Jose mourinho. - Miracle or myth.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:03 am

And it will take a manager 5 mins to get used to the prem when you have a team full of 20 mil players who have mainly played together for a year or so .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 am

GYBS wrote:Maureen

Porto - Won title there in a poor league , Won UEFA Cup against Celtic by diving all over the place but a talented team.
          CL - Did well to win and got through couple of games by skin of their teeth but ended up beating monaco in a
                 Poor final

Chelsea - Took over a very good squad that should of won the CL the year before but for Raneri having a mental moment . Added the cheap Signings of Drogba ,Carvhalo Essien to the list and won two titles plus a Leagure cup but were beaten twice in three years by Liverpool in CL semi .

Inter - Took over a team that were already crusing to title wins in previous seasons and hasnt done much different there .

Overall think he is a decent manager but not as good as some think - He had a very good bunch of talented people at Porto and won a poor CL. At chelsea he was able to but whoever he wanted and at Inter he got another bunch of taalented guys .

How would he fair if he had to build a squad up from scratch without having billions to spend. ?

That is without mentioning his personality which is very very arrogant beyond belief. And as for getting on with our owners ? well can neve reve see that working .

yeah he is lucky that jose

:Oo:
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:21 am

GYBS wrote:And it will take a manager 5 mins to get used to the prem when you have a team full of 20 mil players who have mainly played together for a year or so .

and rafa still hasn't sussed it out after over 4 years at the helm with a team and skwad that he built

you also seem to be missing the fact that red nose had a team full of 20 million quid players and 20 odd years at the helm in the league/premier league yet lucky jose even managed to take the title away from them a few times.

come on mate credit where it is due or it just reads like sour grapes
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:54 am

Porto - Won title there in a poor league , Won UEFA Cup against Celtic by diving all over the place but a talented team.
          CL - Did well to win and got through couple of games by skin of their teeth but ended up beating monaco in a
                 Poor final

Chelsea - Took over a very good squad that should of won the CL the year before but for Raneri having a mental moment . Added the cheap Signings of Drogba ,Carvhalo Essien to the list and won two titles plus a Leagure cup but were beaten twice in three years by Liverpool in CL semi .

Inter - Took over a team that were already crusing to title wins in previous seasons and hasnt done much different there .

Overall think he is a decent manager but not as good as some think - He had a very good bunch of talented people at Porto and won a poor CL. At chelsea he was able to but whoever he wanted and at Inter he got another bunch of taalented guys .

How would he fair if he had to build a squad up from scratch without having billions to spend. ?

That is without mentioning his personality which is very very arrogant beyond belief. And as for getting on with our owners ? well can neve reve see that working .

Porto or Sporitn Lisbon normally win the title in Portugal. I think I read somewhere once that Mourinho didn't start at Porto though, he did something spectacular at a lower division club over there. Maybe someone else could shed some light on that.

When they won the UEFA, they did beat Celtic in the final. Celtic though put some fairly decent sides out along the way as I recall, as did no doubt Porto. We beat Alaves in the final a couple of years earlier and I don't remember too many people being concerned it wasn't Bayern Munich instead.

Champions League? Well they won it. Surely Liverpool fans know better than most that once you've won it, how lucky you were or how poor a tournament it was that year is totally irrelavent.

Chelsea? Took over a team who were a long way back in 2nd, and stuck 16 points!!!!!! on top of their total in his first year in English football.

Inter Milan-I agree.

Lets be serious though, just for once. Lets even try and be objective, his record is quite good by any standards.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:55 am

And taggerts squad was going through an overhaul at the time - Ronaldo was new and raw , vidic and evra needed to be settled , tevez and berbatov werent there , they didnt have players like nani,anderson,hargreaves - so basically he had to buy nearly 100 mil pounds worth of players (around 5 of them ) to get back above the players that maureen had bought . Maureen is a decent manager of that there is no doubt but would like to see how he would do when building a sqaud from the ground up and not being able to spend 20 mil on every player.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 am

bigmick wrote:

Poor final

Porto or Sporitn Lisbon normally win the title in Portugal. I think I read somewhere once that Mourinho didn't start at Porto though, he did something spectacular at a lower division club over there. Maybe someone else could shed some light on that.

When they won the UEFA, they did beat Celtic in the final. Celtic though put some fairly decent sides out along the way as I recall, as did no doubt Porto. We beat Alaves in the final a couple of years earlier and I don't remember too many people being concerned it wasn't Bayern Munich instead.

Champions League? Well they won it. Surely Liverpool fans know better than most that once you've won it, how lucky you were or how poor a tournament it was that year is totally irrelavent.

Chelsea? Took over a team who were a long way back in 2nd, and stuck 16 points!!!!!! on top of their total in his first year in English football.

Inter Milan-I agree.

Lets be serious though, just for once. Lets even try and be objective, his record is quite good by any standards.

never said he isnt a good manager mick has i think he has done well but the guy has certainly had a lot of help along the way - think he is decent but not sure if he is good as he himself makes out and like i said to peewee would like to see how he handles a squad that needs rebuilding without having a bottomless pit of money .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Why? Are you saying that after five years of the Rafalution our squad needs rebulding ??? We've spent 150 million quid building the fecker, surely it doesn't need rebuiilding from top to bottom, what have we been doing FFS :angry:
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Im not saying we need rebuilding am i mick - but well dont have endless money thou and he would want to bring in a fair number of his own players but on a tight budget , something he has never done before . Also i know a few people on here want him but overall the fans do remember what he was like as a person and how he slagged us on numerous occasions. Plus as i mentioned in other thread there is also the major stumbling block of our owners - would he work with them considering the state it is in at the moment ? im not sure myself . Would he leave the harmony of Inter to come to the instability of Liverpool ? Plus i also think he would really love the Man Utd job when taggert goes .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:15 pm

whoever the mancs had they still finished 16 clear of a Chelsea team that jose only added 4 players to.

As for talking about liking to see him take a team from scratch, I doubt we will ever see that as he is one of the worlds top managers. Also you again mention the money, I have said this many times mate that a team full of superstars will still need a good manager, if good players are so tactically aware why are there not more managers that were quality players, they need a good manager and jose us a good manager, Chelsea still have an expensive squad as do we but both are playing catch up.

As for the mancs, they always outspent us but still couldn't get anywere near us in the 80s, let's just give credit to jose for his management without trying to belittle his achievments
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:25 pm

I have given him credit but im certainly not going to go overboard about him , i dont rate him as highly as some . And i certainly dont want him as Liverpool manager despite his record just like i would never want Taggert as liverpool manager ever . he showed massive disrespect to our club and our fans on a number of occasions and things like that will never be forgotten by the majority of fans of the club .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:05 pm

GYBS wrote:I have given him credit but im certainly not going to go overboard about him , i dont rate him as highly as some . And i certainly dont want him as Liverpool manager despite his record just like i would never want Taggert as liverpool manager ever . he showed massive disrespect to our club and our fans on a number of occasions and things like that will never be forgotten by the majority of fans of the club .

I understand that mate, I was annoyed by his behaviour but in the cold light of day if he was our manager and did that to the mancs we would love him for it. I want you to watch one thing mate, watch him as he leaves the pitch after our first semi against them, watch how he applauds the Liverpool fans, he had a job to do and he did it well, we hated him because he wasn't doing that job as our manager. Just for once wouldn't you like to see rafa running along the touchline as we beat the mancs, I would love to see him show some passion, maybe then I would take to him a bit more
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
bigmick wrote:To be honest I've never really liked him as a person, but have rated in particular his man mangement skills. When I actually sat down and wrote the thread starter, he is a better football manager than I gave him credit for. His achievement at Chelsea to come in and instantly stick 16 points on top of Ranieri's total when he came second to Arsenal (now that is what I CALL progress) is a truly staggering achievement. It matters not that he spent money, to acquire the players and get them to gel instantly, to blend and to adapt to the Premiership upon arrival is a truly amazing achievement.

Similarly, when you look at him winning the UEFA Cup followed by the Champions League the following season with Porto, it gives lie to Lando's assessment.

He is a manager and a person who polarises opinion. In mine, if we were to be looking for a manager and he was available, we should absolutely move heaven and earth to get him. Put it this way, If Chelsea get him back next season they'll go very very close, and if Man City get him they'll finish in the top four. I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever about either statement, and would be happy to have a wee wager with anyone who differs.

What is the point in starting a topic where you ask a question if you've already decided the answer?

What you are basically saying is that Moris is fantastico because he made the most expensive group of players in the World win a league where the competition wasn't as strong as it could have been. You add to this by referring to the UEFA and Champions' League successes he managed with an inherited squad.

Now, if Liverpool won it DESPITE Rafa, as you have intimated before, surely a squad lacking in any Moris influence whatsoever won it without HIS influence?

You need only look at Chelsea's results against Liverpool in the Champions' League to see that he was inferior to Rafa. Common sense shows this, as, despite a much better team, we f*cked them over.

The league matches had so many contentious issues where decisions went incorrectly to the chav b*stards, that you cannot realistically count them.

Moris is a nothing manager who relies completely on his arrogant ramblings and inherited squads to achieve anything.

lando, our team needs more arrogance on the field. then we may be able to dictate matches more readily and turn draws into wins, and defeats into draws. imo

get my drfit
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:13 pm

peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:I have given him credit but im certainly not going to go overboard about him , i dont rate him as highly as some . And i certainly dont want him as Liverpool manager despite his record just like i would never want Taggert as liverpool manager ever . he showed massive disrespect to our club and our fans on a number of occasions and things like that will never be forgotten by the majority of fans of the club .

I understand that mate, I was annoyed by his behaviour but in the cold light of day if he was our manager and did that to the mancs we would love him for it. I want you to watch one thing mate, watch him as he leaves the pitch after our first semi against them, watch how he applauds the Liverpool fans, he had a job to do and he did it well, we hated him because he wasn't doing that job as our manager. Just for once wouldn't you like to see rafa running along the touchline as we beat the mancs, I would love to see him show some passion, maybe then I would take to him a bit more

yes mate but look at his reaction after the second semi fina and then again in the next lot of CL semis mate - there is mind games but he showed a total alck of respect for the fans and club . That will not be forgotten by a lot of people who wont want him near the club . Not particular bothred about showing emotions and looking an idiot on the sideline - both shans and sir Bob didnt show much emotions during the game or even afterwards . and people didnt hate him cause he wasnt our manager they hated him cause of the wy he spoke about our club and the way he slagged of certain players and the fans .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 pm

oh please! if it was our manager doing it he would be hailed as a hero. hypocrites.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:18 pm

but he wasnt and he was slagging off our fans and our club - forget the ifs rubbish lets look at exactly what he did and the disrespect he showed to our club and our fans
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion