Jose mourinho. - Miracle or myth.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:19 pm

and im sorry but i wouldnt want a manager who acted like that at our club - yes rafa may of had a pop at taggert but it was all facts he produced and wasnt full or arrogance that maureen has .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:21 pm

was a good manager though. Still is and probably will be for a long time to come.

respect where respect is due. :cool:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:22 pm

if i was a manc i would slag liverpool fans too. i would call them a bunch of morons and worse.
but im a liverpool fan so i slag the mancs

get my drift? his commitment was to chelsea. not liverpool. and as arrogant as he is, he is a better manager then rafa. his players adore him. rafa has zero man management skills.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:39 pm

hence why a manc would never be welcomed at liverpool and why a scouser would never be welcomed at the mancs . He was manager of another team he didnt have to show any disrespect to any other club but he decided to slag off our club and our fans . end off . and plenty of players dont seem to have a problem with rafa at the club so i would suggest he does have man management skills .

And yes lee good manager - and does deserve respect for trophies won but as a man never .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:55 pm

I fail to see why jose should show any respect to our fans,he didn't owe us anything mate, however I do think he respects our club and our fans
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:03 pm

peewee wrote:I fail to see why jose should show any respect to our fans,he didn't owe us anything mate, however I do think he respects our club and our fans

mourinho was asked in an interview not more than 2 days ago about the title in our country

the pundit said it was manures, but jose said ''no, i think liverpool is there''
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Great manager and adapted to EPL with ease and had the character to dominate the press and the other clubs. Respect.

But MON would be both cheaper and easier to live with!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Guess it will just be me then that doesnt want him near the club
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 pm

As well as i dont htink he owuld come to us with the owners we have and the state of the club at the moment .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:50 pm

bigmick wrote:
s@int wrote:I think we may find out a little more about Mourinho in the next round of the CL when Inter play the mancs. I would still fancy the mancs, but I wouldn't be surprised if the games are pretty close. I just think all the Italian clubs have a bit of an inferiority complex against the mancs. It would take something "special" for Inter to win.

Mourinho seems to have the knack of taking over a team and running with it, rather than the usual stutter that most managers have while they build their "OWN" squad and team.

For example when he joined Chelsea he only brought in 4 players in his first season while 14 players left. If nothing else he must have saved a bit on wages.

5 CUPS in 3 years is not a bad record anyway, and one Chelsea are unlikely to see again.

Now that's an intersting stat S@int that 4 players in, 14 players out. Who were the four? Drogba, Carvallio, Ferrera and who else? Tiaco maybe?

I remember him saying that he didn't want a squad of more than 22 players I think as he said it was a recipe for disaffection within the camp. Certainly an interesting contrast to the way some managers do it. I didn't inlcude the cup successes when I was talking about him as it was really his league achievements which interested me. They did beat some decent teams in some of those finals though as I remember, and once again I'm not sure the results of those tie in with the "tactical imbecile" theory.

One thing about him though, very much like our current manager he does provoke a wide spectrum of opinions.

Sorry Mick it was a load of balls my post mate. It was only when you mentioned Ferrera that I realised and checked again. They have a wierd system for transfers on soccerbase and some of the players he bought came under 2003/4 . Not sure why!

He actually bought 6 or seven (not sure if he bought Cech?)

Robben, Ferreira,Kezman, Drogba,Tiago,Carvalho.
account deleted by request

Postby loopyliverpool » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:53 pm

If Mourinho goes anywhere after Inter it will almost certainly be Spain and Real.
loopyliverpool

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:54 pm

He'll be back in the Premiership within the next 2-3 years. Whether that's here us just down the East Lancs road is anyones guess. Just depends how long whiskey nose hangs around for.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby loopyliverpool » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Can't see him going there. If he wins Serie A in Italy again, has good run in the Champions League, one of the big guns from Spain (probably Real) will come for him. It's a new challenge for him. He's already won titles in Portugal, England and Italy and you know how they hero worship Real/Barca down in Iberia. I can see one M. O'Neil taking over from Old Red Nose! Mourinho may come back if he is unsuccessful there and manage our national side.
loopyliverpool

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:14 pm

10/19/2008 4:59 PM
Mourinho: I'm Coming Back To England
Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho told reporters after his side's 4-0 trouncing of Roma that he wasn't finished with England yet, and that he fully intended to return to the league that he once won with Chelsea...
The outspoken manager was in incredibly high spirits after his nerazzurri thrashed Roma 4-0 on their own patch to climb to the top of Serie A on Sunday evening.

However, among his post-match thoughts was his plans to one day return to the Premier League.

The former Chelsea boss said, "I feel good at Inter now, but one day I will return to train a Premiership team. I love Inter and this is a great challenge, but after this I will come back to the Premiership."

He gave no deadline as to when he'd pack up his bags in Milan and head back to the white cliffs of Dover, but he was unequivocal about this being his eventual plan.

Indeed, he even went on to turn down the prospect of taking over his own country's national team, or a side based in Portugal's nearest rivals, Spain.

"I heard that some people wanted to go to Spain or to the Portugal national team, but I love the English and England," he added.

Whether or not this means that he is prepared to take the England national team job, though, remains to be seen.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:22 pm

heres a question, If he took over Portsmouth would you bet on him to win the league next year?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion