Paul anderson - Feedback

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:15 am

Paul Anderson looks to be a real star in the making,did you see that overhead kick that hit the bar,superb technique,very unlucky not to score,I'm sure Rafa must have been impressed! :)

I think it was said in the commentary that they often train with the senior squad and that Stevie G quipped that they have a job trying to catch Anderson! :D

Antwi looked to have a good presence about him at centre back as well..
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:21 am

Whats going on they whipped better crosses in the box than the first team and where alot better at set pieces than them  :oh:  :D
Anderson was superb, LOL @ WBA turning him down, Chelsea, The Manc and Gunners would have been in for him had they spotted him.
He ran the show, as Gary says he should get his chance before the end of the season when we have the CL wrapped up. Barnett done very well there was 2-3 players that will step up to the first team very soon.
Roque done well when he came on also, where was Barragan and Calliste are they injured?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:22 am

I didn't get to see this last night but it's great hearing that there is some excellent prospects in that side. If we get players anywhere near the quality of Carra and Owen out of it I'll be made up.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:46 am

Ciggy wrote:Whats going on they whipped better crosses in the box than the first team and where alot better at set pieces than them  :oh:  :D
Anderson was superb, LOL @ WBA turning him down, Chelsea, The Manc and Gunners would have been in for him had they spotted him.
He ran the show, as Gary says he should get his chance before the end of the season when we have the CL wrapped up. Barnett done very well there was 2-3 players that will step up to the first team very soon.
Roque done well when he came on also, where was Barragan and Calliste are they injured?

Cigs my mistake about Barragan, think he is a year to old for the youth team, i mentioned him because when him and Anderson have played down the right for the reserves they have been fantastic, Barnetts delivery is as good as any you will see in the prem, im sure you will agree Cigs the lad puts a great ball into the box, doesnt offer anything much more than that and stability but i wouldnt mind seeing him whipping some of them on to crouch's bonce! The lads rough at the moment but with the right training he could be a great little player.

Lando, agree 2nd half the center halfs got caught out a bit on the ground but in the air Antwi as a monster! But the 2 lads upfront im guessing must be the best center forwards they will come up against at this level, looked good sturridge and the other lad, think we will see them play much better in the 2nd leg and defo knocking on the door of the 1st team at City next season. Wouldnt mind the Reds poaching one of those 2 meself!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:23 am

I dont think we need a new right winger anymore... :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:50 am

anti-hero

I wouldn't disagree with you on that. At least I don't think we need to go out and spend a fortune on a young superstar (i.e. £15m+ for Joaquin). A good stop gap for a couple of seasons with Anderson fazed in too the side would suit me. Go out and get Pennant for £4m and we are laughing!! :laugh:
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:03 pm

i only caught the second half, saw brief highlights of our goals in the 1st half, but Paul Anderson looks brilliant....good talent, some work on him and we got a great prospect right there.

I was also impressed with Adam Hamill, he reminded me a bit of Gerrard the way he moves, and opens up players around him....and he's got a good long-range shot too. I thought Flynn & Barrett's work-rate was fantastic, and they caused alot of problems....and although they were a bit shaky at the back at times, someone mentioned Hobbs, who is very good, and has been in previous matches and i thought Antwi did quite well too. That triple save, twice off the line by Antwi and a great reaction save by Roberts.....and the Anderson scissor kick were the highlights of the 2nd half for me. Can't wait till the 2nd leg now!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:35 pm

Anderson looks like a good prospect for the future. Give him a few starts next season and see how he does and get him a good right sided midfielder to study and learn from and he should be alright at least.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:42 pm

I was impressed over all by the team as a whole, they just looked like the first team the way the passed the ball around and also their movement. Suppose that's natural givin they do play against the first team in training. I agree with those above who singled those three players out for particularly good performances, mainly Anderson. Well done lad's and good luck for the return leg.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:02 pm

anyone know of a link to any highlights or a torrent file?
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby redmikey » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:30 pm

that was the first time i had seen him play but rafa said he was nearly ready for a first team place but not quite, he seems to be above the lads at that level but the big test is the next step as so few make the transistion into the first team unless you are from boro who have needed to use their academy
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:00 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Anderson looks like a good prospect for the future. Give him a few starts next season and see how he does and get him a good right sided midfielder to study and learn from and he should be alright at least.

On last nights evidence I'd be tempted to give him a run out this season . Maybe the Villa game assuming all else is secured .

Wasn't Owen just 17 when he got his first senior start ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby luvliverpool » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:20 pm

Bad Bob wrote:A question for those who have seen the kid play...

Would it be worth putting him in the senior side for the last few games to see how he handles top flight competition?

Is there anything to lose?  While we're still chasing the Mancs for 2nd, realistically that may be out of reach now.  On the other side, only Spurs can catch us for 3rd and that just ain't gonna happen. 

If the results go our way on the weekend, 3rd place will be sewn up with 3 league games still to play...a nice change from the last few seasons, where we were battling it out until the final game for a CL place.  Should that happen, why not blood some of the young talent and see what they're capable of?  Who knows, it may even affect how we approach the summer transfer season!

Im With Sabre........I have not seen him play but I think we would benefit if we let the young guns have a run out before the end of season.....cant do any harm especially if we have cemented our place in CL
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby Garymac » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:32 pm

Theres one question you have to ask yuorself on this topic, who would you like to see right wing till the end of the season, Cisse, Kromkamp, Garcia or Anderson and i know who id be giving a go to, if your good enough your old enough and the lad will just get better playing in the 1st team.

The job Rafa has done on all levels in 2 years has been nothing short of remarkable.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:53 pm

barnesrush wrote:anyone know of a link to any highlights or a torrent file?

here and here  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion