Paul anderson - Feedback

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:26 pm

A question for those who have seen the kid play...

Would it be worth putting him in the senior side for the last few games to see how he handles top flight competition?

Is there anything to lose?  While we're still chasing the Mancs for 2nd, realistically that may be out of reach now.  On the other side, only Spurs can catch us for 3rd and that just ain't gonna happen. 

If the results go our way on the weekend, 3rd place will be sewn up with 3 league games still to play...a nice change from the last few seasons, where we were battling it out until the final game for a CL place.  Should that happen, why not blood some of the young talent and see what they're capable of?  Who knows, it may even affect how we approach the summer transfer season!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Garymac » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:04 pm

Hope Hammill wont let me down tonight, Spoke about him quite a bit this year and he wil be in the squad next season without doubt, Hope he has a stormer and everyone can see just hope a good a prospect this lad is for the future and for LFC.

We will see him a lot pre season as well i feel, look out for Barragan as well with Anderson if he plays out wide and Barnett in the middle is a cracking little player, whilst Lingfield keeps banging them away upfront.

Really looking forward to this cos they have played cracking stuff through out the comp and i hope the lads win it.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Starting soon on SSP 3 CMON LADS. :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:04 pm

He's had a blinder in the final against Man City.
jonnymac1979

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:06 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:He's had a blinder in the final against Man City.

What's the score John?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Just won 3 nil

And i think Anderson might just get his debut before the end of the season, looked every bit a premiership player tonight.

Last home game of the season V Villa, we have got 3rd place wrapped up, i dont see the harm in playing Anderson in a midfield of Alonso, Gerrard and Kewell, and with Rafa being there, their is no way he will have ignored him.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:28 pm

3-0 FA youth cup final. Paul Anderson has turned in a man of the match performance, this kid looks something special, he seems to perform in every game he plays and he was above the rest in the final tonight. That overhead kick was fantastic
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Garymac » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:30 pm

Just a mention for Antwi and Hobbs at the back, fu*king supreb and Charlie Barnett is the best set piece taker at the club, and that is no exaggeration what so ever, his delivery was so good, if the lad puts some beef on and gets a bit stronger in the middle he could well have a good future ahead of him.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:35 pm

Antwi, Anderson and Hammil look like genuine possibilities for the first team squad to me next season. Some of the other lads look good too, but these three stand out. They all have a real presence, as well as elements of their game that raises them above average. 

Although Antwi's got a bit of a 50p piece head for a central defender from what I've seen, could do with some lessons off Sami.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Garymac » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:41 pm

But Antwi is another reason Traore can do one, Antwi is much more reliable cover than him!!!

Hammill didnt have the best of nights tonight but Anderson pretty much hogged the show, think he will play better in the away leg when we play on the counter and he gets more oppotunities to run at defenders.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:39 am

I thought that Anderson was outstanding tonight, and his technique when shooting is sublime.

As far as the rest of the team is concerned, I thought Hobbs and Antwi looked shakey, and too many times players got beyond them.
Hammil looks like he could mature into a top player, Roque wasn't on long, but looked good, and Barnett, as GaryMac said, is a superb set-piece taker.

The future is looking bright, my friends, and we didn't see the likes of Barragan and Caliste tonight either.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:06 am

Get young Anderson in before the start of the season. He is good enough. More than looked the part tonight!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:47 am

Damn good player. seems to play beyond his years, competant and will only improve with experience and time.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:15 am

great performance from anderson. hope he will be given a chance in the premier league near the end of the season if 2nd place goes out of reach
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:11 am

GOAT wrote:3-0 FA youth cup final. Paul Anderson has turned in a man of the match performance, this kid looks something special, he seems to perform in every game he plays and he was above the rest in the final tonight. That overhead kick was fantastic

Whoa...... 3-0 in the final  :buttrock

Hope to see anderson have some play time in one of our premier league matches this season.
Last edited by The_Rock on Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion