Scott carson and paul anderson - New contracts

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:39 am

carson has signed a new five year contact according to the bbc. paul anderson has also signed a four year deal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/5216254.stm

interesting, considering that i heard rumours this week that portsmouth wanted to sign carson for somewhere in the region of £4m. personally i'd have snapped their hands off at that price.

dudek must be on his way out now surely? depending on whether we are still interested in kuyt or not i wouldn't be surprised to see him thrown in as part of the deal.

as for anderson, just chuffed for the lad.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:09 am

Anderson's extended his contract too, according to BBC...

Carson & Anderson sign new deals 

Liverpool duo Scott Carson and Paul Anderson have signed new improved contracts with the Anfield club.

Carson, 20, England's third goalkeeper at the World Cup, has extended his contract by two years to pledge his future to the club until 2011.

Winger Anderson, 18, part of Liverpool's FA Youth Cup-winning side last season, has extended his deal by three years - taking him to 2010.

Anderson joined Liverpool from Hull in January after a successful trial.

He has figured in both of Liverpool's first-team friendlies this season and scored an impressive goal against Wrexham earlier this month.

Carson, who had a spell on loan at Sheffield Wednesday last season, is likely to be Jose Reina's understudy this campaign.

He travelled to Germany as England back-up to Paul Robinson and David James after injury ruled Robert Green out of the World Cup.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:10 am

On Sky Sports News it says that Anderson has also signed a new 4 year deal.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:10 am

i have edited the topic title :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:14 am

fantastic news.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:17 am

Great news, especially anderson getting a new contract. I always thought carson was on his way out, glad hes signed his new contract though i never really wanted him to leave, reina with carson as his backup sounds good to me
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:19 am

Carson would befit from being a first team regular somewhere, too be honest I don’t have confidence in him as a number 2 yet, I think we should keep Dudek as back up to Reina and give Carson a season out on loan were he can get first team football.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:22 am

yeah goat, it mentions carson as reina's understudy.. so its only a matter of time before we wish jerzy dudek farewell. in at the deep end is best, imo. lets just hope we dont have a repeat of the 'hype' surrounding kirkland again. and just let the lad have some rope to get on with it. good luck to him.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:40 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Carson would befit from being a first team regular somewhere, too be honest I don’t have confidence in him as a number 2 yet, I think we should keep Dudek as back up to Reina and give Carson a season out on loan were he can get first team football.

Most Sheffield Wednesday fans i know were desperate for Carson to go back there on loan. They credit him for saving them from relegation because before he joined them last season they were leaking in goals but he made there defence a lot stronger and they rate him very highly.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:48 am

Chuffed for them. Especially Paul Anderson because I'm sure this lad has a bright future and it won't be long until he is in the first team. Carson is also promising, he show he could live up to his reputation and perform on the big occasion (i.e. against juve). Both I believe have the potential to become top players. It's good to see Rafa tying our future down.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:54 am

Excellent news :D
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:02 pm

i think the fact that these two have been tied down long term is an indication of the new FIFA rules which are going to come in with regards to having a certain number of homegrown players in each teams squad.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:19 pm

Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

I wonder if teams will be buying pretty much any homegrown player to bolster their ranks if that rule comes in.

In our case, looking at the youth team, we're at least going to have some good quality making up our quota.
ivor_the_injun

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:49 pm

Glad to here this news. It shows how far we've come since GH's days of forgetting that youth players exist and do have a place in the modern squad. Glad to see Carson getting a reward for his excellent form last season out on loan. I had a funny feeling with all of the speculation regarding him that we'd end up cashing in on him and then regretting it in seasons to come.
Admittedly i've only seen a little bit of Anderson in the FA youth cup and the goal in pre-season but he does look like one for the future and I think we'll deffo see him pushing for a 1st team place.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:35 pm

stmichael wrote:i have edited the topic title :D

How many PM's have you received from people wanting you to change the topic of their thread from last close season entitled "Please GOD NO to Crouch" to "Please god let us sign Crouch".
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion