Ferguson

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu May 09, 2013 6:55 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu May 09, 2013 7:37 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu May 09, 2013 6:21 pm wrote:Yet he has managed to keep ahead of us in recent times despite minimal investment in the team.

Any talk of the demise of the Scum is a bit premature at the moment

They will win a trophy next season and comfortably qualify for CL

winning a cup and finishing in the top 4 isn't enough. The Mancs already have fans saying Moyes isn't the man and he hasn't even parked his motor in the car park....the pressure will be huge and that will be half the game for him.

At Everton there was no pressure...no expectation other than not to get relegated.  He'll have a 3 week honeymoon and then the knives will be out. Mark my words

And he will be protected by Slur who pretty much appointed him

Slur will make sure it will be business as usual for them

I think the complete opposite will happen...bacon face's shadow will loom large and Moyes will not be able to do jack sh!t without players/fans demanding his return to the dugout.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 09, 2013 8:13 pm

That sounds like what would happen with us

In fact it did

It will be down to how the players react to him and signings he makes
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Ferguson's interviews with the media were fractious at best ,pundits and sports journalists were extremely weary  of getting on the wrong side of Ferguson's wrath.  Moyes simply doesn't possess the same arrogance and overbearing sense of righteousness and almost zealous compulsion for success.

Lets also not forget United's faithful hung on every utterance ,every contemptible sneer that Ferguson made ,will Moyes be able carry that mantle ? More than a couple of defeats ,and the scribes will be sharpening their pencils and jabbing them squarely into Moyes's back.

It may seem a safe appointment by United now,but United fans are not renowned for their patience,and any lull in their propensity for securing victories at any
conceivable cost  may see the tide turn. I also believe Moyes will be undermined by Ferguson going upstairs ,diplomacy not being the jocks strongest point,and the media will broadcast his every sound bite. The safe money will be going on Chelsea or City for the title next season. I honestly don't think Moyes has the character or the tactical acumen needed to flourish at United ,yet alone stumble his way to a trophy .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm

How can you judge the Scums fans patience when they have had the same manager for 26 years ??

Not sure how Moyes can be fully judged until given the chance - what we do know is that he has had a BS team overperforming on many occasion and has got them results when needed

With proper backing he has a chance of doing well

He will win the title before we will - he knows the prem

Europe thought will be the stumbling block for him
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 pm

If it was left up to  United's fickle supporters he would have been gone after three years ,or are you disputing that Benny ? Ferguson's longevity has
nothing to do with United's hardcore support ,in actual fact most of United's more ardent fans left in their droves after Ferguson publicly renounced
their demonstrations against the Glazer's humping more debt on the club. Even the season he finished with no trophies United fans were openly calling
for him to step down.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Yes that's 3 years - that's showing paitence when you consider all the other clubs

We have people asking for BR to go before he has even finished a season.

3 years is a sign of fans being paitent.

The scum have seen what happens when a manager is given time and they will do the same again.

And most of the ardent fans left ! You will have to show the proof on that sort of statement

And even when a couple might have asked for a change when they went three years without a title ( wow just 3 ) it was a very very small percentage
Benny The Noon

Postby fivecups » Thu May 09, 2013 10:11 pm

:)

Redcafe immediately after the news broke:

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/sir-alex-fergusons-retiring-370296/
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 09, 2013 11:19 pm

The fact remains that no one will back Moyes beyond his 6year contract, this means that utd fans expect done manager upheaval at some point. This in turn relies on some level of underachievement
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 09, 2013 11:53 pm

read an interesting tweet from some journo earlier.
apparently the current chairman of the f.a david bernstein is leaving to work at the manchester f.a (county level) and his replacement greg dyke is not only a huge united fan but he was once on the board at united.
the new incoming chairman of the premier league is called anthony fry and he is, surprise, surprise a big united fan.
the current vice chairman of the f.a david gill (who as we all know is fergusons right hand man) is currently trying to be elected onto uefa`s executive committee, the english f.a. are fully behind and are actively lobbying for his appointment to uefa`s top table.
i dont know how moyes will get on on the pitch but they are going to have a lot of political clout off it.
and to think rafa kicked up a stink when gill went to the f.a, he`d go ballistic over that lot!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 10, 2013 12:02 am

This is the best from Sadcafe 

Old Trafford will have a moat on Sunday with all the tears.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri May 10, 2013 12:09 am

McManaman on ESPN saying that pile of horse s**t is the biggest club in the world.

Nothing wrong with being respectful to those c**ts, but going above and beyond........

What a f**king dog.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 10, 2013 12:36 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 09, 2013 8:00 pm wrote:Yes that's 3 years - that's showing paitence when you consider all the other clubs

We have people asking for BR to go before he has even finished a season.

3 years is a sign of fans being paitent.

The scum have seen what happens when a manager is given time and they will do the same again.

And most of the ardent fans left ! You will have to show the proof on that sort of statement

And even when a couple might have asked for a change when they went three years without a title ( wow just 3 ) it was a very very small percentage

They said it with banners ffs ,slightly different from a handful of beauts on a facebook .

Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken out in support of Manchester United's owners and said he has no problem working for the Glazer family.
The Americans have been accused of running up huge debts, leading to fan protests and talk of a takeover.
"They've done the job well. I've never been refused when I've asked for money for a player," stated the United boss.
"What can I do other than carry on the way we're doing it and the way I'm allowed to - I've no complaints."
The Glazer family bought United in 2005 for £800m but the club's debt is estimated to be £700m.

Their ownership of United provoked much criticism and resulted in the setting up of breakaway fans' club FC United of Manchester and the Green and Gold protest movement.
The Red Knights consortium, a group of wealthy supporters, considered making a takeover bid but put those plans on hold in June.
However, Ferguson believed the Glazers have been unfairly criticised.
"The debt has come through by the club being bought out by an owner. You know full well that when a business is bought it's usually bought with debt," he added.
"Because it's a football club it seems to attract more negative reporting from the media and from the fan but Manchester United Football Club, when it went plc, it was always going to be bought. It was inevitable.
"So when a particular family like the Glazers have bought it, it's unfair they come in for criticism because anybody could have bought it."
Ferguson, 68, is heading into his 24th season in charge at Old Trafford, during which time he has won 11 Premier League titles and the Champions League twice.

Chelsea overshadowed United last season by clinching the Premier League and FA Cup double but Ferguson insisted he is as hungry as ever for success and was not even considering retirement.
"Every day, every year there's the challenge of being at the top and that helps me. I think you need good natural energy and I've been blessed with that," he said.
"I'm very fortunate about that so I'll keep going as long as my health keeps going. The same applies to every person. I'm 68 and so far my health has been standing up.
"If I have my health I can carry on. There will be a point when I do quit but I have absolutely no idea when that is.
"I tried that a few years ago and it was an absolute disaster. Agony. My wife made me change my mind and she was dead right.
"I think she was soon fed up with me in the house. Now when the time comes I think the club should be okay."
From the BBC 2010 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8865897.stm

http://www.stretfordendarising.com/2012/07/24/sir-alex-ferguson-glazer-puppet-or-playing-the-long-game/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/118710Alex-Ferguson-backs-the-GlazersAlex-Ferguson-backs-the-Glazers

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/prepare-yourself-for-fergusons-criticism-of-fans/
Ferguson asks fans to forget Glazer and back team
By Times Online and PA Sport

Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, has urged the club's supporters not to let their bitterness at Malcolm Glazer's takeover spoil Saturday's FA Cup final.

Glazer now has total control at Old Trafford after amassing a 75.7 per cent stake in the club but as yet has not publicly outlined his plans for the Red Devils.

Major supporters groups, including Shareholders United and the Independent Manchester United Supporters Association, have called for mass demonstrations in Cardiff this weekend to emphasise the strength of feeling against Glazer's involvement.

Although it is widely assumed Ferguson has decided to stay on as manager beyond the summer, he decided not to answer any questions on the issue at his pre-cup final press conference at the club's Carrington training complex this morning. Instead, he limited himself to a short speech, urging the fans to get behind the team to give them the maximum chance of beating Arsenal at the Millennium Stadium.

"This is not the time to be answering questions about Malcolm Glazer's takeover of the club," he said. "Ever since I became manager of Manchester United, my main concern has always been the team. Our focus has to be 100 per cent on the final this week, otherwise we will not be doing our jobs properly. For us, everything is geared to Saturday, all the rest is peripheral.

"Of course the fans are emotional. Given the loyalty they have shown over the years, it is understandable. But this is their big day as well as ours. The supporters and players should be together in their attempts to win this match on Saturday. Nothing else matters and I am sure they will not let us down."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/7915206/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-tells-Manchester-United-fans-he-has-no-complaints-about-the-Glazers.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1243287/Manchester-Uniteds-breakaway-faithful-vindicated-Glazers-exposed.html
Read them in your own time ,but I'm guessing you will still probably refute the facts .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 10, 2013 1:10 am

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 10, 2013 3:50 am

Benny The Noon » Thu May 09, 2013 6:03 pm wrote:I think he is going to surprise a few people

He tailored his tactics to suit the players he could buy

With better players at his disposal he will do better

He won't try and change much with them.

Alex will literally be holding his hand - the old c.unt won't let go that easily.

I agree. He's a decent manager and with Taggart looking over him I don't think too much will change and he won't necessarily employ dog yard tactics at OT. He'll keep the whole status quo so to speak and won't need to do too much tinkering. Everton on the other hand have lost a manager who got them to punch above their weight, they're in a different camp altogether now IMO.
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Fri May 10, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 10, 2013 3:52 am

At Everton there was no pressure...no expectation other than not to get relegated.  He'll have a 3 week honeymoon and then the knives will be out. Mark my words

I do hope you're right. fingers crossed.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion