Does benitez really like gerrard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 19, 2006 3:15 am

s@int wrote:I will let this thread go now its obvious it was a bad thread and I agree it didnt warrent this amount of attention. You obviously have a problem with this post so its perhaps better to let it die. I thought it was a topic worthy of some thought but it seems I would be better off sticking to safer topics such as the latest transfer cr*p or who would I sign if i was as rich as Abramovich lol.

As opposed to this masterpiece, you mean?

Sorry mate, but if you talk sh*t on here, you will be hunted down and shot.

If you must start threads belittling Rafa, may I suggest you find some sources beforehand and add them as some form of proof?

It'll save you so much hassle.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Fri May 19, 2006 3:18 am

:sleep
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 19, 2006 3:32 am

How did I bellittle Rafa ? You mean when I said he was a great manager? Just because a manager does or does not get on with a player doesnt mean hes not a good manager, people have personality clashes in all walks of life EVEN in football. I  will say it again RAFA IS A GREAT MANAGER. I dont personal think he and Gerrard are best of buddies That doesnt make gerrard a bad player or Benitez a bad manager. It doesnt even mean I am right... its my personal view. I dont KNOW Gerrard or Benitez I was going off my personal observations. Obviously you see things differently than me.... big deal. I think he should have kept Owen ( if he could) or bought him back (if he had the money) but I am not a manager so my opinion counts for as much as yours ... nothing. I am sure they have a reasonable working relationship just not buddies... if you know different ok.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 19, 2006 3:43 am

s@int wrote:How did I bellittle Rafa ? You mean when I said he was a great manager? Just because a manager does or does not get on with a player doesnt mean hes not a good manager, people have personality clashes in all walks of life EVEN in football. I  will say it again RAFA IS A GREAT MANAGER. I dont personal think he and Gerrard are best of buddies That doesnt make gerrard a bad player or Benitez a bad manager. It doesnt even mean I am right... its my personal view. I dont KNOW Gerrard or Benitez I was going off my personal observations. Obviously you see things differently than me.... big deal. I think he should have kept Owen ( if he could) or bought him back (if he had the money) but I am not a manager so my opinion counts for as much as yours ... nothing. I am sure they have a reasonable working relationship just not buddies... if you know different ok.

No mate.

I said "If you want to start topics, post a source to back it up".

Owen had already agreed to sign for Real when Beni signed for us, and when the little runt realised he'd been a c*ck for leaving, he decided he wanted to come back.
Rafa and the board were prepared to buy him back, but NOT for twice the amount we sold him for, especially as he'd just spent the vast majority of the season warming Real's bench.

It was totally the right stance to take, and if the little sh*t had been THAT bothered about playing for us, he'd have told Madrid to kiss his ring piece when Newcastle came pimping.

Owen is a waster who's sole concern in football is his International career. The fact that he lied to us fans about signing a new contract shows he doesn't give two sh*ts about Liverpool FC.

You want that back at Anfield, do you?  :no

As for your statement "I am sure they have a reasonable working relationship just not buddies" - if you're sure about that, then WHY start this bloody pointless thread?

Madness.  :Oo:
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri May 19, 2006 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 19, 2006 4:11 am

Owen had already agreed to sign for Real when Beni signed for us

Where did you get that from. Owen was in U.S.A. with Liverpool and was saying " everythings almost in place now to sign my new deal". THEN when he came back to England Real contacted him and everything went to cr*p. Benitez had been manager a while by then!

Rafa and the board were prepared to buy him back, but NOT for twice the amount we sold him for, especially as he'd just spent the vast majority of the season warming Real's bench.

If he had come back and scored the goals we needed in C.L. and EPL it would have been worth it in my opinion. Owen said he wanted to come back to Liverpool and that if he couldnt he would go on loan to Newcastle THEN Souness went in with crazy bid and Real no longer wanted to know Liverpools offer. Thats what I READ at the time. Big players leave clubs get over it. Keegan,Rush,Souness,Beardsley,Mcmanaman,Ince,Fowler and Owen to name a few have all left Liverpool for different reasons (mainly money) and I have no doubt big players will leave in the future. Rush came back Fowler came back(admittedly he didn't want to go) what would be the problem with Owen coming back.
As for your statement "I am sure they have a reasonable working relationship just not buddies" - if you're sure about that, then WHY start this bloody pointless thread?
If I had known then what I know now I wouldnt have.

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 19, 2006 5:44 am

Owen is a waster who's sole concern in football is his International career

Football is a matter of opinion you think Owen is a bench warming piece of :censored: I think hes a good goal scorer who might have made a big difference when we were struggling to score goals. Bet you burned your Gerrard shirt last season too! Owen gave us good service while he was here and got well paid for doing so. He left and went to a different club so did REINA/FINNAN/RIISE/ALONZO/SISSOKO/KEWELL/CROUCH/HYYPIA/CISSE should they have stayed loyal to their clubs and told Liverpool to kiss their ring piece? Do you honestly believe they would ALL stay if someone offered them a shedfull more money? Do you believe Rafa will only be looking for players who are surplus to requirements at other clubs. Money talks and players walk sad but true. If Rafa finds a player thats better than the players we already have do you want him to to say "no I must be loyal to my players" or do you want him to improve the team? Grow up, get real, and get over it.
          Anyway I am now leaving this post to die. Sorry to one and all for posting it as I never intended any harm or wanted to create any bad feeling. I didnt mind being called a punk etc but I object to being called a manc.  :)

Postby anti-hero » Fri May 19, 2006 6:34 am

Bang Bang.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 19, 2006 6:44 am

FFS Owen wanted to leave poor Rafa had to travel to Portugal and beg Owen and Gerrard to stay before he had even met them.
Owen wanted to go abroad and rather than not get anything for him we got 8 million.
Gerrard had been tapped up by fat Frank, Terry, Maureen and Sven to sign for Chelsea he was immature at the time, now he has seen the light didnt you ever make a mistake?
As to Parry being on the phone all night to Gerrard well he has known him since he was 8, get a grip stop being paranoid just be happy we have the best manager and best player in the world at our club.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri May 19, 2006 7:41 am

wow, this topic has sparked debate, i expected it to be locked
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri May 19, 2006 1:02 pm

In between the nonsense theres some good points in this topic

After the FA cup in the night I was having a chat with my mates and the conclusion is Benitez is probably not happy with the season and thats why we love him.  He looks interested only in total success and he has a club with the structure and the board to give this to him.  Cos of Chelsea money it will take time but when he gets his ideal team then watch out everyone else. 

Gerrard is more mature yes but is playing better under Benitez.  Our captain wants to win everything as well.  We might have a Ferguson Keane type relationship developing but with the central characters infitely better.

Champions league, Super cup, FA cup and two lost finals, vast improvement in the league and what really excites me is Benitez gives the impression that he's not happy. In fact I cant see him being happy unless its a perfect 90 mins.

I predict that next season a few wallopings will be handed out at Anfield as the team progresses and improves

Regarding the incident last summer with Gerrard. OK gutted if he went but Rafa only focuses on LFC not individuals. Now weve got a captain and a manager arguably the best in the world in their professions and get this THEY ARE NOT HAPPY AND WANT MORE.  I couldnt care if they dont exchange xmas cards we are living in a special time. This aint history, no watching DVD's and talking about how we once saw a great Liverpool team, this is in the present and theres more to come. 

I perused a chelsea board the other day and they had some decent posters but the underlying theme I picked up is FEAR.  Nobody feared us two years ago, its no longer the top three clubs.  Let Battle commence :buttrock
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri May 19, 2006 2:49 pm

taff wrote:In between the nonsense theres some good points in this topic

After the FA cup in the night I was having a chat with my mates and the conclusion is Benitez is probably not happy with the season and thats why we love him.  He looks interested only in total success and he has a club with the structure and the board to give this to him.  Cos of Chelsea money it will take time but when he gets his ideal team then watch out everyone else. 

Gerrard is more mature yes but is playing better under Benitez.  Our captain wants to win everything as well.  We might have a Ferguson Keane type relationship developing but with the central characters infitely better.

Champions league, Super cup, FA cup and two lost finals, vast improvement in the league and what really excites me is Benitez gives the impression that he's not happy. In fact I cant see him being happy unless its a perfect 90 mins.

I predict that next season a few wallopings will be handed out at Anfield as the team progresses and improves

Regarding the incident last summer with Gerrard. OK gutted if he went but Rafa only focuses on LFC not individuals. Now weve got a captain and a manager arguably the best in the world in their professions and get this THEY ARE NOT HAPPY AND WANT MORE.  I couldnt care if they dont exchange xmas cards we are living in a special time. This aint history, no watching DVD's and talking about how we once saw a great Liverpool team, this is in the present and theres more to come. 

I perused a chelsea board the other day and they had some decent posters but the underlying theme I picked up is FEAR.  Nobody feared us two years ago, its no longer the top three clubs.  Let Battle commence :buttrock

excellent post.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Fri May 19, 2006 3:03 pm

babu wrote:

excellent post.

Intelligent post.  :bowdown At the end of the day Rafa does not need someone blowing wind up his :censored: over a few trophies.

We still have not won the PREMIERSHIP since it kicked off. Rafa knows the best way to go down in history at this club (not to down play his achievements already) is to bring the league back to the best club in the world.

Steve G knows how Rafa operates and visa versa. They do not need to blow each others trumpet all the time like their quasi russian counter parts.
PCG77

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 19, 2006 5:19 pm

s@int wrote:
Owen had already agreed to sign for Real when Beni signed for us

Where did you get that from. Owen was in U.S.A. with Liverpool and was saying " everythings almost in place now to sign my new deal". THEN when he came back to England Real contacted him and everything went to cr*p. Benitez had been manager a while by then!

If he had come back and scored the goals we needed in C.L. and EPL it would have been worth it in my opinion. Owen said he wanted to come back to Liverpool and that if he couldnt he would go on loan to Newcastle THEN Souness went in with crazy bid and Real no longer wanted to know Liverpools offer. Thats what I READ at the time. Big players leave clubs get over it. Keegan,Rush,Souness,Beardsley,Mcmanaman,Ince,Fowler and Owen to name a few have all left Liverpool for different reasons (mainly money) and I have no doubt big players will leave in the future. Rush came back Fowler came back(admittedly he didn't want to go) what would be the problem with Owen coming back.
If I had known then what I know now I wouldnt have.

Get it through your thick f*cking skull that Owen was LYING to us fans.

Are you SERIOUSLY that gullable that you actually believe Real first contacted Owen when they put an official bid in for him?
Real Madrid are as bad as Sh*tski for tapping players up, but have been doing it longer.

I cannot understand any "fan" wanting their team to get butt-f*cked by a rival club. How the buggering hell can you possibly say you think spending £17m on a player we sold a year earlier for £8m is "worth it" if he scores goals? Owen never once scored more than about 26 goals in a full season when the team was set up entirely around him, yet you seem to think he is the best thing since sliced bread. Why is that?

The Steven Gerrard saga is hardly the same situation, as he felt he was being forced out, didn't lie about things, was going to be sold for his true market value, and changed his mind after realising that he loved the club and fans too much.

All I want is a team full of players who would die for the club. The signings of players such as Xabi Alonso, Sami Hyypia, Djibril Cisse, Steve Finnan, John-Arne Riise, Pepe Reina, Sissoko, Kewell and Peter Crouch (which you gave as examples) were completely different, as the players went about leaving in the right ways, were sold for their actual values, the clubs were amicable(with the exception of Kewell, but that was Houllier, not Benitez), and they were too good for their current teams. Surely you can see that?

I think it is YOU who needs to grow up, and stop creaming yourself over a striker with as much loyalty as Judas Iscariot.  :no

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 19, 2006 5:34 pm

Owen instructed his agent to speak to Real about going on a FREE TRANSFER after his contract was up!  He was stringing us all along with his cr@p about 'champions league football' and playing at 'the highest level' and he knew it.  When Rafa came in, he had a very small choice....let Owen go straight away for 1/2 his fee, or wait and watch him walk away for nothing.  The fact he (and the board) didn't bend over backwards when he was crying about wanting to leave Real is simple, he screwed us.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Sat May 20, 2006 11:37 am

Spot on reply Taff!!!  Let the battle commence 2006/07 will be a hard fought season, especially now with Henry staying at the Gooners...Respect to vava voom, loyalty to the club.
With signings to be made, Its going to be the closest season we have had in a long time. The final pieces in Rafa's jigsaw will hopefully edge us to the winning line next season. Torres is the striker we will move into that 5th gear with. Morro in exchange for torres and 10m. Kewell in exchange for defoe and 5m. Alves and gonzalez, palletta and that valencia left back on a free.

Its Wizzard chemistry, puts the Welsh back in Wizzard and we have a formula.  :laugh:  :laugh:
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion