Owen - 90k a week to sign

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adayinthelife » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:16 pm

I am afraid Owen will not be staying at the club unless as he has stated before there is a vast improvement in the team which is just not possible with houllier in charge.
If he does sign a new contract for whatever crazy money he is offered I think he will only sign it cuz he knows houllier is leaving in the summer I hope or maybe cuz it is easy money as he will win f##k all at Liverpool unless there is massive changes at the club.
He is not a Liverpool man through and through like Gerrard who I think only signed a new contract as he loves the club so much.
I would not be surprised to see him leave if houllier is here next season as he has been fed on scraps for the last 2 years.He is just another in a long line of players whos talents is being wasted by houllier.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:49 pm

i personally think owen will give us another to see if the club can turn things around, if this dosnt happen then its bon voyage.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:57 pm

There are people in here who believe that loyalty is something that is still prevalent in football these days, I have news for you my friends , its not !!!! :D  Stevie Gerrard is staying at liverpool cos he still believes we can compete at the highest level NOT because its LFC ......IF we underperform next season to the level we have this then SG will not be at LFC at the end of next season and who would blame him ?
Michael Owen will do what is best for Michael Owen and if he can do it at Liverpool I'll be the first to applaud him but if he chooses to go abroad then i wish him well.

MY loyalties decree that I hope SG and MO stay and bring success back to LFC  but when it comes to the issue of Loyalty its the FANS not the players that demonstrate it ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion