Croatia 2 england 0 - That should make the scottish laugh

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:45 pm

Well I'm not really atall surprised with the result considering the manager. He'll never win me over (unless he wins the WC  :D ) but in all seriousness he changed a formation that was settled and almost acustomed and went for 3-5-2 away to Croatia, who incidentally have never lost a competitive match at home.
And for all the fans on here toying with the idea Liverpool should play 3-5-2 it could be just as disastrous if not prperly acustomed as England showed.

As in Mike Basset England manager, 4-4-2 !were the calls  :D
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:50 pm

I didnt watch it tonight but got a brief glimpse of the goals. What was Robinson doing for the second?
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:10 am

it was funny, the ball hit a divot in the pitch, a divot put there by robinson when he tries to lift the pitch to take goal kicks, and bounced over his foot as neville played it bck to him.

pure comedy gold    :laugh:

although not as funny as collymores shot along the ground that bounced over tim flowers shoulder after hitting a divot
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:11 am

Both goals were 'keeper errors. His positioning was f*cking awful. A granny could have lobbed him there!

Note to Robinson - "You're sh*t."

I thank you. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:16 am

I havent seen the replay yet, at first sight it just looked like he'd missed the ball completely. I will have to see another angle before I forgive him.

Still it wasnt all bad, Neville scored :D and Carra didnt get injured.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:23 am

Their goal (Not Neville's World-class effort) was due entirely to Robinson's position. He was about 5 miles off his line, despite th eplay being inside the area.

He came out hoping to intercept the cross, then stood there in no man's land like the Lemon he really is.

I would have been able to save that, and I'm the worst able-bodied 'keeper in the World! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:00 am

As much as us losing p!ssed me off something chronic last night. The most amusing thing about Robinsons cockup is that it will go down as a Gary Neville own goal. YES!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:59 pm

I have always believed that England should play 4-4-2 as most of their clubs do.

Also, there are not many England goalkeepers around, David James? injury man Kirkland? inexperienced Carson?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:07 pm

Carson should get his chance, Ben Foster my :censored:  fat frank and carrick are not dynamic enough Parker only played ball sideways and will never play his natural game all the time fatboy is playing, imo if England drop Lampard its a step forward he's bang out of form so why is he in 1st eleven all he is succeeding to do is stifle other players around him. [Gerrard for 4 years]
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby The Red Baron » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:46 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Well I'm not really atall surprised with the result considering the manager. He'll never win me over (unless he wins the WC  :D )

Iam with you here Iam not suprised we took one point from a possible six,we are talking about England after all.Dont blame Mclaren he cant help being a pr!ck always was one always will be one.The FA have done it again appointed another nugget who cant do the job.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:29 pm

Robinson claimed "there was nothing I could do about it"..... Well there was, you could have stopped the ball and set up a kick, there was no Croatian attacker bearing down which demanded a quick clearance..... Own up Robbo.... you f*cked up, just like the manager....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:45 pm

Anyone noticed England started playing :censored: when Carrick and Rooney came in? Then when Gerrard misses a game we start losing
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:01 pm

One thing's for certain in the aftermath of that match: Fat Fwank has well and truly been found out.  Here--supported by two 'holding midfielders' and removed from Stevie's long shadow--he had a perfect opportunity to re-establish his credentials as a top-drawer attacking midfielder.  And he flopped.  Arguably, the 3-5-2 formation was built around him and yet, by all accounts, he was anonymous. 

He offers nothing defensively--we all knew that--but he can no longer even be trusted to complete a basic pass or have a decent crack at goal.  Hell, Tim Cahill is a better attacking midfielder.  I defended his selection in the opening rounds of the WC (based on past form) but I'll now hold my hand up and say he's the weakest link of England's "star" contingent by a good long way.  His decline as a footballer over the last season has been shocking and it will be interesting to see how secure his place is at Chelsea now that Cole and Robben are returning to fitness, Ballack is coming back from suspension and Essien is looking more like a footballer and less like a thug.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:22 pm

On the Robinson issue .

Watching the slo-mo replay there wasn't much he could actually do about it , BUT throughout the game the ball was constantly be passed back to him and when it wasn't many players were gesturing for the man in possesion to pass it back to the keeper ,(even when the man in possesion was standing just short of the center circle ! ) .

I think Robinson received almost as many passes as any outfield player . S'hit (as they say) happens ,play the ball back to the keeper often enough and eventually the proof of that expression will be realised.

I'm kinda glad that we've been brought down to earth over these last two games . Maybe now the players will stop beleving the hype they keep reading about themselves . World class my a'rse. And as for McLaren , imo he reached the limits of his ability when managing Middlesboro .

The players seem to be so bent on adhering to the managers plan that all their inherent ability has been stifled . Just field 442 and tell 'em to get out there and PLAY !  :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:00 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Just field 442 and tell 'em to get out there and PLAY !  :angry:

True.

Everytime you hear the media talking about England deploying a fancy new formation prior to a game you just know its all going to end in tears.

For England fans the tragedy is that England have the players, its simply a case of one hopeless manager after another.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion