Ferguson

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby laza » Fri May 10, 2013 5:17 am

The fact they have gone with a manager from a small club seems to give an indication that Fergie will still pulling some strings behind the scenes  :D

Personally I think Moyes could end up in no win situation, things go pear shaped he could have a shorter reign then Roy did here.

Things go well everybody will just assumes its all down puppetmaster Fergie
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 10, 2013 6:00 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 10, 2013 12:36 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu May 09, 2013 8:00 pm wrote:Yes that's 3 years - that's showing paitence when you consider all the other clubs

We have people asking for BR to go before he has even finished a season.

3 years is a sign of fans being paitent.

The scum have seen what happens when a manager is given time and they will do the same again.

And most of the ardent fans left ! You will have to show the proof on that sort of statement

And even when a couple might have asked for a change when they went three years without a title ( wow just 3 ) it was a very very small percentage

They said it with banners ffs ,slightly different from a handful of beauts on a facebook .

Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken out in support of Manchester United's owners and said he has no problem working for the Glazer family.
The Americans have been accused of running up huge debts, leading to fan protests and talk of a takeover.
"They've done the job well. I've never been refused when I've asked for money for a player," stated the United boss.
"What can I do other than carry on the way we're doing it and the way I'm allowed to - I've no complaints."
The Glazer family bought United in 2005 for £800m but the club's debt is estimated to be £700m.

Their ownership of United provoked much criticism and resulted in the setting up of breakaway fans' club FC United of Manchester and the Green and Gold protest movement.
The Red Knights consortium, a group of wealthy supporters, considered making a takeover bid but put those plans on hold in June.
However, Ferguson believed the Glazers have been unfairly criticised.
"The debt has come through by the club being bought out by an owner. You know full well that when a business is bought it's usually bought with debt," he added.
"Because it's a football club it seems to attract more negative reporting from the media and from the fan but Manchester United Football Club, when it went plc, it was always going to be bought. It was inevitable.
"So when a particular family like the Glazers have bought it, it's unfair they come in for criticism because anybody could have bought it."
Ferguson, 68, is heading into his 24th season in charge at Old Trafford, during which time he has won 11 Premier League titles and the Champions League twice.

Chelsea overshadowed United last season by clinching the Premier League and FA Cup double but Ferguson insisted he is as hungry as ever for success and was not even considering retirement.
"Every day, every year there's the challenge of being at the top and that helps me. I think you need good natural energy and I've been blessed with that," he said.
"I'm very fortunate about that so I'll keep going as long as my health keeps going. The same applies to every person. I'm 68 and so far my health has been standing up.
"If I have my health I can carry on. There will be a point when I do quit but I have absolutely no idea when that is.
"I tried that a few years ago and it was an absolute disaster. Agony. My wife made me change my mind and she was dead right.
"I think she was soon fed up with me in the house. Now when the time comes I think the club should be okay."
From the BBC 2010 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8865897.stm

http://www.stretfordendarising.com/2012/07/24/sir-alex-ferguson-glazer-puppet-or-playing-the-long-game/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/118710Alex-Ferguson-backs-the-GlazersAlex-Ferguson-backs-the-Glazers

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/prepare-yourself-for-fergusons-criticism-of-fans/
Ferguson asks fans to forget Glazer and back team
By Times Online and PA Sport

Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, has urged the club's supporters not to let their bitterness at Malcolm Glazer's takeover spoil Saturday's FA Cup final.

Glazer now has total control at Old Trafford after amassing a 75.7 per cent stake in the club but as yet has not publicly outlined his plans for the Red Devils.

Major supporters groups, including Shareholders United and the Independent Manchester United Supporters Association, have called for mass demonstrations in Cardiff this weekend to emphasise the strength of feeling against Glazer's involvement.

Although it is widely assumed Ferguson has decided to stay on as manager beyond the summer, he decided not to answer any questions on the issue at his pre-cup final press conference at the club's Carrington training complex this morning. Instead, he limited himself to a short speech, urging the fans to get behind the team to give them the maximum chance of beating Arsenal at the Millennium Stadium.

"This is not the time to be answering questions about Malcolm Glazer's takeover of the club," he said. "Ever since I became manager of Manchester United, my main concern has always been the team. Our focus has to be 100 per cent on the final this week, otherwise we will not be doing our jobs properly. For us, everything is geared to Saturday, all the rest is peripheral.

"Of course the fans are emotional. Given the loyalty they have shown over the years, it is understandable. But this is their big day as well as ours. The supporters and players should be together in their attempts to win this match on Saturday. Nothing else matters and I am sure they will not let us down."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/7915206/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-tells-Manchester-United-fans-he-has-no-complaints-about-the-Glazers.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1243287/Manchester-Uniteds-breakaway-faithful-vindicated-Glazers-exposed.html
Read them in your own time ,but I'm guessing you will still probably refute the facts .

Facts ?

You stated "most" ardent fans "left"

FC United average attendance is 2,000 - the Scums is over 70,000 !!

So they had a demo over the debt from Glaziers - a "minority" ( not most ) left and then they all just carried on supporting the club. So your first "factual" statement about "most" ardent fans leaving is a bit "factually incorrect"

As for the banners - yep they struggled in the first three years and after 3 years they wanted a change - 3 years not 3 months or 3 weeks but 3 years - 3 years is a lifetime in modern football and shows remarkable paitence

How long was it until we were demanding Woy was gone ? 6 months ?

If the scum fans are "known for their impatience" as you suggest because they had enough after 3 poor seasons then what does it say about our fanbase.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 10, 2013 6:05 am

Like a few mancs are doing to Moyes now, you wrote Woy off even before the ink on his contract had dried. I think your in no position to give people lectures on patience.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 10, 2013 6:26 am

Kenny Kan » Fri May 10, 2013 6:05 am wrote:

Like a few mancs are doing to Moyes now, you wrote Woy off even before the ink on his contract had dried. I think your in no position to give people lectures on patience.

What my feelings where in regards Woy was replicated throughout the majority of the fanbase - that showed a lack of patience on our part - the point I'm making ( which I'm guessing you ignore ) is the Mancs gave Slur 3 years before questioning him - and according to RBG that shows a lack of patience ? 3 years is a lack of patience ? :laugh:

They will give Moyes time - the club , the fans , the players - because he won't rock the boat and will just carry on as norm and Moyes will win a prem title before we do.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 10, 2013 6:33 am

Benny The Noon » Fri May 10, 2013 5:26 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Fri May 10, 2013 6:05 am wrote:

What my feelings where in regards Woy was replicated throughout the majority of the fanbase - that showed a lack of patience on our part - the point I'm making ( which I'm guessing you ignore ) is the Mancs gave Slur 3 years before questioning him - and according to RBG that shows a lack of patience ? 3 years is a lack of patience ? :laugh:

They will give Moyes time - the club , the fans , the players - because he won't rock the boat and will just carry on as norm and Moyes will win a prem title before we do.

So YOU are more impatient than Manc fans.

Glad we cleared that up.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 10, 2013 5:35 pm

your not comparing like for like though benny, you are comparing united fans of the mid 80`s to our fans now.
under shankly we once went 6 years without a trophy and our fans didnt bat an eyelid, thats because in the old football league days fans didnt have 24 hour rolling sports news channels hyping everything to f##k and getting everyone airiated.
in the old days you had maybe jimmy hill giving an opinion, these days practically anyone who has ever laced up a pair of boots is in the media cranking up the pressure on one club or another. plus there was no internet where fans from all over the world could have their say, there was no blogs or forums, the only fans opinions that counted was the fans who went the match.
lets not forget either that back then united fans had low expectations, not only had they gone 20 odd years without a title they had hardly won anything else either, in our barren years we won the european cup, got to another final, won the uefa cup, the european super cup, 3 F.A cups and 4 league cups, that wasnt the case with united, in 1986 after 20 years of winning hardly anything united`s fans didnt expect miracles.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 10, 2013 6:10 pm

The point I was trying to make was RBG stated that they were well known impatient fans ? I can't see how that can be with the scum - in fairness their patience isn't tested massively but they have Slur three years before questioning him then even when he went 3 years without a title they really didnt give him too much hassle so I'm not sure how they can be called impatient fans ?
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Why are there 8 pages of debate about that Whiskeynose ku.nt, Mordor, and the army of darkness on this forum?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Because its a topic that is worth debating about ?
Benny The Noon

Postby tonyeh » Sat May 11, 2013 12:16 am

Poor old David is going to have his work cut out for him. But, if anyone thinks Utd are going to crash and burn, they might be in for a shock. Make no mistake, Fergie will be pulling the strings for a few years yet. Utd will be managed by proxy.
tonyeh

Postby laza » Sat May 11, 2013 4:37 am

bunglemark2 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:10 am wrote:Why are there 8 pages of debate about that Whiskeynose ku.nt, Mordor, and the army of darkness on this forum?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” Sun Tzu, The Art of War, Ch. III.

:D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 am

Of the premier league top 7, only 1 club has a manager in his job for over 1 year  :D   Absolutely unbelievable.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 am

would that be Ar$enail?
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:30 pm

so he doesnt reckon gerrard and lampard are top players?
be interesting to see him list man united players of the last 20 years he considers to be better than those 2, wouldnt be a very long list imo
and the only decent player rafa signed was torres?
what about alonso, mascherano, agger, reina etc etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:49 pm

He was always going to be slating everyone -

1. he is a c@&t
2. It will sell more books
3. He is a c@&t
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion