Is it time for the unthinkable? - Caretaker manager time?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:59 pm

On the "survival of the club" question, the club will survive. If the price drops sufficiently, someone will buy it, and the banks will force the price down if these two c...s can't or won't come up with the cash. Failing or as well as that, the best players will be sold off to pair back debt. It is quite likely that under the current circumstances, let alone under those more extreme circumstances, a title win is beyond us. That doesn't alter the fact however that the manager has been a disaster. If he couldn't muster up a consistently decent showing with the backing he's had already, it is hard to envisage him doing so when he hasn't got the luxury of buying 20 million pound players each Summer then not playing them.

The whole lot needs a cull. Yes the owners, but also the backroom leeches, the dieticians, the physicians, the defensive coaches, the advisors and the coach driver. Needless to say the manager as well, get rid, for fecks sake lets get rid and move forwards for once.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:01 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:I give up . Seriously . Concentrate on rafa all you like . The owners are the biggest problem at our football club and all your @sred about is the manager and his faults . Do what you want then . We'll have a new manager next season ,some of our best players gone a shItty budget and shItty owners . You've made the bed you can lie in it . Not saying no more on the issue , youse are obviuosly not @rsed in the slightest .All your interested in is being proven right and want to ram it home . Feck the bigger problems as long as Rafa is not here we are happy .Fine .

Do you not understand that it's the managers fault that we won't get 4th, it is the managers fault that as a result the top players will leave, it is the manager who will lead this club into mid table mediocrity uinless a very wealthy benefactor is bought.

In short RAFA IS THE PROBLEM, I know that doesn't suit your agenda of hate against the owners but it is the reality.

F.uck right of you ,you complete tIt .Not interested in your pathetic take on things . Your a feckin wa'nker mate plain a simple .

LOL you amuse me. Now where do I sign up for SOS  :D

Really that was easy spiritofshankly.com .

By the way soft ollies i do have a personal opinion and mY personal opinion of you is that you are a wind up merchant with the sole intention of causeing as much animosity in this place as possible and the sooner you or me are banned the better . YOU SCRUFFY NORWEGIAN INBRED TW@T .

scruffy  ???
inbred  ???

You don't know me so how can you call me scruffy and I assume you are being racist by calling me inbred, becuase you don't know me or my family personally, thank god, so I must assume you are casting aspersions on all Norwegian people which I actually take a lot of offence at and which is quite ironic and amusing as there is a lot of evidence to suggest that a lot of Scousers have Viking ancestory.

Quite astonishing outburst form you especially considering you are representative of SOS.  :no
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:02 pm

mart wrote:
heimdall wrote:And does it look like Torres is more motivated these days. I'd sell both, use some of the the money to get rid of Rafa and give the new manager the rest in transfer money.

Its more likely that the money will go to pay our debt than any new transfers. Or if we are lucky the money goes towards building a new stadium. Liverpool cant continue to compete in the top as it is now, regardless of who is manager or if lucas plays or not.

Sort out our finances and build (a stadium) for the future so we can continue as a top4 club. (Perhaps we should call it top 5 after man city spends some more millions).

I'd go along with that, it might actually be better to plough the money into the stadium.
heimdall

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:03 pm

heimdall wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:I give up . Seriously . Concentrate on rafa all you like . The owners are the biggest problem at our football club and all your @sred about is the manager and his faults . Do what you want then . We'll have a new manager next season ,some of our best players gone a shItty budget and shItty owners . You've made the bed you can lie in it . Not saying no more on the issue , youse are obviuosly not @rsed in the slightest .All your interested in is being proven right and want to ram it home . Feck the bigger problems as long as Rafa is not here we are happy .Fine .

Never has the proverb "You can lead a horse to water ,but you cant make them drink " been so apt in describing posters mind set  :( It truly is a sad state of affairs Igor when the concept of the survival of this great club is offset by the very great and unrealistic view that the removal of the manager will temporarily dust off those rose tinted glasses for a short period  :no

Oh for the love of God, how many times do I have to repeat myself:

"I HATE THE OWNERS AS MUCH AS EVERYBODY ELSE"!!!

do you guys get it now please?

The difference is that I think Rafa is a bigger threat to the club, but that doesn't mean that I like the owners in any way. I want to get rid of them as well but Rafa first or maybe all of them at the same time.

Heimdell isnt it crystal clear that no-one gives a shít what you think?

Over the last few months you´re constant criticism of Rafa has blown away your credibility.

Now quieten down and watch from the sidelines.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:03 pm

bigmick wrote:On the "survival of the club" question, the club will survive. If the price drops sufficiently, someone will buy it, and the banks will force the price down if these two c...s can't or won't come up with the cash. Failing or as well as that, the best players will be sold off to pair back debt. It is quite likely that under the current circumstances, let alone under those more extreme circumstances, a title win is beyond us. That doesn't alter the fact however that the manager has been a disaster. If he couldn't muster up a consistently decent showing with the backing he's had already, it is hard to envisage him doing so when he hasn't got the luxury of buying 20 million pound players each Summer then not playing them.

The whole lot needs a cull. Yes the owners, but also the backroom leeches, the dieticians, the physicians, the defensive coaches, the advisors and the coach driver. Needless to say the manager as well, get rid, for fecks sake lets get rid and move forwards for once.

It's time for a revolution  :buttrock  :buttrock
heimdall

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:04 pm

heimdall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Do you not understand that it's the managers fault that we won't get 4th, it is the managers fault that as a result the top players will leave, it is the manager who will lead this club into mid table mediocrity uinless a very wealthy benefactor is bought.

In short RAFA IS THE PROBLEM, I know that doesn't suit your agenda of hate against the owners but it is the reality.

F.uck right of you ,you complete tIt .Not interested in your pathetic take on things . Your a feckin wa'nker mate plain a simple .

By the way soft ollies i do have a personal opinion and mY personal opinion of you is that you are a wind up merchant with the sole intention of causeing as much animosity in this place as possible and the sooner you or me are banned the better . YOU SCRUFFY NORWEGIAN INBRED TW@T .

scruffy  ???
inbred  ???

You don't know me so how can you call me scruffy and I assume you are being racist by calling me inbred, becuase you don't know me or my family personally, thank god, so I must assume you are casting aspersions on all Norwegian people which I actually take a lot of offence at and which is quite ironic and amusing as there is a lot of evidence to suggest that a lot of Scousers have Viking ancestory.

Quite astonishing outburst form you especially considering you are representative of SOS.  :no

No i'm not a representative of SOS . I'm a member that is all and as i said quite clearly it was and is my personal opinion . Now run along . FECKIN SH!T STIRRING BELL.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Reg wrote:
heimdall wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Never has the proverb "You can lead a horse to water ,but you cant make them drink " been so apt in describing posters mind set  :( It truly is a sad state of affairs Igor when the concept of the survival of this great club is offset by the very great and unrealistic view that the removal of the manager will temporarily dust off those rose tinted glasses for a short period  :no

Oh for the love of God, how many times do I have to repeat myself:

"I HATE THE OWNERS AS MUCH AS EVERYBODY ELSE"!!!

do you guys get it now please?

The difference is that I think Rafa is a bigger threat to the club, but that doesn't mean that I like the owners in any way. I want to get rid of them as well but Rafa first or maybe all of them at the same time.

Heimdell isnt it crystal clear that no-one gives a shít what you think?

Over the last few months you´re constant criticism of Rafa has blown away your credibility.

Now quieten down and watch from the sidelines.

Well you clearly give a sh1t, why else do you comment on my post???

So tell me again why Rafa is the greatest manager in the world ever ever ever, referring only to this season, I need a good laugh.
heimdall

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:cant people see that wanting a change of manager doesnt mean that fans arent behind also removing the owners ?  ???

here here.

And like saint above. why cant we talk about both?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a thread consisting of 760 pages of people wanting the owners out? - All discussions about ousting the owners are in there.

I hate the owners with a passion and want them out as much as the next man (or woman)

This is a thread about the possible change of a manger - so why can't that be debated in this thread?

Saint made the point a couple of pages back

From reading the papers it appears that we would have to find £16million cash to pay off Rafa immediately after sacking him, so I THINK he will still be here next season unless he walks. I DON'T BELIEVE HE WILL WALK as NO WHERE else will he be given the same control over a club as he has here, and NO WHERE else will he have such a ready excuse for all his mistakes as he has here.

So he could be here next season. This thread is debating that issue. not whether its more/less important issue than new owners.

In my view getting rid of the owners is the number one priority, and is more important.

But just because I post in this thread about rafa benitez, his misgivings and wanting him gone, does not mean I think he's the main culpuit and the owners are just a side issue.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:14 pm

bigmick wrote:No point in people falling out, there is probably more agreement than there has been in a while. Everyone agrees the owners are a pair of c...s who we really could do with seeing off. Everyone agrees that it would be easier to win things if we could just make a wishlist and sign every single player who takes our fancy. Everyone agrees Gerrard hasn't played at his best this season, and that we've been a bit unlucky with injuries.

Most people think that the manager won't be here next season. Some people will be happier about that than others because they rate him less than others, but if we do get new owners it's fairly obvious that they'll want to add value to their investment by bringing in a new manager. That to me is the "big" picture.

I think is coming a tad after the Lord Mayors Parade ,this advocating a need to respect each others proffered viewpoints, and if you like Mick I can liken the phrase "A Bigger Picture " to two very different windows of perception ,while not being complete opposites the distance between the two has been of late growing  distinctly wider , we can both see each others scenery and concur that it is not without its plus points ,but one window shows the whole picture ,and the other is obscured by walls either side with a shaft a light at the end ,not dissimilar to a tunnel in that respect

Now needless to say we both agree that no one is going to concede the moral high-ground ,but yet one window offers a much clearer view am I so disillusioned that I have chosen to look through this one    ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 pm

bigmick wrote:If he couldn't muster up a consistently decent showing with the backing he's had already, it is hard to envisage him doing so when he hasn't got the luxury of buying 20 million pound players each Summer then not playing them.

I thought we had a decent showing last season except for time when Keane was sulking on the bench.

But yes we know its unlikely that Rafa will continue next season. So next season Heimdall can bitch and moan about the next one "ruining" our club.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:16 pm

People have been carded and banned before for posting an opinion about the managers future in threads where they weren't supposed to. I'm not advocating that course of action of course as it was as utterly ridiculous then as it would be now, but this thread as RIW pointed out is not really about the ownership of the club.

As I said earlier, you can bet your life that each time the team underperforms to an extreme level (and defeats to Wigan and Lille certainly come into that category) then stories of a horrific nature about the future of the club hit the headlines. If it's not some mad Thai who is going to buy the club, it's some Arab who likes kicking the sh!t out of people. It's always either that, or the club have been talking to Glen Roeder as a potential new candidate for the managers job as he's the only one in World Football who'll take it on.

I don't buy it. Get a top manager in and tell him he has zero money to spend, but he can keep the players he already has. We'd launch a sustained title challenge next season, new owners or no new owners.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:18 pm

bigmick wrote:People have been carded and banned before for posting an opinion about the managers future in threads where they weren't supposed to. I'm not advocating that course of action of course as it was as utterly ridiculous then as it would be now, but this thread as RIW pointed out is not really about the ownership of the club.

As I said earlier, you can bet your life that each time the team underperforms to an extreme level (and defeats to Wigan and Lille certainly come into that category) then stories of a horrific nature about the future of the club hit the headlines. If it's not some mad Thai who is going to buy the club, it's some Arab who likes kicking the sh!t out of people. It's always either that, or the club have been talking to GHlen Roeder as a potential new candidate for the managers job as he's the only one in World Football who'll take it on.

I don't buy it. Get a top manager in and tell him he has zero money to spend, but he can keep the players he already has. We'd launch a sustained title challenge next season, new owners or no new owners.

What TOP manager would come if you told him he had zero budget ?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Tell me Igor, where are these new born & bred Red loving owners coming from ? Any new owners are not coming for the sea air at The Pier Head, they will be here to make money, first & last, that will be their priority.
Benitez has had his chance and blew it. No matter who the owners are (or will be) he is NEVER going to win a Prem title with his fantasy football attitude to the team & tactics.
If you want to shout obsenities at anyone then look to Moores & Parry - They are the real culprits in this farce. It was those two b@st@rds who sold the club's birthright. FCS they only had to look down the East Lancs to see how to run a club.
They never made a move to build a new stadium when it was affordable. The clubs assets are out on the pitch and they can run away when things turn bad. The bricks and mortar assets are not worth a carrot compared to the Mancs/Gunners/Chelsea.
Alright, we're stuck with a couple of Yank chancers but they're no worse than the previous grabbin b@st@rds. We can hope for some benevelent billionaire to turn up and wave his wand but that still doesn't excuse Benetiz' lack of ability or accumen.
It's time to get back to basics with the club and just pray we don't end up like Portsmouth.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:

scruffy  ???
inbred  ???

No i'm not a representative of SOS . I'm a member that is all and as i said quite clearly it was and is my personal opinion . Now run along . FECKIN SH!T STIRRING BELL.

No I'm not going anywhere, and quite honestly I am shocked my your racist and xenophobic remarks, I honestly thought you were better than that.
heimdall

Postby mart » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:What TOP manager would come if you told him he had zero budget ?

Steve McClaren :)
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion