LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Keris » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:29 am

peewee wrote:Image

Rafa was telling Kuyt to score with his calf/shin again  :eyebrow  :buttrock  :bowdown
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:05 am

nice one keris :laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby samurai3000 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:37 am

lol raf the fat potatoe
samurai3000

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:13 am

What a great win! Really deserved aswell. We just seemed to want it way more than the mancs, as we kept getting at them each time they were on the ball. Both Mascher and Alonso were great and instrumental in this, but so were players like Kuyt and Keane pressuring from the front. Also a lot of praise to Riera, who played very well on his first outing. All in all I'm tremendously happy about our performance, and I hope we can build on this and go from strength to strength  :;):
JamCar05

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:17 am

samurai3000 wrote:lol raf the fat potatoe

why do u call him that. i know u were kidding but some here may take offence to it.  :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:21 am

Keris wrote:
peewee wrote:Image

Rafa was telling Kuyt to score with his calf/shin again  :eyebrow  :buttrock  :bowdown

As opposed to passing to set up the winning goal  :p  :buttrock  :bowdown
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:26 am

Still buzzing after the weekend to be honest. As I said before the game started, I had a good feeling about the game if Gerrard and Torres didn't play because that meant that other people would probably step up to the plate. Alonso for example seems to always take more responsibility and raise his game went Gerrard isn't in the side, for example Everton in 2005/6 when Gerrard got sent off or Juventus away in the CL when Gerrard was injured.

The first 15 minutes aside I though we completely dominated the game. The goal was a really poor one to concede but after that, apart from a Tevez half chance and the Giggs volley, United created nothing. After seeing Rooney destroy Croatia midweek I was personally delighted (and baffled) to see Rooney playing wide right.

Anyway back to us. Mascherano was absolutely immense as usual, Kuyt had his best game in ages (hardly a coincidence that it came playing in his proper position), Riera showed a lot of promise in glimpses, although he'll need to get used to the physical side of the English game. Keane also had his best game for us so far.

So all in all a great day but not getting too carried away. We had 10 points after 4 games last season then proceeded to throw it all away with poor team selection and performances in the next two games. We need to make sure that Stoke next week is not another Birmingham from last year. Play our strongest team and blitz them. The vital first team players can then be rested against Crewe in the midweek game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:39 am

What a great game for us. Went to watch it round a Man U supporters house. Was absolutley gutted when they scored. But our lads showed alot of character. Reira looked quality. My mate had gone to the bog when babel scored, he could hear me cheering and shouted NOOOOO! LOL!  :D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 am

It must have been said - JUST FOR ONCE AGAINST UNITED WE HAD THE LUCK - still laughing at the own goal and the quality of Ryan's grounded shot! Just wish it had been Gary Neville's shin it rebounded off!! What the fk was that prat doing in Liverpool's directors box?  I wouldn't allow him in the ground but I am delighted he got to see the game!  Fully deserved to win though and made them look very poor. MASCHERANO WAS SPECIAL IN THE SECOND HALF! Real signs of life from Babbel as well.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:34 am

:D  :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 am

stmichael wrote:Image

:D  :buttrock

:laugh:
Totally skinned him there!! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:45 am

devaney wrote:It must have been said - JUST FOR ONCE AGAINST UNITED WE HAD THE LUCK - still laughing at the own goal and the quality of Ryan's grounded shot! Just wish it had been Gary Neville's shin it rebounded off!! What the fk was that prat doing in Liverpool's directors box?  I wouldn't allow him in the ground but I am delighted he got to see the game!  Fully deserved to win though and made them look very poor. MASCHERANO WAS SPECIAL IN THE SECOND HALF! Real signs of life from Babbel as well.

Ok well the O/G was a bit of luck maybe but without Riera putting pressure on them it would'nt have happened.As for Babels goal,I dont think it was lucky one bit!
It was a horrible ball to hit,it was bobbling as it came to him and he swung his boot across the top of the ball,if he'd have hit it in the middle or bottom it probably would have ended up in row Z.He done the right thing and scored!

That IMO was not a lucky win,we were vastly superior for the majority of the game and made them look like sh'ite!
Call it lucky if ya like but it would have been a total travesty if we never took all 3 points from that match.Credit to the lot of our boys....amazing performance!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:53 pm

I disagree that the OG was "lucky", it was poor goalkeeping and if our keeper had let one through his hands I doubt anyone would have said we were unlucky.

The key thing was the mancs didn't get their usual lion's share of the luck and we got a deserved win. Still it was only a win over the side 14th in the Premiership so we shouldn't get too carried away :D
Last edited by Owzat on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:29 pm

:;):
Very good win, and we hope the performances will continue to improve. Alonso, Mascherano, and Babel were outstanding, however, Kuyt and Benayoun needs to improve a lot more.
jedwards

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Haven't see Fo Dne in here maybe cos he hasn't got any thing to moan about and fact he slaged of babel and kuyt and tbh they did a big thing in winnger this game for us.

Bet he feels sick shame on him.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion