Paul anderson - Lets not get carried away here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:48 pm

Garymac wrote:But this is where i see Anderson getting a go 1st as you know what your getting at the moment, im sure that will come to Hammill but Anderson is the safer bet where as Hammill could be a gamble at the moment but im sure that will change the more he spends with the 1st team and the likes of Gerrard.

Its known that rafa is a big fan of Hammill, he tried to get him with the 1st team squad months before he eventually did as Mccauley didnt think he was ready for the step up yet.

I also think Anderson is highly rated not only by us but by Rafa too. Otherwise he wouldnt have exchanged John Welsh, who was almost on the fringe of the first team at one point, to get Anderson from Hull.

FWIW out of all the youngsters I've seen, the most promising was Barragan, so it was a smart move for us to put a buy-back clause in his contract when he left for Spain.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Garymac » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:10 pm

Cheers Judge, just been spending less time posting, after last pre season and what its like during the transfer window i just thought id take a back seat, it can get a bit of a pain, prefer it a lot more during the season, hence me returning now!

Also i cant get on the forum in work so that doesnt help, my seat is behind my boss!!

Your not wrong Mike, Barragan looked great for the reserves, a club paying close to 2 million for a player with nothing but a sub apperance as experiance says it all. Ive always thought, to be honest, that he was Finnans long term replacement.

My thinking is this though, rafa knows at the moment Right back isnt important, we are well covered, 2 million for an at least 3rd choice right back is good money, great money in fact, money Rafa can use to spend on parts of the team (right wing and upfront) where it needs strenthening possibly.

Rafa then installs a buy back clause meaning if or when he needs a right back, he can get a top class youngster for a reasonable price.

This is a very shrewd and very smart bit of business from the gaffer, if this of course is his thinking  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:35 am

Garymac wrote:Cheers Judge, just been spending less time posting, after last pre season and what its like during the transfer window i just thought id take a back seat, it can get a bit of a pain, prefer it a lot more during the season, hence me returning now!

Also i cant get on the forum in work so that doesnt help, my seat is behind my boss!!

Your not wrong Mike, Barragan looked great for the reserves, a club paying close to 2 million for a player with nothing but a sub apperance as experiance says it all. Ive always thought, to be honest, that he was Finnans long term replacement.

My thinking is this though, rafa knows at the moment Right back isnt important, we are well covered, 2 million for an at least 3rd choice right back is good money, great money in fact, money Rafa can use to spend on parts of the team (right wing and upfront) where it needs strenthening possibly.

Rafa then installs a buy back clause meaning if or when he needs a right back, he can get a top class youngster for a reasonable price.

This is a very shrewd and very smart bit of business from the gaffer, if this of course is his thinking  :D

i rang rafa and told him what to do, and voila  :D

glad your back gary. In the meantime, if your behind the boss you can use the computer, unless he has eyes in the back of his head :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:44 am

Judge wrote:
Garymac wrote:Cheers Judge, just been spending less time posting, after last pre season and what its like during the transfer window i just thought id take a back seat, it can get a bit of a pain, prefer it a lot more during the season, hence me returning now!

glad your back gary. In the meantime, if your behind the boss you can use the computer, unless he has eyes in the back of his head :D

Anyone know how much his buy out cluase will be roughly ?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:59 am

bavlondon wrote:
Judge wrote:

Anyone know how much his buy out cluase will be roughly ?

40 squillion
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:38 am

Hahaha sorry Judge is at behind me and on an angle so she can see everything on my screen, its a fu*king pain!

We move buildings in September so hopefully ill be sat in a better seat!

Anyways not got a clue on Barragans buy back clause but hopefully the person who negotiated Bellamys 6 million clause, negotiated this one as well!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:48 am

Garymac wrote:Hahaha sorry Judge is at behind me and on an angle so she can see everything on my screen, its a fu*king pain!

We move buildings in September so hopefully ill be sat in a better seat!

Anyways not got a clue on Barragans buy back clause but hopefully the person who negotiated Bellamys 6 million clause, negotiated this one as well!

your boss is a bird. well then, promise her you'll go down on her if she'll let you browse the internet - problems solved matey  :idea   :wwww

you can get more useful advice at

www.getgoodadvicefromjudge.co.uk

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Um Ba » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:35 pm

:eyebrow
Um Ba

Postby tommycockles » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:48 pm

a good topic pulled into the gutter by judge!! :D
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:50 pm

it is good to see the academy producing some players capable of making it into the first team.

in todays market you are taking of millions saved if the academy do there job , gerrard carra in the first team now would have cost us 30 mill from other prem clubs.

one of the many things i love about rafa is that he is really positive about the youth of the club and unlike gh makes them feel like they are part of the future and that they might make it as they get to train with the first team if they are good enough
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby joko » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:50 pm

just seen the replay vs wrexham
think anderson played well, but not extraordinarily enough to relate his goal to a possibility of psuhing him to a more regular performance in the main team, too early and may be dangerous for his future.
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:29 pm

Definately one coming through for the future.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:26 pm

i think yes what about you

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:38 am

Lets not get carried away? Wasn't we told the same about Owen, Fowler and Mcmanaman? If the lad is good enough then put him in. We have been told constantly by Rafa that we need a right winger and the arrival of Pennant is certaintly going to help but what I've seen of Anderson I think he could be a real star. If he doesn't get his chance he will move on to another club and maybe turn out to be one of the world's greatest wingers, so I think we have to give him a go.

On the othere hand signing Pennant means Rafa is trying to get 2 world class teams and with the likes of Anderson and Hammill coming through we have options down the right. We also have Garcia, Kromkamp and Stevie G who can go out on the right. I don't think you sign a player like Pennant to sit in the reserves so he is first choice on the right and if Anderson is as good as he has made out to be it can only be a matter of time before he gets his chance.

So yes we shoudln't get carried away but he does look to have a bright future and I would personally give him and a few more of our youth cup winning side ago this season.
Last edited by Billy_5_Times on Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion