Paul anderson - Swap for john welsh

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lee_297 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Hull teenager Paul Anderson is set for a permanent move to Liverpool in a swap deal that will see John Welsh head in the opposite direction.

Welsh, currently on loan with the Championship outfit, will make the switch permanent when the transfer window reopens in January in exchange for highly-rated prospect Anderson.

It seemed a deal for Anderson was off last week following ongoing behind-the-scenes discussions at Anfield about how much Liverpool should spend on untried reserve players.

But, after the Reds improved their offer for the 17-year-old, who impressed during a trial at Anfield earlier in the season, a swap deal involving Welsh was struck.

Hull chairman Adam Pearson was keen to avoid a situation whereby Anderson would be free to leave the KC Stadium when his scholarship runs out in the summer, with a fee then set by a tribunal.

Pearson said: "We don't want to lose Paul, but neither do we want to be in a situation whereby he moves to Liverpool when his scholarship expires and then we receive pittance for him at a tribunal. The fact is he wants to join Liverpool and will now do so on January in a swap for John Welsh. The ideal scenario would be to keep Paul and sign John permanently as well, but it's not to be."

"However, we feel we've got an excellent player in John Welsh, who is playing regular first-team football for Hull City and the England Under-21 side."

Anderson is expected to sign a two-year deal with the European champions.

Pearson revealed the deal will involve a "substantial" sell-on clause and other appearance-related payments which could signal a significant windfall for the Tigers should Anderson fulfil his considerable potential at Anfield.

Teamtalk.com

Anyone heard if this kids any good?
lee_297

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:16 pm

What does anyone know about this youngster sounds really good, and he is english.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:02 pm

All ive heard is that the deal for him is apparently 200k going up to 450k depending on performance plus welsh of course.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:08 pm

HHmmm.. Losing Welsh is that good? ???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:24 pm

Dundalk wrote:HHmmm.. Losing Welsh is that good? ???

I dont think he was progressing at the same rate as before, if you look back to the carling cup he was never one of the youths involved.

I think rafa and paco have been working hard on the reserve and youth teams and have a good idea on whos the up and coming talents.

Hopefully this lad will succed.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:37 pm

Dundalk wrote:HHmmm.. Losing Welsh is that good? ???

In a word, yes. Welsh just didnt become the player a lot of people thought he would a few years back, but this Anderson sounds quality, if they think John welsh an english under 21 is a step down from this lad, then it bolds well for the future for us. Welsh seems to have found his level and a good club at Hull and if he does sign permenently then i wish him all the best.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:25 am

It is from TeamTalk, though.
I know we've been linked, but there's nothing official yet. Anderson is a prospect, nothing more. I hope he comes and becomes a top player.
BTW - Welsh was wasting his time here. No way would he even make the bench. Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Hamann, Zenden, etc.
Not a chance.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:55 am

How's Welsh been doing for Hull? Has anyone seen them play? I always check the scorers in the sunday papers - he scored two in a game in september but nothing since.
I was hoping he might do a Danny Murphy. Danny Murphy signed for us as an up and coming star but didn't make the impact. When he was loaned back to Crewe, I thought he was finished with us. Then low and behold, he came back transformed scoring 10 goals in his first season back (and helping us to the treble).
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:30 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:BTW - Welsh was wasting his time here. No way would he even make the bench. Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Hamann, Zenden, etc.
Not a chance.

Thats exactly right, we have far too much quality in centre midfield for Welsh to get a look in.
He has always looked decent for England u21's (the only real chance i get to see him play)
And i remember him coming off the bench away to Spurs in the carling cup and playing brilliantly, but this deal looks good for both parties.
We get a promising winger and Welsh gets regular first team football with quite a big championship club...also under a decent manager.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:43 pm

Welsh is a prospect but if he was going to make it with the club he probably would have done by now. I've heard some good things about this lad Anderson so lets hope he makes the grade.

I have been very impressed with Rafa's policy of filling the reserve squad with young talent from England and the rest of Europe. If just 2 or 3 from Carson, Hobbs, Antwi, Calliste, Barragan, Anderson etc then i'll be well happy.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:16 am

The reserve set up is probably the best it's ever been. Rafa has made a simple yet monumental change there.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:51 am

There goes my source. :(

Haha, good lad Welshy, at 18 looked a cert to make it, very David Batty like, unfortunately didn't look like he reached the required level. I saw him for Hull and he looks decent, nothing special, as a kid, the lad was magic though, make no mistake.

From what i've heard this Barragan kid and Hobbs are the two with MASSIVE potential. Apparently they are both proper footballers with good alround ability.

Two years time and its Sami's and Finnan's replacements sorted...

Warnock, Hobbs, Carragher, Barragan... :D lol
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:59 am

There's also Besian Idrizaj, Miki Roque and Adam Hammil who have been playing well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:40 pm

Apparantly it's a done deal now. But I wouldn't sell your knackers on the strength of that statement as it's from the media!!!!!

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:03 pm

It's on .tv's headlines now.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion