Boss rejects real madrid - From the horses mouth !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby babu » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:34 am

I heard his quote on the radio this morning, must say it put a smile on my face and made me chuckle.

I am sure he will go back to Madrid one day, but not anytime soon.

Rafa  :buttrock

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:57 am

Two things

1. Rafa demolished a house in Caldy to build a new one - not the sign of a guy thats going anywhere soon.
2. Amongst all the player-power talk its the boss saying 'dont forget me, what about my pay rise'.

It also fits in with Maureen sending 'certain signals' to the market as well.

Read into it what you will.......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:04 am

Good man, Rafa! (And well-in, Montse! :D )

THE best manager in the World is committed to us.

Eat THAT, Real! :p :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:37 am

Boss rejects real madrid, From the horses mouth !

I think it's a little silly for Real Madrid to ask a horse to be their new manager.

I mean yeah, maybe "Mister Ed" because he can talk. But let's get serious, he was one of a kind.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:58 am

"I do not like to talk about my family but they are really happy here at Liverpool and I am prepared to have my daughter with a Scouse accent, even though it is sometimes a problem for me!

makes you wanna cry :D
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:13 pm

zarababe wrote:From the BBC:

Benitez rejected new Real offer 

Benitez led Liverpool to Champions League glory in 2005
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has said he recently rejected a fresh approach from Real Madrid in a contract more lucrative than his current Reds deal.
The Spaniard's camp has also suggested Benitez was ahead of Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho on Real's managerial targets.

"I said no to Real when they offered me more money than I get here, even though there maybe were greater expectations," said Benitez.

"Madrid may be my town but I am happy here and pleased with everything."

Benitez turned down an offer from the Bernabeu club last summer and the Spaniard has consistently been linked to the club where he has played and coached.

But Benitez is keen to stay at Anfield to help the club prosper under new American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

This is a project, it is my club, my team, my players and the fans are always behind us

Rafael Benitez

"We want to stay because of the new ideas and the new owners are very exciting," added Benitez.

"It was not a difficult decision. I have an objective here, I explained that when I spoke to the new owners and they told me they would be supportive.

"I do not like to talk about my family but they are really happy here at Liverpool and I am prepared to have my daughter with a Scouse accent, even though it is sometimes a problem for me!

"I want to make it clear that I said no to a good offer. That is because we are happy, it is not a question of money.

"This is a project, it is my club, my team, my players and the fans are always behind us. I am really happy here for all these things together."

Liverpool opened talks over new deals for Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Xabi Alonso, Jose Reina and Luis Garcia a couple of weeks ago.

Gerrard is one of the players discussing new deals at Anfield

Discussions are ongoing but Benitez insists he wants speculation about any deals to stop so Liverpool can focus on their Champions League campaign.

Liverpool play Chelsea in the first leg of their semi-final in Europe's elite competition at Stamford Bridge on 25 April.

"I do not want to talk anymore about the players' contract discussions," stated Benitez.

"I wanted us to show them I had confidence in them and I would like to see all of them here in the future - the people in charge of the club agree.

"But we are trying to progress, I tried to be positive with them and show the players we want to progress. But if we cannot do it quickly, we will wait and talk after the Champions League.

"It is clear we want to keep these players and to keep them happy here. I have confidence because the conversations were good but maybe now for this next few weeks it is time to finish talking.

"If we have an agreement okay, if we do not have an agreement we have shown them that we are interested in their futures.

"But now I want to focus on football and the Champions League."

--------------------

Fantastic news and shows the new era with the new owners has secured his services and hopefully of some key players !

I read the title of this thread and its subtitle and thought it was about Ruud Van Nistlerooy saying Benitez wasn't going to Madrid.  :blush:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:04 pm

:D lol the humour in this place ... :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:30 am