If  gerrard leaves - Benitez has the power

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:44 am

Whether Stevie stays or pack his bag, we have to agree that half the team need replacing. Sure he carried us most of last season but the rest of the team is somewhat 'unbalanced'. With the Thai deal gone south, we do not have the necessary funds to rebuild the team. I hoped he stay and will be sad if he goes but to say he leave to win silverware is b0llocks. What have we won recently compared to Chelsea? It's the money he is after and I don't blame him for that. To say there's uncertainty during transition period is an excuse as Chelsea is going through the same phase. I remember not long ago Stevie metioned that we need to bring in 3 top class players into the team to challenge the top dogs, so what happened then ?

Every player is dispensible. Looked what happened after Keegan, Rush, Fowler...etc and did Arsenal suffer after Anelka? After Petit and Overmars? We just have to compensate and get other players to lift their game. It's better to have a team than a few 'individuals'. Real Madrid is the living proof, and who's better qualified than Rafa to show the glamour boys a thing or two.

However, I think it's better if SG would come out and make clear his intention. If Lampard can come out and say his delight for Stevie to join him at Chelsea, surely they must have talked and if it is untrue, Stevie should come out and quashed the rumour. His silence indicates things are not well and we should prepare for the worst news after Euro.

Get real guys...in this world money talks, and life goes on with or without StevieG!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:10 am

With no outside investment due soon if S.G leaves I can not see how we can afford to replace half the team, with a new stadium on the horizon I can only see us getting budget players
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:39 am

michael owen leaving just because "steven gerrard left" would be a p#ss poor excuse to leave the club in my opinion.  :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion