Are manchester united really in decline?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby CardinalRed » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:16 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Is it just me or is anyone else thinking the unthinkable and the unmentionable in case it happens?

Do you know what I mean?  :;):  ???

It's not unthinkable by a long chalk Jonnymac..... in fact I've had the premonition that it seems you've had too, i'll be sh*tting my pants though in the lead up should it come to pass that Stevie shakes hands with Red Nev in Athens in May......!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:18 pm

Seriously, I think we've got some momentum going and the vibes are good.  We're peaking at the right time and we look like we're enjoying our football.  Mascherano has given the club something to be thankful and confident about and the feeling is good.  We're looking physically and mentally strong.

You just can't enjoy it though because we could end up...

I'm going to have to start a thread on it. :angry:
jonnymac1979

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:58 am

Man U have been good this year because of four factors IMO.

1- Scholes has been excellent this year, aside from his inability to tackle.
2- Giggs is still as brilliant as ever.
3- Ronaldo finally realised he has to actually pass the ball or shoot rather than footwork demonstrations.
4- Selling Ruud, which spread the goals throughout the team and reduced the predictability of trying to get the ball to the lone striker.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:02 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:4- Selling Ruud, which spread the goals throughout the team and reduced the predictability of trying to get the ball to the lone striker.

hate to say it but that was a masterstroke by the red faced tw@t.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:06 pm

the most annoying thing if they do win the league this season is that this united team is nowhere near as good as united teams of the past. i dunno if that's a statement about the league in general but you have to say that they have been the best footballing team by a mile this season.

FWIW, i've still got a sneaky feeling that chelsea will snatch the league off them. manure still have to go to the blues#te and they've got the manchester derby aswell as going to stamford bridge (where i think they'll lose).

the loss of vidic has cost them big time. also van der sar is making mistakes and they've only got one fit striker.

after all thuis "treble" talk, just imagine if they won nowt. i'd love it. :D
Last edited by stmichael on Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:18 am

stmichael wrote:the most annoying thing if they do win the league this season is that this united team is nowhere near as good as united teams of the past. i dunno if that's a statement about the league in general but you have to say that they have been the best footballing team by a mile this season.

FWIW, i've still got a sneaky feeling that chelsea will snatch the league off them. manure still have to go to the blues#te and they've got the manchester derby aswell as going to stamford bridge (where i think they'll lose).

the loss of vidic has cost them big time. also van der sar is making mistakes and they've only got one fit striker.

after all this "treble" talk, just imagine if they won nowt. i'd love it. :D

You and me both, mate.

You and me both. :nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:06 am

The fans think theyll win the treble easily enough.Thats not confidence at all- pure arrogance.
You made the point st mick about this united team not being as good as past teams and I was thinking the same thing. Ive been waiting on them slipping up , but it just hasnt happened ..as yet. Maybe theyre not as good defensively, but going forward Id say they are better than ever.Giggs, Ronaldo and Rooney, its hard to think of a better trio.
And every time one of their best players leave , Ive said theyll miss them, but ffs they dont!! Stam, Beckham Cantona ,they didnt even really replace Keane -and still the nightmare of a treble for them lingers
There is definately a winning mentality Ferguson puts into his players, and I wish we had the formula.
Theres a chance theyll win :censored: all..PLEASE GOD!
Imagine if all they have left is the euro final...and we tank them in the final -ARE YOU ENTERTAINED!! :nod
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Fri May 04, 2007 4:28 am

:bump       :nod           

had to be done after wednesday...   yes sir...           :rasp

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 04, 2007 4:50 am

Rush Job wrote:
s@int wrote:United still have a strong team, they have Heinze and Scholes back from injury, Carrick will strengthen their midfield and while Saha is no RVN he will score a few, and dont forget they have Rooney and Ronaldo. The decline of United is in the quality of their squad, and while they can still put out a great first team when they are all fit and available, once they start to get a few injuries (hopefully a few at a time) I think these deficiances will start to tell.     
       They won the League cup and gained 83 points last season with probably their weakest midfield for 15 years, so I dont expect a complete collapse this season, just a general decline in performance and results, especially once the CL starts. I expect them to struggle to reach last seasons points total, and if they fail to pick up any of the cups as well, I expect Fergie to go.
        Many of their star players are reaching the veteran stage when injuries last longer and the fire begins to die, so I expect Scholes, Giggs, Neville and even Ferdinand to start showing signs that the hunger and desire is fading as the season progresses.
        Are United in decline yes, but it will be the end of the season before we will be sure. Less than 83 points, 3rd or 4th place and no cups again will confirm it.

I think that must of been wishfull thinking but it realy doesn`t matter if their "on the decline" what matters is that we are improving at a constant rate in both personel and performance to the extent that in the near future we will win the league, this season has been patchy but still being in the CL and having just beat the Ar$e 4-1 i beleve under Rafa this is happening.
It matters not if Utd remain a good or in some bogeyes great side as long as were greater, they can be a "great" side finishing second with the odd cup as long as we put a stop on em winning the league and are back as Englands best.

I think I was pretty much wrong about the fire going out  :D  I do however still think their squad as a whole is weak, and many of their squad players are no better or even worse than ours. They managed to avoid major injuries till late on in the season and have made hay while the sun shone.

Thankfully the rain came just in time to save us from the match we all feared.
account deleted by request

Postby matrix » Fri May 04, 2007 5:16 am

Thankfully the rain came just in time to save us from the match we all feared.

saint...    im going to agree with you...

im glad manure went out,   as much as i think we could have beaten them,  i just wouldn't  want to take the chance...    i dont know about most of you  but i couldn't  of taken it  if we lost in the champions league final to those shi..tters...

i would much rather play milan...

tbh  manure were shocking in milan totally shocking...

milan are not the team of 2 years ago,   but in saying that  they have hit form in the cl,

they were great in bayern, and against manure...

but i really fancy our chances to win the champions league for a 6 time...   :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri May 04, 2007 10:09 pm

i wanted a final with milan. should be a great game
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 08, 2007 1:04 am

I think Milan will be worthy opponents but im glad we are not facing united, I think they would prove harder to beat and I couldnt take that
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue May 08, 2007 1:08 am

Especially with them just winning the league. Theyd be strutting about like real arrogant bast.ids.
But that wont happen brother -they got well chinned.

:laugh: hahaha hehehe hohoho
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 08, 2007 1:16 am

I know at least now we can relax and look forward to the final.

Dont get me wrong ill still be brickin it but not as much if ya know what i mean :;):
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed May 09, 2007 9:12 am

A United V Liverpool Final would of been hell.

We could of had bragging rights for life but imagine if we lost.

Heartbreaking isn't strong enough.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion