are sure going to be a few players that are unhappy with his wage, terry will be happy as his wage will go to be the same as torres due to his contract ruels.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:32 pm

:Oo:

The support of the fans who always showed respect to me when I came to Stamford Bridge and at Anfield. Now I am very happy to be a Chelsea player

Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:36 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Topic moved as I can no longer stomach the thought of the lad as a Liverpool player.  It was adding insult to injury with those f.ucking comments last night.  Complete and utter contempt for the fans that bounced and sang his name week in, week out--through injuries, poor form, half-ar.sed displays, the lot.  Fu.ck you, Fernando, you conniving little ingrate--you've left the only top club you'll ever play for.  T!t.

yes, it hurts even more that when Owen left.

heard that his new club are putting him up in a house untill he buys one, he looking at buying in essex.........i better not see him about, i see John Terry all the time but in truth he not a bad guy and will stand and chat and even take a bit of stick from you, can not see torres doing that, he might just fall on the floor and cry.

??? I thought Terry lived in or near Esher in Surrey.
worcester_red

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Ciggy wrote:the biggest club in the world is he having a laugh?

they're not even the biggest club in london.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:50 pm

Pah, feck him.  The lad only really managed to score at Anfield and that's only because the Kop sucked the ball into the net 9 times out of 10.  He'll prove to be a very ordinary player without the Kop juking the stats for him.

(Okay, maybe I'm starting to get a little bitter... :D )
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Wonder who will do all his donkey work for him like our Derek done?

Ballague
A difficult decision that Torres could not resist

Fernando Torres: Chelsea striker. Actually seeing it in writing feels strange, and the sight of him in a blue, rather than red shirt, harder for fans to come to terms with than the fact the former Liverpool number nine switched clubs for a record breaking £50 million.

Last week, the idea that we’d be referring to Torres as a former Red by the following Tuesday was simply un-imaginable for the majority of Liverpool fans – yet the feeling that he was at a club progressing much slower than he had hoped had been growing within the player for some time - and when Chelsea made a serious enquiry ahead of Liverpool’s game against Fulham, Fernando sensed that this was an opportunity that he could not resist.

Torres felt that a move to Chelsea provided him with the best opportunity to remain in England where his particular talents are best exploited, while offering a more realistic chance of getting his hands on the European and domestic silverware his time at Atletico Madrid and Liverpool failed to deliver. That will be painful for the fans to hear but is what eventually took him away.

Torres and his people spent the first half of yesterday at Melwood where they, along with club employees, experienced moments where the deal was not going to take place. The words ‘its not going to happen’ were muttered more than once. Nevertheless, once the transfer request had been submitted two days earlier, the player and the club knew there would be no going back – no matter how difficult the departure. No point in keeping an unhappy player in the squad.

Between the moment Liverpool realised that a serious bid from Chelsea could be presented during the January transfer window and the point at which Torres signed a five and a half year deal at Stamford Bridge, the search for a replacement at Anfield became a priority over the last few weeks as Liverpool made enquiries as to the availability of the likes of Fernando Llorente and Alvaro Negredo. Liverpool ignored the first offer from Chelsea, which made before the Fulham game on the 26th of January, and dismissed it out of hand, considering it an insulting amount compared to what would be expected. But once Torres made his feelings clear on Friday night, the situation changed dramatically.

On Sunday, the increased £50 million offer from Chelsea materialised and Liverpool accepted it under the condition they could find a replacement. As reassuring as it is to have money in the bank, football wealth needs to be reflected out on the pitch: as Newcastle - considerably richer but short of a striker - may well find out.

Life goes on. Liverpool have moved on quickly, bringing in two international forwards where they previously had just one. There was an element of panic in the Carroll decision but football people at the club (Comolli, Dalglish) feel the potential justifies the outlay. Over time, the wisdom of that decision will become apparent and reflect how good the sporting hands running the club really are.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:00 pm

lets be honest his comments are laughable!! :laugh: :laugh:  what the feck is he on about, treated me with respect? great fans? club with a great personality?

You really are deluded Nando lad, give ya head a shake :laugh: :laugh:

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Ciggy wrote:Torres felt that a move to Chelsea provided him with the best opportunity to remain in England where his particular talents are best exploited, while offering a more realistic chance of getting his hands on the European and domestic silverware his time at Atletico Madrid and Liverpool failed to deliver. That will be painful for the fans to hear but is what eventually took him away.

This is what I don't get. Half of Chelsea's squad will probably be retiring in the next 3-4 years.

Also, Drogba and Torres is not a partnership. If they play both of them then they'll have to go back to a diamond midfield which lacks width and nullifies Lampard's goal threat. All Chelsea's success in the past has come when they play 4-3-3.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:08 pm

stmichael wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Torres felt that a move to Chelsea provided him with the best opportunity to remain in England where his particular talents are best exploited, while offering a more realistic chance of getting his hands on the European and domestic silverware his time at Atletico Madrid and Liverpool failed to deliver. That will be painful for the fans to hear but is what eventually took him away.

This is what I don't get. Half of Chelsea's squad will probably be retiring in the next 3-4 years.

Also, Drogba and Torres is not a partnership. If they play both of them then they'll have to go back to a diamond midfield which lacks width and nullifies Lampard's goal threat. All Chelsea's success in the past has come when they play 4-3-3.

unless they've promised him a load of investment is coming :D

If he was that greedy for success and wanted to poo on us he might as well have went and joined the scum up the road, he clearly doesnt give a stuff about us anyway

when was the last time a london side won the CL, oh yeh...have fun with that you Judas sh!thouse

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby laza » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Pah, feck him.  The lad only really managed to score at Anfield and that's only because the Kop sucked the ball into the net 9 times out of 10.  He'll prove to be a very ordinary player without the Kop juking the stats for him.

(Okay, maybe I'm starting to get a little bitter... :D )

No no no Bob your not sounding bitter at all, you can take that from an Aussie   :D

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MLPD » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi all.
I am an Atleti supporter, some of you may have read me around. I appeared here the day Torres did, and welcome was warm and friendly. I understand that today may be a difficult day for me to come back, but somehow I felt I had to.

Torres is now gone and you feel bitter. I understand completely. I understand Fernando as well: he came to Liverpool from a similar situation in Madrid, where he was not achieving what he expected and time kept running. I am not happy about the way things have happened; however, I can understand his reasons and still feel he is one of us.

The only purpose of this message is this: I, as many others in Madrid, feel now very attached to LFC and I feel you ought to know. The way you have always treated Fernando is something we deeply appreciate. I never supported any English team in particular, but for the last few years I have watched most of the LFC matches, regardless if Fernando was playing. We went to Anfield to the Champions League and Europa League matches and people were incredibly friendly. We shared beers and songs and that will never be forgotten. You came to Madrid and we (I) played football against you and went for beers on the days before the matches, we made good friends with whom we are still in contact. You clapped at us and cheered outside our stadium even after your team lost in Madrid last time and we will never forget that, I will never ever forget that. You lads made an impression on us because of your passion and loyalty to your team, your respect for our team, your way to understand football, very close to ours.

I now feel sorry for the situation and fully understand how you feel. I also feel somehow oddly responsible; you would probably feel the same if this happened the other way round.

It would be difficult for us to support any other English team now, even if we do feel that Torres is and will always be one of us. It is a difficult, contradictory situation that we still don't know how to handle or whether we will be able to handle it at all.

I thought you had to know this, sorry if it is not the right moment.
MLPD

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion