Rafael benitez - Miracle or myth?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:11 pm

It's interesting reading and confirms what I posted up earlier in the thread. When you consider that the Valencia team he took over had reached the Champions League final in each of the two season PRIOR to Rafa's arrival, it certainly puts into perspective claims from some fans about other managers "dropping on" to a favourable situation. Allied to that was the fact that both Madrid and Barcelona were historically very weak at the time (I remember us beating a particularly poor Barca team in a European tie around then, Kluiverts handball) and it was set to go.

It has to be said that the record other than Valencia is ordinary at best when compared to some of the managers around today.

I would also say that a quick look at the source site confirms it as not being overly favourable to us in general  :laugh: .
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:07 pm

A couple of promotions, one with a team no longer in the Spanish national league system is not bad for a manager earning his spurs. Also, he took Valencia from fifth in the league to first.
LFC2007

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion