International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:22 pm

Great ball in and fantastic header by ronaldinho
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:27 pm

Ronaldo needs taking off

And a diet, and light Coke, and running more, and basic school knowledge. :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:29 pm

Ronaldinho's header was unlucky. Croatia are having a few chances, Brazil have gone to sleep defensively in the second half. If Croatia had better finishers then maybe the scoreline is different.

Ronaldo is lazy. He is now coming off and Robinho comes on, about time too, the game should get more interesting now.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:31 pm

Brazil look very average at the back
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:41 pm

I'm telling you, if IGOR BISCAN was playing for Croatia right now Croatia would be 3-1 up!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:42 pm

:D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:59 pm

Great display from Croatia , unlucky not to earn a point .

Gives a signal to all others that Brasil are by no means invincible , as long as you don't sit back and admire them .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:01 pm

For the (admittedly) few people on here who have 'plumped' (pun very much intended) for Ronaldo in a Liverpool shirt, let that performance stand as Exhibit A in the "against" column.  It's not that he's fat (which he is), it's that he simply cannot be a.rsed most of the time.  Robinho needs to start from this point on for Brazil.

Oh, and I wasn't over impressed with Srna either (another player we've been linked with).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:03 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Great display from Croatia , unlucky not to earn a point .

Gives a signal to all others that Brasil are by no means invincible , as long as you don't sit back and admire them .

Too right...

Take note Australia...take the game to them and see what happens.  Oh, and try and do anything besides hit it straight at Dida when the openings present themselves!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:09 pm

Australia should be worried, as make no mistake, Brasil will come out with 10x the intensity they had tonight. They were pretty average, but they were playing with 10 men for much of the game.

Ronaldo was a joke. His work rate was 0, I don't care if he's not 100%, a 90 year old would have put in more effort. Still Brasil got the points and will be out to prove a point against Australia, so I expect a 2+ goal win for Brasil in that one.

Croatia looked excellent, and tbh if Brazil get a big win against Australia, and Croatia win against Japan, Australia have slim hope of getting out of the group.   

Special mention also to the Croatian fans, amazing. Best fans of the tournament thus far, hands down.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:10 pm

I thought Brazil were pretty decent actually (well the 9 that actually tried, not the 2 statues up front).  They played within themselves and unlike the likes of England and France who I thought genuinely toiled in their opening games, I always got the impression Brazil could switch to a higher gear if and when required.

Having said that all credit to Croatia who had a real go at them and were unlucky not to equalise.  As woof rightly points out, it just shows what can happen if you get stuck into Brazil instead of standing off them in awe.  I quite fancy Croatia to beat both Australia and Japan after that performance.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:14 pm

john craig wrote:I thought Brazil were pretty decent actually (well the 9 that actually tried, not the 2 statues up front).  They played within themselves and unlike the likes of England and France who I thought genuinely toiled in their opening games, I always got the impression Brazil could switch to a higher gear if and when required.

Exactly, they did enough in the end, and ypu coudl tell a lot of them aren't quite 100% yet.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a different Brasil against Australia. Australia just has to defend like hell and hope Brasil don't score 3, 4 or 5 as goal difference could be key.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:15 pm

Brazil will struggle in defence. They have the unsung heroes, Ze Roberto and Emerson holding up all the fiesta on front of them. Ronaldinho is a bit on the left, and Kaka is a bit on the right, and Ronaldo is walking, neither of them do any job defending, which means you have a highway in the wings.

I think the team that has a decent passing and use the wings properly and keep fixed Cafu and Roberto Carlos (who will dosify his runs) will make them have a nightmare. I don't believe in a team in which 5 men do not press at all.

On the Croatian side I liked Kovac, and the son of the coach , Krasnic (?)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:18 pm

john craig wrote:They played within themselves and unlike the likes of England and France who I thought genuinely toiled in their opening games, I always got the impression Brazil could switch to a higher gear if and when required.

I would agree with that but their back four also looked prone to switching off at a crucial time and getting punished for it.  For a time there in the second half, it looked like Croatia might knick a goal.  I have a feeling, though, that, had that happened, Ronaldinho, Kaka or Robinho would have found another gear and Brazil would have struck back quickly.  I don't fancy Australia or Japan's chances against them but it is so much more effective to get after them and not let them dictate tempo so easily.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:18 pm

Well it was a poor performance but they got the right result, there was some fantastic bits of skill mixed in there. Im sure Brazil will play 10x better against australia, they will be wanting to prove their ability and hopefully wont have ronaldo in the team. Also they have got their tense first game out the way now with a win and they will be able to go on and play with a lot more freedom. Australia should be scared. Brazil will probably top that group but any of the other 3 are good enough to get 2nd
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion