Croatia vs england - Revenge?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:23 am

Ace Ventura wrote:By the way John Craig thought Heskey was immense tonight. He leads the line better than any other England striker and allows the attacking players to play off him.
I would have him as a starter most games personally.

Cracking performance from England last nite. Makes me wonder though what would have happened if Croatia had 11 men on the pitch though...
As for Heskey - he is and always was, total and utter MUCK !
Don't know how many times he was called offside....Doesn't have a clue where to position himself in such situations...And he was deffo offside and interfering with play for one of the England goals....
Still good performance...

And as an aside, Forza Italia w.r.t. Ireland too - 4 points out of 6 from two away games. We should have had the six but all round I'm happy with that...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:38 am

one good game doesnt win a world cup.

Im still sceptical about Crapello. I dont think he's the man for the job
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:18 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:By the way John Craig thought Heskey was immense tonight. He leads the line better than any other England striker and allows the attacking players to play off him.

Cracking performance from England last nite. Makes me wonder though what would have happened if Croatia had 11 men on the pitch though...
Don't know how many times he was called offside....Doesn't have a clue where to position himself in such situations...And he was deffo offside and interfering with play for one of the England goals....

And as an aside, Forza Italia w.r.t. Ireland too - 4 points out of 6 from two away games. We should have had the six but all round I'm happy with that...

Think we watched a different game, Heskey caused them problems all night, which goal was he off side for...and dont say Walcotts second - when Heskeys control was great, as Corluka was playing him on.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:35 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Think we watched a different game, Heskey caused them problems all night, which goal was he off side for...and dont say Walcotts second - when Heskeys control was great, as Corluka was playing him on.

Heskey will cause anybody problems 'cos he's a lumbering buffoon...He stumbles into defenders...Pushes himself about etc. but never looks like he is going to score.
And on the offside, I think you should look at that more closely. He was deffo in an offside position. The last defender was in front of him. Walcott was onside though
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby lakes10 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:43 pm

great game last night. must point out that Emile Heskey was outstanding........why did we sell him again? lol

we could do with him right now.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:50 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Heskey will cause anybody problems 'cos he's a lumbering buffoon...He stumbles into defenders...Pushes himself about etc. but never looks like he is going to score.
And on the offside, I think you should look at that more closely. He was deffo in an offside position. The last defender was in front of him. Walcott was onside though

Not sure if you seen the replays of the goal, but there was definately one person (corluka) playing him on, possibly even a second both were in the right back position and not visible from the normal camera shot. Dont you think there might of been some croation protests if that wasnt the case ?
You obviously dont like the fella, fair enough but to say he didnt have a great game last night is utter rubbish.

He also played brilliant alongside Michael Owen at the end of the last qualifying campaign, admittedly he doesnt score anywhere near enough but if he is making a nuisance of himself occupying defenders, winning free kicks in dangerous areas and laying on goals then that will do for me.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:10 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Not bein funny but where did that come from ?
Crazy scoreline and in the second half England passed it around with such confidence.
Walcotts finishing was superb and Rooney in the second half just controlled the game. Lets hope he is knackered for Saturday.
Bad challenge by Kovac on Cole you could see by the running jump and the way that he looked first that he wanted to do him.

By the way John Craig thought Heskey was immense tonight. He leads the line better than any other England striker and allows the attacking players to play off him.

Fair enough Ace, I had to go to work last night and didn't see the game but by all accounts Heskey had a good game, fair play to the lad.  I like Heskey, always gave 100% for us and does have talent, just let's lack of confidence affect his game far too much.

I still maintain though that England will never win a major tournament with Heskey a regular up front and James in goal, just my opinion. 

Great result for them last night though, must be sweet revenge.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:37 pm

john craig wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Not bein funny but where did that come from ?
Crazy scoreline and in the second half England passed it around with such confidence.
Walcotts finishing was superb and Rooney in the second half just controlled the game. Lets hope he is knackered for Saturday.
Bad challenge by Kovac on Cole you could see by the running jump and the way that he looked first that he wanted to do him.

By the way John Craig thought Heskey was immense tonight. He leads the line better than any other England striker and allows the attacking players to play off him.

Fair enough Ace, I had to go to work last night and didn't see the game but by all accounts Heskey had a good game, fair play to the lad.  I like Heskey, always gave 100% for us and does have talent, just let's lack of confidence affect his game far too much.

I still maintain though that England will never win a major tournament with Heskey a regular up front and James in goal, just my opinion. 

Great result for them last night though, must be sweet revenge.

yeah i agree with Heskey in front comment... but James has improved alot in the last 2 years and deserved to be england no.1... finally he seems to be able to concentrate for the full 90 mins... probably because he stopped playing nintendo...

on a side note... I like walcott... i just couldn't understand why liverpool didn't invest in players like him... when he was still in southhampton we could've easily bought him... another one was rooney... these players you definitely know their potential...both of them were 'boy wonders'... just like owen was.. but then again rooney was an evertonian so he might not want to play for us...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Lee J wrote:Im still sceptical about Crapello. I dont think he's the man for the job

why? who's the man for THIS job... an englishman?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:40 am

maguskwt wrote:
Lee J wrote:Im still sceptical about Crapello. I dont think he's the man for the job

Any man who doesnt pick his team on reputation or what the press decide. Give me a manager who will totally ignore the press, ignore the fame status of the players he has and has the ability to pick a team who will play for england because they will put the team first and ego second. Find that kind of manager then we are onto a winner.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:40 am

maguskwt wrote:on a side note... I like walcott... i just couldn't understand why liverpool didn't invest in players like him... when he was still in southhampton we could've easily bought him...

Easily bought him ???

Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal were all after Walcott. He (and his father) chose Arsenal. Walcott was a massive Thierry Henry fan.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:30 am

Kharhaz wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

Any man who doesnt pick his team on reputation or what the press decide. Give me a manager who will totally ignore the press, ignore the fame status of the players he has and has the ability to pick a team who will play for england because they will put the team first and ego second. Find that kind of manager then we are onto a winner.

To be fair to Capello there wasnt loads of media clamour for Heskey to play in that game, i am sure most prefer Defoe.
Also Walcott was selected ahead of Beckham in both games, not something that was being asked for by the press and he definately is not a player that alot of managers might have started away to Croatia.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:48 am

to be honest, a lot of fans before the game were advocating rooney be dropped due to the fact that he's only scored two goals for england since euro 2004.

you've got to hold your hands up though. i thought he was world class in the second half.

of course, a lot of england fans have all of a sudden looked at the performance and equated it to gerrard not being in the side. ok lampard probably had his best england game for ages but if it comes down to a straight pick between him and gerrard for one position i know who i'd pick every time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:34 pm

stmichael wrote:to be honest, a lot of fans before the game were advocating rooney be dropped due to the fact that he's only scored two goals for england since euro 2004.

you've got to hold your hands up though. i thought he was world class in the second half.

of course, a lot of england fans have all of a sudden looked at the performance and equated it to gerrard not being in the side. ok lampard probably had his best england game for ages but if it comes down to a straight pick between him and gerrard for one position i know who i'd pick every time.

I didn't really rate Lampard. He only came good once we were winning and then played his 'best' when they had the red card. First half he was useless.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

To be fair to Capello there wasnt loads of media clamour for Heskey to play in that game, i am sure most prefer Defoe.
Also Walcott was selected ahead of Beckham in both games, not something that was being asked for by the press and he definately is not a player that alot of managers might have started away to Croatia.

Thats true but its the midfield that needs looking at and anyone in charge of england seems to be scared to tamper with it.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion