Ferguson

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:50 pm

I would be marginally more curious if he discussed the contents of his last bowel movement.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:30 pm wrote:so he doesnt reckon gerrard and lampard are top players?
be interesting to see him list man united players of the last 20 years he considers to be better than those 2, wouldnt be a very long list imo
and the only decent player rafa signed was torres?
what about alonso, mascherano, agger, reina etc etc

It doesn't suprise me in the slightest you decided to come out with what you have.

You clearly haven't understood what was said.

He's pointed out he doesn't believe Lampard is an elite international footballer. Something ALOT of people would agree with. I clearly don't see a problem with this opinion. Its one I have myself and its one shared by an awful lot of people.

On Gerrard he simply says the lad isn't as good as Keane or Scholes. As an out an out midfield player again I agree. Again, so do most. You only have to look about what people were saying about Scholes when he retired. The likes of Xabi, Messi, Iniesta, Zidane, van Persie etc called him the best they had seen... Not some empty media comment, not sitting on the fence, but out and out THE BEST! That in itself says something.

Nothing wrong with this opinion. Also, he's clearly said he rates Gerrard very highly... but then I suppose someone like yourself who can't understand why a manager who's won a Sh*t load of league titles with Keane and Scholes in his side would think this...

Benitez only top purchases were Torres, Reina and Alonso. Mascherano was well overhyped by our own and Agger... you're really counting him as a "top purchase"? Do us a favour. Also, he did mention Pepe and I'm sure had he been reminded of Alonso (a player he once admitted to looking at) he'd agree on that.

Maybe if people woke up and smelt the coffee they'd understand that Ferguson has great respect for Liverpool. They'd also realise that we actually are and always were as far away as he makes out... It comes as no suprise to me these comments were made, funnily enough, I agree with them...

But I suppose a manager who has won the league however many times he has doesn't have a clue about the game either.

Absolutely pathetic.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:35 pm

StuYesThatStu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:08 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:30 pm wrote:so he doesnt reckon gerrard and lampard are top players?
be interesting to see him list man united players of the last 20 years he considers to be better than those 2, wouldnt be a very long list imo

It doesn't suprise me in the slightest you decided to come out with what you have.

He's pointed out he doesn't believe Lampard is an elite international footballer. Something ALOT of people would agree with. I clearly don't see a problem with this opinion. Its one I have myself and its one shared by an awful lot of people.

On Gerrard he simply says the lad isn't as good as Keane or Scholes. As an out an out midfield player again I agree. Again, so do most. You only have to look about what people were saying about Scholes when he retired. The likes of Xabi, Messi, Iniesta, Zidane, van Persie etc called him the best they had seen... Not some empty media comment, not sitting on the fence, but out and out THE BEST! That in itself says something.

Nothing wrong with this opinion. Also, he's clearly said he rates Gerrard very highly... but then I suppose someone like yourself who can't understand why a manager who's won a Sh*t load of league titles with Keane and Scholes in his side would think this...

Benitez only top purchases were Torres, Reina and Alonso. Mascherano was well overhyped by our own and Agger... you're really counting him as a "top purchase"? Do us a favour. Also, he did mention Pepe and I'm sure had he been reminded of Alonso (a player he once admitted to looking at) he'd agree on that.

Maybe if people woke up and smelt the coffee they'd understand that Ferguson has great respect for Liverpool. They'd also realise that we actually are and always were as far away as he makes out... It comes as no suprise to me these comments were made, funnily enough, I agree with them...

But I suppose a manager who has won the league however many times he has doesn't have a clue about the game either.

Absolutely pathetic.

Saying that Keane and even Scholes were better players than Gerrard is an insult. I personally put Gerrard in front of basically any midfielder, but I always say that there can't be a single best midfielder (which is probably true) because I want to show respect for the rest of the players who were also world class. The way Ferguson says it, it's like he doesn't even consider them to be in the same league.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:03 pm

damjan193 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:35 pm wrote:Saying that Keane and even Scholes were better players than Gerrard is an insult.

That, in itself is an absolutely ridiculous and quite frankly embarrassing statement by someone who doesn't know their own ***** from their elbow.

It makes me cringe when plastic Liverpool fans come out with statements like that just because they can't stand United.

Keane and Scholes were every bit as good if not better than Steven.

In response to the latter part of your post, thats just the misguided way you've read it again due to the media. He clearly says he wanted to sign Gerrard and thought him to be one of the most influencial players in the league.

Funnily enough, the people who speak sense agree with a lot of (not all) what Ferguson says... maybe because they can see a manager as good as him and someone who knows the game as he does, understands a little bit more than the likes of yourself.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Plastic Liverpool fans ?!

Which people agree with Ferguson ?

You seen unable to understand that people can form their own opinion. Stop accusing everyone of being "led or driven by the media"

I actually agree with the poster that Gerrard was a better player than both Keane and Scholes.

I formed that opinion all by myself through watching all three players.

5Live recently did an interview with Berkamp and in his words said that "Gerrard was the most complete centre mid the prem has seen in the last 20 years" - I happen to agree with him
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:46 pm

StuYesThatStu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:08 pm wrote:

Absolutely pathetic.

it`s actually comforting when you disagree with my posts, as a general rule of thumb i know if i find myself having the polar opposite view to yours i know i`m on the right lines, you are a handy barometer in that way.
and by the way do you do anything apart from whinge about our players or put them down? benny used to get tons of stick on here for supposedly being negative but he was nowhere as bad as you.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:46 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:08 pm wrote:

Absolutely pathetic.

it`s actually comforting when you disagree with my posts, as a general rule of thumb i know if i find myself having the polar opposite view to yours i know i`m on the right lines, you are a handy barometer in that way.
and by the way do you do anything apart from whinge about our players or put them down? benny used to get tons of stick on here for supposedly being negative but he was nowhere as bad as you.

Thats probably because I want LFC to be successful and want good players who can actually do things others can't playing for the club and don't want average players earning silly amounts of money running round in the shirt.

I also find it hard to take that we're no longer the most successful club in the country with players off our own streets...

It gets especially frustrating when you plough thousands and thousands of hard earned cash watching people, who, quite frankly, aren't upto the strandard I'd expect of a Liverpool footballer.

If it was any other walk of life, I'd tell you you're welcome to your Henderson's, Lucas's and the likes and wouldn't bother my ***** arguing with you. But the fact is, when its something you care about and something you love, you want whats best for them.

You may want to stand by and watch things you love fail... that maybe in your personality and you might choose to be like the parents of the fat kids on x-factor who's parents tell them they're wonderful, when infact they're tone deaf....
My personality is very different, I believe in fighting tooth and nail to be the best and do the best with what you have.

I've never been one to rest on my laurels and accept bull s**t excuses. I'm not about to start either, so if that offends you I suggest you grow a pair.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:19 pm wrote:I formed that opinion all by myself through watching all three players.

:laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Can you tell us exactly what you would like the fans to do about the players you don't rate then?

If your not resting on your laurels what are you going about it ? How exactly are you fighting tooth and nail ?

I'm pretty sure we all want what is best for the club but as in all walks of life people will always differ from what they think is best .

I'm pretty sure you are doing nothing different about these players than me or Yakka or any other fan. Unless you can let us know what it is you are doing
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:15 am

:laugh:  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:21 am

Its almost impossible to compare Keane, Scholes and Gerrard.

Keane is probably best known for his hard tackling, leadership and DM like qualites.
Scholes is best known for his passing.
Gerrard for his bursts forward, shooting and hollywood passes.

They might make the perfect midfield 3 but they have different skillsets. 
Gerrard actually never really played centre midfield in his more successful years.  Fergie and Andy Gray etc always seem to complain about that but Rafa got the best out of him.  He realised that Gerrard was better further forward with less defensive duties.

As for Fergie's opinions on Liverpool... Some of them probably have an element of truth to them, but he is just bitter.  Anything he says about Rafa or that era is void.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:00 am

Stu you actually talk as if you think nobody else gets frustrated or fed up with what has actually happened at the club, especially over the last ten years.In your world full of wankers mate you must find it extremely difficult being so  perfect  :laugh:   In reality LFC has had two massive decades in it's history so it is not a given that we are always going to be the best club in the land winning the most trophies. Liverpool were unfortunate that their main period of success didn't coincide with the absolutely incredible amount of money generated through satellite television. Shit happens and we have to live with it. Manchester United on the other hand benefited hugely from satellite television and it could easily be argued that this was one of the key reasons for their incredible success.

Until Ferguson arrived at United they had endured a virtual baron spell for a very long time. They actually went more than 25 years without winning the title. Do you think their fans were ecstatic about how the club was being run during that time? Of course we all want Liverpool to be a formidable force in world football. Just how many clubs would have sold out the MCG to nearly 100,000 fans in a few hours. And that was a friendly match over 10000 miles away from home against a very average team. If you can't see that the club is actually making steps in the right direction then you need to get to Specsavers !!

I have accused BTN on numerous occasions that his glass isn't half full but close to fkg empty. You actually make him look quite positive.  Stu ffs mate at least go out and buy a fkg glass. At least that would be a start !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:53 am

jacdaniel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:21 am wrote:Its almost impossible to compare Keane, Scholes and Gerrard.

Keane is probably best known for his hard tackling, leadership and DM like qualites.
Scholes is best known for his passing.
Gerrard for his bursts forward, shooting and hollywood passes.

They might make the perfect midfield 3 but they have different skillsets. 
Gerrard actually never really played centre midfield in his more successful years.  Fergie and Andy Gray etc always seem to complain about that but Rafa got the best out of him.  He realised that Gerrard was better further forward with less defensive duties.

As for Fergie's opinions on Liverpool... Some of them probably have an element of truth to them, but he is just bitter.  Anything he says about Rafa or that era is void.

i think gerrard is the best player of the 3.
people get bogged down by what players have won in their careers and use that as a yard stick to ascertain how good they were as footballers when at the end of the day there`s 11 people in a team.
imo gerrard could have walked into that united side and not only done the same job as keane or scholes but actually improved the team, i think that united side with a prime gerrard in it would have probably dominated the CL like they dominated the domestic title.
believe me i dont care who united had in that side if gerrard would have walked through the gates at old trafford back then he would have made himself the driving force of that team, he would have been `the man` just as he was here, he was that good.
but on the flip side if you would have put scholes or keane in our team instead of gerrard there`s no way we would have achieved what we did, scholes and keane are excellent players but they are not the kind of one man army that gerrard was (and what we needed), scholes was like dalglish, he needed other good, intelligent players around him to get the best out of his game where as you could surround gerrard with 10 crabs and he`d still be a force of nature.
scholes was a conductor of an orchestra but what use is a conductor if the band cant play their instruments?
it`s easy to look good when your surrounded by class players because if you have an off day no one notices, someone else in your team picks up the slack, you win and you move on to the next game, ian rush has spoken about it often.
but when everyone is looking to you to produce something everyone notices when you have a bad day.
all eyes have been on gerrard for a decade, sometimes in hope, sometimes in desperation but always in admiration, he is the best liverpool player i will ever see in my lifetime, he is my generations elisha scott or billy liddell.
there are young lads around now who, when they are old men, will have ale houses full of people hanging off their every word when they talk about how they saw steven gerrard play.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Excellent post Yaka
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Great post Yakka, especially about Scholes. I feel the same way about him myself. Though I think that saying that Gerrard is better than a combination of Scholes and Keane is going a bit too far, you got the rest spot on.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion