Progress, our squad, time, investment.. - And why we need a new manager.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:35 pm

Selling Keane without a replacement in his first title race sums up Rafa Benitez perfectly.

Politics and control comes first.

He lost me when he was managing the game over the phone from home.

But a control freak I can take, a manager who puts his ego and need for total control ahead of team success and puts the title chance at risk, should be cut loose.

Leaving Keane out after his goal against the gooners and then Bolton was a disgrace. Nothing left to debate. Send him to Madrid. Its what he is manouvering for anyway. He can take Kuyt with him.
tel

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:46 pm

elninonumber9 wrote:why didnt we make a move?

cause we have no money
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm a believer that if you give good players, short sharp instructions with a game plan they will go and carry it out. Sure there are times when they will get things wrong but what makes the good players is that they will correct it themselves during a game. Good players are able to spot oppositions strong and weak points DURING a game and adapt their own game to expose or nullify their opponents.

Rafa really doesnt allow for this "free" type of thinking and you can see he does it all for them, via tactics and formations coupled with his own hand signal sign language and detailed instruction for every out field player.

Works and is needed against top sides but when you dont let good players go for the kill against obviously weaker sides it really does look bad.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:18 pm

Another classic from the forum plageuriser! Even the guy who posted it in this thread (see link) actually CREDITED THE ORIGINAL POSTER

http://forums.lfconline.com/football-forum/82479-real-stats-2.html

I'm a believer (or at least the guy who wrote this is!!!) that if you give good players, short sharp instructions with a game plan they will go and carry it out. Sure there are times when they will get things wrong but what makes the good players is that they will correct it themselves during a game. Good players are able to spot oppositions strong and weak points DURING a game and adapt their own game to expose or nullify their opponents.

Rafa really doesnt allow for this "free" type of thinking and you can see he does it all for them, via tactics and formations coupled with his own hand signal sign language and detailed instruction for every out field player.

Works and is needed against top sides but when you dont let good players go for the kill against obviously weaker sides it really does look bad...
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 pm

so what if he got the post from another forum ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:43 pm

GYBS wrote:so what if he got the post from another forum ?

And then posted it as his own thoughts?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:43 pm

who cares ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:50 pm

GYBS wrote:who cares ?

Don't have a cow lad, spotting st.micks stolen posts has been a sport on this forum for years now. We all know he does it, he knows we know, and a few of us like to catch him out. It's no drama.

Although you might take a leaf out of his book now and then, I think you might even get some encouragement.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Scottbot wrote:
GYBS wrote:who cares ?

Don't have a cow lad, spotting st.micks stolen posts has been a sport on this forum for years now. We all know he does it, he knows we know, and a few of us like to catch him out. It's no drama.

Although you might take a leaf out of his book now and then, I think you might even get some encouragement.

Another good reason to cite sources on spiel, it also dodges having to defend words and sentiments that aren't your own - fun as that may be for us!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:57 pm

It will interesting to see how Villa do rest of this season and next season under MON, at the moment in his time at Villa he is farther ahead of Rafa was over the same time period (EPL only)
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Boocity wrote:It will interesting to see how Villa do rest of this season and next season under MON, at the moment in his time at Villa he is farther ahead of Rafa was over the same time period (EPL only)

should we get him in to manage our team for the LEague, Rafa for the Champions LEague and maybe someone else in for the FA Cup ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:Yep your right, the "100% know I'm right" line was b0ll0cks. I admitted that, it seemed sensible when I typed it but once it was pointed out and I read it back there was no defence. Done like a kipper there I'm afraid.  :(

It is though a fact "as far as I'm concerned", "in my eyes", "in my own little mind" and all that stuff that the Keane incident (sounds like a John Grisham book) has diminished Rafa's standing in my eyes. He appears to me to be doing things for his own benefit as opposed to for the benefit of the team.

I think (only my opinion this time) that he thinks the club will be sold soon, and the quicker he can get himself a contract signed the better off he is. That way, if any new owners want to get rid of him he's in for a big chunky pay off. He can go to whichever is his next club with a big fat wadge of cash in his back pocket. If he doesn't get a new contract, he may be staring down the gun barrel at only a one year pay-off. This is why (I think anyway) he has shown such a remarkable urgency to get his contract sorted. This is particularly the case as for the first time in his managerial career at Liverpool we were top of the league. It was (IMHO) a case of "feck winning the thing, lets get the contract sorted and sharpish".

No facts, and quite a damning opinion of the man I admit. It is though my opinion, although I do realise it is quite controversial and probably offensive to some. For that I'm sorry, I'm not deliberately trying to p!ss people off here. It's simply how I see it.

I agree with you mate (even the 100%bollox part  :D ) I think you probably meant you felt you were 100% correct in your own mind ........when you wrote it....... not that you were 100% right.

The thing is if Rafa felt so strongly about Keane and how much we had paid etc etc , why wait till we are top of the league half way through the season, why not have the balls to say what he thought when we had just bought him?

And you know that he never how exactly ?

Is it cus Mick is 100% sure that he didnt ?

No I know because Mick had already posted saying exactly that.

That's 100% right, "in my own mind" Taff     Fair point there mate, I'll give you that one.

It was a bit of poor humour mate which obviously flew straight over your head.

Maybe we need a "this is a joke smilie" to go with the sarcasm one ......... or maybe I just need to get a better line in jokes.  :down:
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:30 pm

s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:Yep your right, the "100% know I'm right" line was b0ll0cks. I admitted that, it seemed sensible when I typed it but once it was pointed out and I read it back there was no defence. Done like a kipper there I'm afraid.  :(

It is though a fact "as far as I'm concerned", "in my eyes", "in my own little mind" and all that stuff that the Keane incident (sounds like a John Grisham book) has diminished Rafa's standing in my eyes. He appears to me to be doing things for his own benefit as opposed to for the benefit of the team.

I think (only my opinion this time) that he thinks the club will be sold soon, and the quicker he can get himself a contract signed the better off he is. That way, if any new owners want to get rid of him he's in for a big chunky pay off. He can go to whichever is his next club with a big fat wadge of cash in his back pocket. If he doesn't get a new contract, he may be staring down the gun barrel at only a one year pay-off. This is why (I think anyway) he has shown such a remarkable urgency to get his contract sorted. This is particularly the case as for the first time in his managerial career at Liverpool we were top of the league. It was (IMHO) a case of "feck winning the thing, lets get the contract sorted and sharpish".

No facts, and quite a damning opinion of the man I admit. It is though my opinion, although I do realise it is quite controversial and probably offensive to some. For that I'm sorry, I'm not deliberately trying to p!ss people off here. It's simply how I see it.

I agree with you mate (even the 100%bollox part  :D ) I think you probably meant you felt you were 100% correct in your own mind ........when you wrote it....... not that you were 100% right.

The thing is if Rafa felt so strongly about Keane and how much we had paid etc etc , why wait till we are top of the league half way through the season, why not have the balls to say what he thought when we had just bought him?

That's 100% right, "in my own mind" Taff     Fair point there mate, I'll give you that one.

Maybe we need a "this is a joke smilie" to go with the sarcasm one ......... or maybe I just need to get a better line in jokes.  :down:

ITs funny how many times your posts are explained away as jokes or mis-quotes of other people when challenged.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:

ITs funny how many times your posts are explained away as jokes or mis-quotes of other people when challenged.

Like when? ....... wtf are you on about now?
account deleted by request

Postby Boocity » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:59 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Boocity wrote:It will interesting to see how Villa do rest of this season and next season under MON, at the moment in his time at Villa he is farther ahead of Rafa was over the same time period (EPL only)

should we get him in to manage our team for the LEague, Rafa for the Champions LEague and maybe someone else in for the FA Cup ?

Well you cannot include the UCL because they arent in it. As for the FA cup we will have to see when we get past Everton and if they beat Doncaster  :p
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion