Is he worth  £ 80.000 a week? - Owen

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Jelly » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:48 pm

Simply can't believe why u hate our top scorer. None deserves to earn 80k in week.
Jelly

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:35 pm

Santa wrote:I thought Owen was quoted as saying that money is not his motivation and he won't hold the club at ransom. Then why is he getting a pay raise when his form is generally poor and the club have underachieve in the past 2 seasons? I don't doubt his class on the day when he's on form but he do need to adapt his game to the team more (because I don't think Rafa will build his team around Owen). Did he stay because he had a bad summer and knows he won't command any good money from the other clubs ??

Playing alongside Cisse can only be a good thing because I feel the defenders attention will be split and allow Owen more room to operate.

Our next one or two signing will be important because that will determine the supplyline for our frontline. I hoped we will get an inteligent midfielder in the mould of a Nedved or an Aimar (I have watched very little of Xabi or Angel to comment here) and a speedy right-winger.

It pains me to say this but Owen has been upstaged by an 18 years old Shreak from across the park...for NOW :cool:

JMHO

Money not being the motivating factor is a load of rubbish. when Owen negotiates a new contract he's bound to ask for more money. His agent is obviously gonna say "Stevie G's got 60k a week" so i want more, kind of attitude.

And the fans will pay for it on the gate!

Watch this space for 30+ quid tickets!
84-1083280474

Postby akumaface » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:46 pm

I don't care how much Owen earns because LFC had to agree to pay in the first place. If they allow Owen to leave, it would definitely affect the rest of the team. Players will simply have their ups and downs. I guess we shouldn't judge Owen current form until the end of the season. If he has another so so season, then we might have to accept the fact that he lost it. But I'm sure if he has a stellar season this year, most LFC fans would say he is priceless.:)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby hello_red » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:01 pm

I would have to agree with the above statement. Just wait and see how he does this season before passing to much judgement IMO.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby fritzylfc » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:13 pm

nobody worth that kind of money lets hope rafa is an owen fan,
fritzylfc

Postby banana » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:47 pm

Stupid money. Owen is winning the lottery ticket every week. How much more will the fans take?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:14 am

you admitted having no passion and not wanting to put money into the club no more so who are you to comment??
115-1073096938

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:57 am

80k a week is a huge amount of money, but lets face it thats the going rate for a player of owens reputation, like it or not we gonna have to pay huge wages to satisfy the demands of our big name players and to attract new players to the club :(
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:31 am

80k a week is just stupid money.
however Owen generates our club alot of money
i would sooner pay owen 80k a week than diouf,biscan,diou, and all these other flops who in my opinion arnt worth a tenner a week.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:34 am

Its alot of money , but its the going rate . Chelsea would pay him 100,ooo a week.
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:36 am

Guys, this is all about supply and demand, and there is the demand by the bucket load.

£80K per week is an ernormous amount of money, but he will get it elsewhere, make no mistake.

You people who come on and slag Michael make me laugh, fickle is not in it, and I bet when, or should I say IF you go the match you will sing his name when he scores. Get a grip will you.

And Hustler this ****** about ticket prices, get real will you. If you dont want to pay thirty quid then there are thousands of wools, irish, chinks and cockneys who will pay the money.

Its life mate, and as much as I begrudge paying that much for my season ticket, or for cup games, the fact is some other sucker will if I dont, and I love the game and the club to much to miss out, no matter what he cost. I reckon I spend on average £40-£60 per week every week on going the game, but that for me is not an issue.

Some people on this forum really p1ss me off. Are you really supporters of LFC ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:23 pm

It might have occured to you that money (or lack of) is a big problem for a lot of people. Support Liverpool F.C. or feed your family, which would you choose?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:37 pm

Its ridiculous money and I cant even begin to imagine what it must be like earning that money but as a footballer I have no issues with Michael Owen and do think a lot of people have been doubting him unfairly he is a class striker. 

Its the way it is with football and the wages reflect the industry they are in its not as if you can put an advert in the job centre asking for world class striker for Premirership team must be fast.

If it was all about the money he could do one on a free next year and really cash in.

No matter what you think about the club its his employer it doesnt employ any of us and I can guarantee if any of us were in his position we would want the best deal.

Anybody saying Id play for free etc is exceptionally devoted to the club stupid or a liar.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:41 pm

Well, its not at much when you think that the top paid baseball players in U.S. is U.S.25Million per season which will last for 6 months.:D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby blind » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:56 pm

and the Ice hocky players are on equally rediculace money.
but the reason is because they have no transfer system like ours they trade players no cash involved so a real star goes for several players and usually the teams first draft pick as well.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion