Birmingham - the real game - Thursday is playtime

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby oldredeyes » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:59 pm

Lets not get carried away with the European game on Thursday - whatever the result is.
I'll be at Anfield, as usual, but to be quite honest I'd rather we just scrape through on Thursday night and play a blinder against Birmingham. GH is wrong to hype this second rate European contest up. We need a string of wins in the premiership and the other games can go and whistle for all I care. Lets be realistic, if Birmingham turn us over we can all pack our dreams away for another year. I can't believe I'm worried about beating a rubbish brummy team at home.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:08 pm

This is a comparison of last season's results with the current run of five games this season (obviously they weren't played in the same order last season) We took one point from those five games last season but have taken four from three games already this.

Last season

Fulham (a) Lost
Man Utd (h) Lost
Middlesboro (a) Lost
Birmingham (h) Drew
Newcastle (a) Lost

This season

Fulham (a) Won
Man Utd (h) Lost
Middlesboro (a) Drew
Birmingham (h)
Newcastle (a)

We've already made a far worse start to this season, losing at home to the three teams we should be competing for the Premiership with and woeful defeats at Charlton and Portsmouth. I think we're in for a rough ride this season with some nasty fixtures left to face and with us being capable of losing virtually any game aside

Man Utd (a)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (a)
Newcastle (a)

I think we'd be happy to take any points on offer from those games but defeats in all those games would leave us with a minimum of nine defeats this season. Anyway, to the point - we must start winning games at home against teams from 4th downwards. Losing to any of the top three sides at home is no disgrace but to lose to all three is pretty poor. Winning bread and butter home games is essential and we have most definitely lost that knack
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:35 am

WE WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN A THROW IN FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON IF GH STAYS :D
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:32 am

It is a crunch match - if we lose, Houllier should resign. Even if we win it isn't good enough. Some of the sides we failed to beat last season are embarrassing - Birmingham, Blackburn, Sunderland, Middlesboro, Crystal Palace, Ipswich, Basle - winning none of those 13 games is pretty bad
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:00 pm

He will never resign, he is to proud a man.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:56 pm

or too stupid. maybe he actually believes his own excuses, delusions de grandeur etc
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - Games