Croatia 2 england 0 - That should make the scottish laugh

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:35 pm

How long do you think it will be before Rafa is linked with the England job?

Dumb b*stards.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:24 pm

Thanks to whoever corrected the title of the thread :D  :blush:
66-1112520797

Postby puroresu » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:24 pm

England dont have the players.  Simple as that.  Whenever they face good technical players they stuggle.  Its not always down to the Manager. England have had plenty managers and they never do anything so start looking deeper and u will see te problems.
puroresu

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:30 pm

I highlighted the problems with the English game and the problem goes down to grass roots football and how kids are taught to launch the ball as far away from goal as possible, where size, build and pace are more important than a good football brain and good ability on the ball.

I also highlighted Paul Robinson's major flaw which was his positioning and I've been proved right on a fair few occasions but of course my views are met with a large proportion of abuse most notably from Lando (surprise, surprise) and Ace Ventura.

Ah I love being right.  :D

Another point is England have players, but they don't have a team. The team is made up of individuals. The English media bully England managers into team selections and formation changes.

It's a poisnous job.
74-1160487249

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:44 pm

Jerzy wrote:I highlighted the problems with the English game and the problem goes down to grass roots football and how kids are taught to launch the ball as far away from goal as possible, where size, build and pace are more important than a good football brain and good ability on the ball.

I also highlighted Paul Robinson's major flaw which was his positioning and I've been proved right on a fair few occasions but of course my views are met with a large proportion of abuse most notably from Lando (surprise, surprise) and Ace Ventura.

Another point is England have players, but they don't have a team. The team is made up of individuals. The English media bully England managers into team selections and formation changes.

It's a poisnous job.

Stu!!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:54 pm

Make your mind up Bazza! I can't be every single alter-ego surely? :D

I just love being right that's all especially on here when your points are met with jeers and "he's on a wind up".

Mexico have more of a chance of winning something major like the World Cup than England ever will...(not that Mexico will win the world cup) but they have a much higher chance than England ever will. Our Grass roots approach has gotten better over the last ten years and you can easily see this within the Mexican International team.
74-1160487249

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:23 am

Jerzy wrote:I highlighted the problems with the English game and the problem goes down to grass roots football and how kids are taught to launch the ball as far away from goal as possible, where size, build and pace are more important than a good football brain and good ability on the ball.

It's a poisnous job.

Funny, that, seeing as I've never discussed Paul Robinson, other than to say he's cr*p.

:Oo:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:52 am

[/quote]Mexico have more of a chance of winning something major like the World Cup than England ever will...(not that Mexico will win the world cup) but they have a much higher chance than England ever will. Our Grass roots approach has gotten better over the last ten years and you can easily see this within the Mexican International team.[quote]

:laugh:

I doubt whether all those millions pumped into grass roots football in England teach's the youngens to play long ball.
66-1112520797

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:17 pm

With reference to Youth development, on Sky last week they ran a story about how the proposed National Football Academy, which was to have been built near Burton has been shelved and the land is up for sale... Howard Wilkinson was on and he said that things have changed at Soho Square to the detriment of the game.... Just what is going on?

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion