THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - AC MILAN VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kunilson » Thu May 24, 2007 10:38 pm

at least matthewharding praised us and wished us luck, good on him....the thing about our luck in 2005 is matter of opinion.....i guess..

one thing i liked about the match was when, Kaka did that 360 spin skill to get a huge cheer from the crowd and the c0ck sucking from the commentators commenced....and then xabi returned the favour and the pub i was in erupted as if we'd just scored, was a nice moment.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu May 24, 2007 10:48 pm

morbo_2 wrote:Another Milan fan here (not here to wind anyone up, don't worry).
I just wanted to say that your players played their hearts out, and really gave Milan a good fight. I sort of know what some of you guys are going through right now, having experienced similar emotions 2 years ago, and it's easy to be bitter, and openly criticize Rafa, the Milan players, the ref, UEFA, etc., but that's just downright unclassy. Football is a man's game, and real men act with class and dignity. Basically, my message is this, you guys should be proud of your players for their fine performance.
Having said all that, good job in making it to your 2nd finals in 3 years, and the best of luck in pursuing that 6th trophy (or the 19th, whichever comes first :)!)

Yours truly,
morbo_2

p.s : I hope my words did not offend anyone, as that was truly not my intention.

I'm sure your words offended nobody.

Congratulations Milan - 7 times champions of europe  :)

I will look forward to playing Milan in the final again sometime soon.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SoppMeister » Thu May 24, 2007 10:50 pm

kunilson wrote:at least matthewharding praised us and wished us luck, good on him....the thing about our luck in 2005 is matter of opinion.....i guess..

one thing i liked about the match was when, Kaka did that 360 spin skill to get a huge cheer from the crowd and the c0ck sucking from the commentators commenced....and then xabi returned the favour and the pub i was in erupted as if we'd just scored, was a nice moment.

I actually though Xabi's was better too...
SoppMeister

Postby Emerald Red » Thu May 24, 2007 11:04 pm

I just wanted to say that your players played their hearts out, and really gave Milan a good fight. I sort of know what some of you guys are going through right now, having experienced similar emotions 2 years ago, and it's easy to be bitter, and openly criticize Rafa, the Milan players, the ref, UEFA, etc., but that's just downright unclassy. Football is a man's game, and real men act with class and dignity. Basically, my message is this, you guys should be proud of your players for their fine performance.
Having said all that, good job in making it to your 2nd finals in 3 years, and the best of luck in pursuing that 6th trophy (or the 19th, whichever comes first :)!)

Yours truly,
morbo_2

p.s : I hope my words did not offend anyone, as that was truly not my intention.

Your words certainly havn't offended anyone. It's certainly gracious of any fan of the opposition to come on a forum and offer luck for the future instead of condolence, in a non-sarcastic manner. Thank you. I know other AC fan are coming in here and throwing a few jabs in here and there, but that comes with the package of being in the final. It's those other c*nts from other LESSER teams that have no right to say anything, especially to two historically succesful teams in the competition.

Forza Liverpool!
Forza Milan!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri May 25, 2007 12:23 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:Oh, have those f*ckers been banned now? And to think I went to the bother of making this. :rasp

lol Ivor - your a talented smarty pants  :D
Last edited by zarababe on Fri May 25, 2007 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri May 25, 2007 12:29 am

Yours truly,
morbo_2

Thank you  :)

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 25, 2007 12:30 am

Kakakaka wrote:All i have to say is...

Yes yes, and that scarf is the closest Everton will ever get to a Champions League final.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri May 25, 2007 12:32 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
MASTER wrote:Why is no pointing out the facts here alonso made a STUPID challenge on KAKA and they scored a DEFLECTED goal by INZAGHI so stop blaming Kewell, Rafa or the ref, also Carra and Stevie G looked nervous.

However on a side note we need to get rid of Kuyt (Hard worker but useless CF) and Bellamy (Injury prone and bad attitude), so how about Inzaghi and Bent/Defoe.

You mean when Kaka dived?

..and when the resulting goal was scored with Inzahgi's 'arm'  :no

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 25, 2007 12:34 am

so how about Inzaghi

He's 33 years old.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri May 25, 2007 8:57 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:Oh, have those f*ckers been banned now? And to think I went to the bother of making this. :rasp

Thats great, what programme do you use to do that  :bowdown
destro

Postby technopunk » Fri May 25, 2007 3:50 pm

Respect to all Liverpool fans! Reds rule!

Cheers!

A Liverpool supporter from Bosnia

:buttrock
technopunk

Postby Soul » Sat May 26, 2007 10:33 am

I still feel gutted like a catfish from last Wednesday...
Jan Mølby: 'Liverpool have a soul'
Soul

Postby Soul » Sat May 26, 2007 11:01 pm

Liverpool have a soul and it did not die last Wednesday. We'll be back stronger than ever in the upcoming season.
Soul

Postby Santa » Sun May 27, 2007 6:16 am

Chrissy wrote:
peewee wrote:number two is rafa, yes folks rafa is not the tactical genius you all think he is, yes he is good but he is far from great. lets take last night for example, its obvious we need to change in order to get something, he brings kewell on for zenden (who shouldnt have even been on the pitch to start with), then he waits until 12 minutes from the end to add another striker, wtf is he thinking? rafa that tops this substituting masterstroke by bringing on arbeloa  ???   we needed to score an he brings on arbeloa rather that bellamy to run at their forwards hopefully causing panic.

I think the reason he brough Arbeloa on was because Finnan looked tired and someone needed to overlap pennant in order to get the crosses in for Crouch - Pennant didnt seem capable of doing so. I thought this was a good substitution, it was a fresh pair of legs, i saw him burst forward a couple of times, and no it didnt pay off, but give Rafa credit where credits due, out team was on top most of the night and we have been and the finals of 3 trophies in as many years, we have won two of them.
I do hope, though, that average players such as Zenden do leave the club and make way for some good, quality players who are passionate about Liverpool and want to get us where we should be - top of the league and champions of europe.[B

first thing he should do was to bring out Zenden (who couldn't do sh~it the entire night) for Crouch and push Riise further up front. Milan played narrow and have no wide players to threaten us all night. Mascherano had Kaka and Pirlo in his pocket so should never be an option to take him out. All post match analysis agreed that was a grave mistake. Kaka never had so much space the entire night until Mascherano was substituted. The second goal would never had happened but since there was no player inside 5 yards to take on Kaka, he was able to thread the killer pass to sealed our night. The old legs of Milan will not be able to withstand if we were to push forward in numbers, yet Rafa decided to bring in a player who is a known big match failure and desperately short of match fitness, another defender and a striker who the opposition feared for only a 10 minutes cameo. I'm sorry but not for the first time Rafa got it all messed up. I will still back him 100% but he must shoulder the blame for the defeat as Milan was there to be beaten that night and number 6 should be in our cabinet by now.

Anyone noticed Carra was struggling during the match? The first goal was a result of his poor clerance but the second was definately his mistake as he was the one to pick up the run of Inzaghi but his legs totally gave up on him by then.

Great journey till the final and I'm sure the Mancs and CSKA Chevski would kill for a night like this. Take a good rest lads and go for no.19 next season...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soul » Mon May 28, 2007 11:25 am

Best thing we can do is hold our heads up high and pray Liverpool win the Premiership and CL soon again.
Soul

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion