Paul anderson out on loan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:59 am

Liverpool have confirmed that winger Paul Anderson will spend next season on loan at League One Swansea City.

The pacey 19-year-old is yet to make his first team debut at Anfield but manager Rafa Benitez will loan him out to gain experience in a competitive first-team environment.

Swansea City are expected to be promotion-chasers this season in the third tier of English football and will have the services of Anderson until May 3 2008, although this could be extended if the club reach the playoffs.

Anderson signed for Liverpool from Hull City in January 2006, having previously been released from West Brom.

Benitez will be aware of his talents as Anderson was part of the FA Youth Cup winning Liverpool side of 2006, and has been capped by England at Under-19 level four times, scoring once.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:16 am

Well he is still only 19 and there dosent look to be much chance of Rafa giving him a run out, although from what i have seen of him he looks like he could be a very good player.

If a year down at Swansea dosent toughen him up nothing will
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:41 am

good player. will be interested to see how he goes. good to see rafa loaning out some of our better players to get some first team experiance
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:53 am

I thought he had disappeared of the face of the earth.
Hasnt been seen in pre-season friendlies which is a bit worrying.
Lets hope the year at Swansea gives him the platform to show what he can do, he certainlt stood out in the youth cup final win a couple of years ago.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:53 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I thought he had disappeared of the face of the earth.
Lets hope the year at Swansea gives him the platform to show what he can do, he certainlt stood out in the youth cup final win a couple of years ago.

Yeh agreed ace, does it mean that he isn't good enough?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pokster » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:16 pm

Sorry. Off topic a little bit here. Looking at the current Leeds United situation. Do you think we should loan some of our youth players to them? They currently have only 14 players on their books, which includes trialists and players who were out of contracts.

This would provide a platform for our kids to shine and at the same time, toughen them up for the future.

Just my two cents.
pokster

Postby YAWL » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:24 pm

mungi wrote:good player. will be interested to see how he goes. good to see rafa loaning out some of our better players to get some first team experiance

I agree will be good for him to get some experience.

However how many of our players that we have loaned out have come back to force their way into the first team?  Usually we loan players to clubs in the divisions below (Carson to Charlton one of the few exceptions)... I don' think this does much good for them.  Certainly loaning Le Tallec and Pongolle to the club in the French Second division did nothing for thier progression.

Arsenal and Man U get youngsters and play them.  We get them, loan them out and their talent is hindered more often than not.
YAWL

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:43 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I thought he had disappeared of the face of the earth.

He was loaned out a while ago before we even played any games, and I do not know why this news is being reported now, maybe it just got extended to a whole year
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:47 pm

On 7 July 2007, it was reported Anderson was set to join League One side Swansea City on a season-long loan, and on 16 July Swansea confirmed he had joined the club on a season-long loan. [1]
On 26 July 2006, Anderson extended his contract with Liverpool by 3 years meaning he will be at Anfield at least until 2010.

He hit the crossbar with a shot over the weekend when he came on as a sub.
JoeTerp

Postby Paul C » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:30 pm

Looks a good player from what I've seen, fingers crossed he's not ANOTHER young player bought by Rafa who never gets a sniff at first team football ??? :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion